The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Lowry and DD for the 4th overall pick. Lowry and JV for the 4th overall pick.

Raptors Republic posters overhyping draft picks/prospects as usual. Sigh.
    Too use to being in the lottery. Consecutive years out lottery new ground for RR members.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Guys, if this draft had 4-5 great players, then the Knicks wouldn't be looking to trade the pick. The Knicks are hugely disappointed they won't get one of the top 2 guys, and probably upset they'll get the lesser of the top two PGs. They aren't looking to trade it just to trade it, they're doing it because they see the talent drop off after Towns and Okafor. If they had a top 2 pick I guarantee they would be keeping it.

Demar and the 20th pick actually seems like a damn good return for the 4th pick. Especially for a team looking to get better now. Russell and Mudiay are going to take a few years, and might never become elite, which is what you want when you tank like the Knicks did. The Knicks are trying to salvage the tank job and turning it into an All Star SG seems like a good way to salvage it.

Comment

• Honestly you guys are completely over reacting to the second half of the season. We have good pieces, we just need the proper role players and a better offensive system. I would keep Lowry, DeMar, JV, PP, Ross, Bruno, and Bebe. The rest can go. Due to DeMar's lack of outside shooting we need a SF the can shoot the 3. We also need a stretch 4. Over the next two seasons we have money and three first round draft picks to get what we need.

I find it amazing how quickly people turned on Lowry. I know DD has always been harshly viewed on this site, but I think he is an above average SG. To blow this team up would be a big mistake, we are just gaining momentum. Build up, not rip down.

I think we draft one of Portis (may have to trade down), Justin Anderson, Harrell, Lyles, Tyus, or Grant. We can grow from there. I have a feeling this off-season there will be some good changes.
        Last edited by saints91; Wed May 20, 2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Vasquez and Ross would be significant upgrades and might be enough to get the #4 pick. That's 2 solid players that would instantly become the 2nd and 3rd best players on the Knicks. (Shows how bad they really are). At this point the Knicks need NBA level talent, forget trying to get stars they literally have no nba talent
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Since Jackson seems quite intent on proving the triangle works, DD seems like a fit there stylistically. All depends on what Phil thinks about Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Porzingis or Hezonja. Don't think anyone can really predict what Phil is thinking.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Since Jackson seems quite intent on proving the triangle works, DD seems like a fit there stylistically. All depends on what Phil thinks about Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Porzingis or Hezonja. Don't think anyone can really predict what Phil is thinking.
              Not to mention DeMar thinks he's Kobe
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Not to mention DeMar thinks he's Kobe
                #ProveEm

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• SI just released their newest mock (post-lottery)

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/05/20/nba...-lakers-knicks

Some interesting picks:

Kings taking Kaminsky (arguing the fit for playing next to Boogie):
                  Too high for Kaminsky? First you have to identify what his major flaws are. Kaminsky is a smooth shooting big who can score off the dribble and from beyond the three-point line. The Kings have a gaping hole at power forward, and Kaminsky could complement DeMarcus Cousins nicely. There are issues defensively, but few better scoring options for George Karl’s offense.

Raps @ 20 getting Tyus Jones
                  Jones was among the most impressive players in interviews at the combine, showing uncanny polish, a demeanor that mirrors Jones’s play on the floor. The Raptors targeted a point guard in the first round last season—Phoenix grabbed Tyler Ennis before they could—and will do the same this year.

Comment

SPhoenix grabbed Tyler Ennis before they could—and will do the same this year.
                    ballsy move Phoenix...drafting the same guy two years in a row...well played
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      Honestly you guys are completely over reacting to the second half of the season. We have good pieces, we just need the proper role players and a better offensive system. I would keep Lowry, DeMar, JV, PP, Ross, Bruno, and Bebe. The rest can go. Due to DeMar's lack of outside shooting we need a SF the can shoot the 3. We also need a stretch 4. Over the next two seasons we have money and three first round draft picks to get what we need.

I find it amazing how quickly people turned on Lowry. I know DD has always been harshly viewed on this site, but I think he is an above average SG. To blow this team up would be a big mistake, we are just gaining momentum. Build up, not rip down.

I think we draft one of Portis (may have to trade down), Justin Anderson, Harrell, Lyles, Tyus, or Grant. We can grow from there. I have a feeling this off-season there will be some good changes.
                      I'm not sure what momentum we have after playing terrible the second half of the season and falling on our faces in the playoffs. I just don't see how a few tweaks turns this roster into anything better than a competitive first round playoff team, and that really should not be the goal.

Also, you have to think about HOW we would get that stretch 4 and SF who would shoot the 3. It's basically impossible without moving one or more of our core pieces.

Comment

SI just released their newest mock (post-lottery)

Some interesting picks:

Too high for Kaminsky? First you have to identify what his major flaws are. Kaminsky is a smooth shooting big who can score off the dribble and from beyond the three-point line. The Kings have a gaping hole at power forward, and Kaminsky could complement DeMarcus Cousins nicely. There are issues defensively, but few better scoring options for George Karl’s offense.

Jones was among the most impressive players in interviews at the combine, showing uncanny polish, a demeanor that mirrors Jones’s play on the floor. The Raptors targeted a point guard in the first round last season—Phoenix grabbed Tyler Ennis before they could—and will do the same this year.
                        Grant > Jones
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          ballsy move Phoenix...drafting the same guy two years in a row...well played
                          lol

PS - I hope you're joking....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Grant > Jones
                            Grant is exciting and could be a rotation player right away in the NBA. Jones is much younger, though, by 3 and a half years. Something to consider.

Comment

SI just released their newest mock (post-lottery)

Some interesting picks:

Undersized can't guard his position and is not a upgrade over Lou next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• if we stay at No20, we are getting either Trey Lyles or Montrezl Harrell. We use Tyus Jones as a smokescreen so some team ahead of us will grab him and leave our true intention of draft pick in Lyles or Harrell.

Comment

Working...
                                X