The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    If Lowry and DD were traded on draft night for prospects and picks, a great way to deflect a lot of criticism is to draft a Canuck, eh?
    Stop playing with my emotions...

And great write ups DanH. Really nice analysis

Comment

• Don't think we're going to draft an SF. Too many options at PG and PF.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I like Wood.

I said that on purpose, deal with it.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          I like Wood.

I said that on purpose, deal with it.

Comment

• I like Wood too. (And technically I do mean both. Deal with it.)
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Was looking at Draft Express's practice footage of Center Robert Upshaw. What's everyone's take on him? I guess he's a mess off the court, but thanks to that he'll fall past the Raps. He was NCAA's top shot blocker, and with the new tools he's added offensively, he could potentially play a little PF. Thoughts? Is he too much of a head case?

Comment

• Way too much of a head case. He's probably going to screw up in the NBA as well.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Drummond was a "headcase" too.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Drummond was a "headcase" too.
                    Too be fair, Drummond had a TON of red flags.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Drummond was a "headcase" too.
                      Drummond didn't get kicked off of multiple NCAA teams.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• All I care about is that he's a mobile 7 footer with 7.4 wingspan. One of the top in defensive rebounding and one of the best rim protectors. Everything else is irrelevant.

Comment

All I care about is that he's a mobile 7 footer with 7.4 wingspan. One of the top in defensive rebounding and one of the best rim protectors. Everything else is irrelevant.
                          Can't really say its "irrelevant" ... its certainly relevant when discussing prospects, to determine whether their off-court behaviour could negatively affect what you are trying to do on the court... see Ron Artest, Michael Beasley, Larry Sanders, Javaris Crittenton, Latrell Speewell etc ....

Comment

• everything else isn't irrelevant. a big part of being a professional player is accountability. can you trust this guy not to implode?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• In my opinion talent comes first. I'm willing to take a risk with him being a headcase (smoked weed). It's a coaches and GM's responsibility to create an environment where he can develop as a player and a person. Coach needs to be able to teach accountability. For some players it takes time for example James Johnson. But you don't give up on talent.

Comment

In my opinion talent comes first. I'm willing to take a risk with him being a headcase (smoked weed). It's a coaches and GM's responsibility to create an environment where he can develop as a player and a person. Coach needs to be able to teach accountability. For some players it takes time for example James Johnson. But you don't give up on talent.
                                To a certain extent, yes, but ultimately a player has to man up as a person and take responsibility for their actions. Kicked off 2 teams in under 3 years and failing multiple drug tests does not sound like a person who has done that yet. He can block a million shots, but it's not much help if he's constantly getting suspended.

Smoking weed may not be the worst offence, but it is still against the rules, and if you want to earn a living playing in the NBA, you need to follow the rules.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X