The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    There was a lot of footage of McKechnie working with JV year after drafted in Lithuania.

There is a delicate balance with a guy like JV because he isn't a natural born athlete. He is athletic but he isn't Drummond, for example. So the combination of adding strength while keeping 'explosiveness' and 'quickness' is tough when a guy isn't like, well, Drummond is a good example again.

This kid Wood is naturally athletic and does have some hops. I think it is comparing apples and oranges due to differences natural athletic ability.
    Yeah that's true.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Montrezl Harrel would be nice, he looks like a Serge Ibaka clone
      Christian Wood would probably be within our range, he looks like a better version of Jason Thompson

Personally I like us targeting one of Cliff Robinson (if he falls), Trey Lyles, Christian Wood, or Chris Walker

Comment

• Honestly, i haven't done much research on draft prospects or watched much college basketball this year but I like the idea of a guy like Harrel. I think the Raps could really use a great defender/shot blocker at the 4 spot, even if his offensive game is still developing. I don't think Harrel will drop to the Raps, but if he does, there are still questions about him. He would be undersized at the pf and i think to play any meaningful minutes in his first and second year he would have to develop a corner three, so he is something more than a high energy guy. (again this is just in my limited research)

Having said that, I think that when you are drafting towards the end of the 1st round, which seems inevitable unless MU makes a trade, you should draft for potential at any position. (Especially since Toronto seems to not attract high end talent)

Mostly unrelated, I wonder how much Lou Williams will sign for in free agency. I'm not sure the Raps can afford to give him a big contract, sign JV long term, maybe keep Ross (i could see him getting traded) and get another quality free-agent (people often bring up a pf like Milsap). I wouldn't mind seeing a trade involving Ross for some player still on a rookie contract (or a pick in the 2015 draft). I'm thinking that this would save money for the next few years, as it means that they don't need to resign Ross next year and they get some talent. I'm thinking of going after someone like Tyler Ennis, who can come off the bench with GV as a replacement for Lou. Obviously you give up a lot next year, but a simple solution is to sign a vet for a year at a relatively low cost. I am also hoping that Ennis doesn't get much PT because they have 3 pgs already and he will improve over the summer (again this is one of many possibilities). This gives the Raps a lot of cap flexibility in the future and good talent for the next few years in a young player like Ennis. I am a big believer in Ross, but I don't see him developing to be a great player with DD, Lowry and JV (hopefully) being the main options over the next few years. This is a bit in advance, but i would rather a move like this be done in the off-season rather than mid-season.

Comment

• Holy shit!!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Holy shit!!!

damn

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Holy shit!!!

My goodness.......
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                damn
                If Toronto is picking 20+ Grant would be a good pick. A large combo ball handler to replace GV.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

This was box score from game above dunk is from. Write up from youtube video above:

http://www.nikeglobalchallenge.com

Game 1:
                  34 points (15-21 fg, 3-6 3pt, 1-1 ft)
                  4reb
                  2ast
                  1blk
                  2stl
                  6 TO
                  34 mins

Game 2:
                  26 points (10-20, 1-6 3pt, 5-10 ft)
                  8 rebs
                  8 ast
                  4 to
                  1 stl
                  36 mins

Game 3: (vs. Canada)
                  13 points (5-12, 1-6, 2-2)
                  8 rebs
                  2 ast
                  5 to
                  3 blk
                  6 stl

Game 4:
                  10 points
                  6 rebs
                  5 asts
                  6 to
                  1blk
                  draft express ranked him on the 28th place in the 2016 draft

Comment

• time to seriously start looking at this draft lmao

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      time to seriously start looking at this draft lmao
                      ahhh the good old days of Tank vs Not to tank..

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        ahhh the good old days of Tank vs Not to tank..
                        nah i mean looking at 20-25 range. tank is not going to happen. I'm not going there

Comment

• i want a point guard who's good on defence, sick of being burned by quick dribble penetration guards, and lowry may be a late bloomer but he's gonna get slower not quicker, in the 20-30 range tyrone wallace is the closest fit, unfortunately pretty poor offensively though.

Comment

• Lol Matt you been watching Wiggins lately now? Boy's going off.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Lol Matt you been watching Wiggins lately now? Boy's going off.
                              Yeah.

I pick out of 14 thus far.

I am going to assume he read my comments here and I was his inspiration.

Comment

• mchappy wrote: View Post
                                yeah.

I pick out of 14 thus far.

I am going to assume he read my comments here and i was his inspiration.
                                "My god how are the raptors ever gonna accept me if matt hates me. Must go maple jordan mode!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X