The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Not really often a grammar nazi, but you should say "Even if his great shooting year...", otherwise it means you'd like to pick him partly because he can't shoot.
    No, he's saying he'd pick RHJ over Anderson, ESPECIALLY because Anderson's great shooting year might have been a fluke.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• RHJ is starting to grow on me. I now won't be angry if we pick him.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        RHJ is starting to grow on me. I now won't be angry if we pick him.
        I like him better than Anderson

Anderson shot 30% from 3 for his first two years at UVA and shot 45% his 3rd year, I dont think there is enough of a sample size to say Anderson is a good shooter. Also shooting badly from the NBA 3 during the draft combine isnt helping his case.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Harrell measured out pretty good. His perfect fit and the cheapest replacement for AJ. Could be a great energy guy off the bench next year and maybe develop into a starter. He reminds of TT but, he already has a better J than TT does right now. His been extremely well coached the last 3 years. Coming from a great defensive system. He might be undersized but his extremely long and strong. He is still extremely agile even though being over 250+lbs. Which would come handy with all the hedging we except our bigs to do(well everyone except JV). Still hoping we get a vet PF(Taj Gibson) who could show him the ropes for a could years .

Harrell showed up with some freaky measurements at the combine. He stands just 6-foot-7 in socks. But he has an incredible 7-4.25 wingspan. That plus-9.25 inches between his height and wingspan are the biggest in the combine and give teams hope that he might be able to play some 5. "He has the game of a center," one NBA GM said. "But you write him off because of his size. But when you factor in his 9-1 standing reach he's on par with Kaminsky. And you know he has the strength and engine to compete in the middle. I think he could surprise some people and be a Ben Wallace-type big in our league."
          http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...Ford-Big-Board

-Montrezl Harrell: Harrell measured only 6'7 without shoes, but compensated with a huge 7'4.25 wingspan. Harrell's wingspan to height differential is a ridiculous 9.25 inches. His 253 pound frame for his length and explosiveness puts him in a somewhat unique group body-type wise. He's essentially a bigger version of Ike Diogu who measured 6'6.5 without shoes with a 7'3.5 wingspan and a 255 pound frame.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3aYqKhvK3
          http://www.draftexpress.com
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't expect MU to try and move up in the draft, but I would expect more ready to contribute pick this year than his picks from last year. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he packaged his pick in a trade. I think MU is going to try and improve the team more immediately than for the future.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I don't expect MU to try and move up in the draft, but I would expect more ready to contribute pick this year than his picks from last year. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he packaged his pick in a trade. I think MU is going to try and improve the team more immediately than for the future.
              based on what? he didnt make a move at the trade deadline when he had a few expiring contracts as well as the pick to use. I think that is telling that he isnt willing to trade for a short term fix, especially if it means giving up a future asset.

Comment

• usually when i read scouting reports and there's "shot is completely broken" i skip on to the next player
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  based on what? he didnt make a move at the trade deadline when he had a few expiring contracts as well as the pick to use. I think that is telling that he isnt willing to trade for a short term fix, especially if it means giving up a future asset.
                  THere were rumours he was looking to deal though. Toronto was seen as a favourite to land West (I do remember seeing reports that at least some discussions took place), for example, but Indiana decided to make a run at the playoffs and kept him.

I think Masai could easily be willing to trade the pick. If he would've included it in such a deal in February, I think he would now, though he'd probably shift to better long-term targets than West, who just would've been one of the best options mid-season and a good enough fit to sell the move, but now it would look pretty weak.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    THere were rumours he was looking to deal though. Toronto was seen as a favourite to land West (I do remember seeing reports that at least some discussions took place), for example, but Indiana decided to make a run at the playoffs and kept him.

I think Masai could easily be willing to trade the pick. If he would've included it in such a deal in February, I think he would now, though he'd probably shift to better long-term targets than West, who just would've been one of the best options mid-season and a good enough fit to sell the move, but now it would look pretty weak.
                    idk man. He had more assets during the season and at that point the team looked to be in better shape. At that point it seemed like the team was a lock for at least the second round. Not to mention that the only young guys they have that can kinda contribute are Ross and JV. Seems risky to get rid of young talent for vets when the team hasn't made much noise in the playoffs. Imo the team needs more young talent, not someone past their peak like West as a short term fix.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Next season is his third at the helm and after the collapse this season MU knows he can't afford to sit back and ride the high of a couple of winning seasons. Fans and his bosses want results.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        usually when i read scouting reports and there's "shot is completely broken" i skip on to the next player
                        I have no idea what the scouting report was on Khawai Leonard or Jimmy Butler coming out of college but the way they have turned themselves into legit scoring options while being great defenders has changed my perspective on players not known for offence. Seems like that can be learned and developed but if you don't have the toughness to defend or drive to play hard then you better be a flat out scorer. Of course there is MKG whom never panned out...

Comment

• I dont understand how if your life is basketball, and you aren't visually impaired, how you can't learn to shoot free throws, and get at least good enough at shooting that it isn't a liability to have you the on the floor. I don't understand how you can play a sport for somtimes up to 25 years and not learn how to shoot free throws. If I'm drafting kids you need a minimum 70% from the line 40% from the field and 30% from the three.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Next season is his third at the helm and after the collapse this season MU knows he can't afford to sit back and ride the high of a couple of winning seasons. Fans and his bosses want results.
                            This is how you become the brooklyn nets.

Comment

• Jahlil Okafor was a 51% ft shooter at Duke. Hack a Okafor here we come. Fwiw, Towns was at 81%.

Comment

• Draftexpress latest mock draft #20:

The Raptors were statistically the worst defensive team to make the playoffs besides 8th-seeded Brooklyn, which could lead to look towards that end of the floor in the draft. Hollis-Jefferson's ability to defend both swingmen positions, as well as the guard and power forward spot, could give whichever team that drafts him a great deal of lineup flexibility, which is very valuable in today's NBA

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3ad9nyiN7
                                http://www.draftexpress.com
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X