Game #13: Toronto Raptors 110 - Cleveland Cavaliers 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akkerman wrote: View Post
    Pretty scared to have either Lebron or Marion guarding Demar, he struggles against that type of size
    Yeah, and with the other guarding Ross, it's not like you can expect a big game out of him either. Lowry is going to have to look for his a little more than usual I think.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

On offence, expect to see a lot of pick and roll. A LOT. Cavs can't defend it this year. Use the PnR to initiate, lots of ball movement should get us lots of open looks.

Defence is obviously a tough matchup. Love is currently being underused by the Cavs (only attempting 8 shots per game is insane for a top 5 scorer), so hopefully they continue to ignore him. You want the ball in the hands of waiters as much as possible. A little trash talk in his ear might get him going into hero ball mode. Biggest thing on defence is to simply play fundamentally sound on your man, cause the Cavs aren't moving the ball well and are often not even looking to pass to the wide open man (even when it's LeBron) if it means passing up their own shot.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        Also, Miami's defense is a hot mess. If the Rap's offense is rolling (especially the second unit guys [GV, LW, PP]) I'm not afraid of trading punches.
        You obviously mean "Cleveland"....but I was thinking of Landry F too re a Lebron matchup in selective portions. He looked real active last night and made some good plays but then everyone did!

Comment

Great Bruno pic in OP, Joey.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            You obviously mean "Cleveland"....but I was thinking of Landry F too re a Lebron matchup in selective portions. He looked real active last night and made some good plays but then everyone did!
            Yea but that's typical Landry play. I never understood why he's so hated. Sure he's overpaid, but he's easily one of the smarter players on the team and has a very good skillset. I honestly think he more than makes up for his lack of a jump shot yet everyone seems to crucify the him for that one reason.

Comment

just want to point out that Cleveland is almost in 8th place .........
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                just want to point out that Cleveland is almost in 8th place .........
                71 games to go...

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  71 games to go...
                  you just got put on the list
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    you just got put on the list
                    East sucks. I don't believe in Bucks yet, Hawks.. meh and Cavs will finish 4th in the east.

Comment

Amir will have to have a big night and expose Kevin love on defense. And this is the first of three times we play the cavs between now and December 9th... So let's go get em.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        East sucks. I don't believe in Bucks yet, Hawks.. meh and Cavs will finish 4th in the east.
                        Nope you want the Cavs and Bulls to finish 2nd and 3rd and knock one or the other out in the second round.

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                          Amir will have to have a big night and expose Kevin love on defense. And this is the first of three times we play the cavs between now and December 9th... So let's go get em.
                          I don't think Amir needs a big night, just be active and keep moving. Love's struggles will be more on help defence, so the bigger night will belong to likely Lowry. JV will be a big key for us inside. If he can get going, then everything changes for Cleveland's D.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Nope you want the Cavs and Bulls to finish 2nd and 3rd and knock one or the other out in the second round.
                            It also works if Cavs finish 4th though, just Bulls have to finish 1st, which is entirely possible.

Comment

What's with all the kittens scared of the Cavs?? F$ck the Cavs, f!ck a poppa dock f@ck everybody.

Raps W. Also, to those going to the game tonight on that road trip. Bring the noise! Cavs noise is played through the speakers cuz they blow.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

When a team is getting down on itself and has the sort of body-language the Cavs have had lately, you need to jump on them early, get them feeling like it's going to be another bad night. Honestly this game worries me a lot, in part because I really, really don't want us to lose. If we win, we aren't going to get a lot of credit. If we lose, it's going to be all about how the Cavs are back after knocking off the top team in the east. I don't want us to be on the wrong end of those headlines.

I think the key will be jumping on them early. They're tired, they're afraid of losing, it seems they don't really like each other right now. If the starters can get a solid lead and then have our superior bench open it up a bit, we can get the Cavs down on themselves and unable to make any sort of push. But with the talent that they have, if you let them have some success there's always the potential for it to snowball.

I agree with those saying that we need Lowry to have a big night, getting into the paint and forcing guys to collapse on him. LBJ will play well against us. It's a matter of limiting the rest of the guys and forcing them into their bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                                X