Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Paranoid much?

If you love Windows, download Tor Browser, if you don't like it yet, then use Firefox ( install No Script, https everywhere, web of trust, certificate patrol apps, also don't forget Exif viewer to check jpeg files' metadata ). Always clean metadata. Use VPN ( don't forget to chain it ), Don't use webmails. Use email clients and send encrypted emails when possible. If you want serious anonymity then you'd need to avoid Windows product. Bye bye, NSA.

Also, if you use Firefox and really hate that advertisers are tracking you then you can simply go to privacy tab and under history set Firefox will use custom settings for history. Also don't forget to change accept third party cookies to NEVER.

Done.
    Snowden...Sn..Snowd....SNOWDEN? is that you!

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Snowden...Sn..Snowd....SNOWDEN? is that you!
      Nope.. just concerned citizen

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Never felt the urge to go on any jihadist websites, so the NSA can scoop all the data they want from me.
        And this is what the NSA sees ...
        3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        ...felt the urge to go on .. jihadist websites... so.. all the data they want from me..

Comment

I'm pretty sure just for writing words "jihadist" and "NSA" you've just triggered their filtering system
          So some lucky NSA staffer will see a lot of awesome Maxim bikini babes.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• What a game, great that we smashed these overrated bums
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              What a game, great that we smashed these overrated bums
              welcome back, sir. Hows vacation?

Comment

welcome back, sir. Hows vacation?
                Not good, too long
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Paranoid much?

If you love Windows, download Tor Browser, if you don't like it yet, then use Firefox ( install No Script, https everywhere, web of trust, certificate patrol apps, also don't forget Exif viewer to check jpeg files' metadata ). Always clean metadata. Use VPN ( don't forget to chain it ), Don't use webmails. Use email clients and send encrypted emails when possible. If you want serious anonymity then you'd need to avoid Windows product. Bye bye, NSA.

Also, if you use Firefox and really hate that advertisers are tracking you then you can simply go to privacy tab and under history set Firefox will use custom settings for history. Also don't forget to change accept third party cookies to NEVER.
                  f
                  Done.
                  "Remember me" wont work with Tor Browser, which is what I was responding too.

Alot of the other stuff is undone when you login and click the "remember me" button, since nobody needs to know your IP address or use OS or browser exploits if you allow third party cookies to follow you around. Though Pivacy Badger (or the commercial ghostery) will block third party cookies, if you really want to be remembered.

I use self-destructing cookies and a password manager (keepass), so no cookies are kept, but I can log in quickly when I want.

Comment

• Privacy badger, for instance, is telling me that this site has third party cookies from facebook, espn, scorecardresearch, and taboola. All of whome would like to remember you. However with browser fingerprinting and hacks like canvas fingerpinting, even blocking cookies doesn't mean much. Tor Browser does try to prevent that sort of fingerprinting, but then no "remember me" is possible.

In anycase, my comment was intended to be funny. I guess it's a joke that only plays in certain crowds.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      Privacy badger, for instance, is telling me that this site has third party cookies from facebook, espn, scorecardresearch, and taboola. All of whome would like to remember you. However with browser fingerprinting and hacks like canvas fingerpinting, even blocking cookies doesn't mean much. Tor Browser does try to prevent that sort of fingerprinting, but then no "remember me" is possible.
                      Well, for me it's really easy to either "provide" fake information to anyone who's tracking me or leave no fingerprint at all. Just disappear from advertiser eyes. Most IT grads know how to avoid leaving online fingerprint. Even IM "businessmen" have been fooling Google and banking millions of $$ by creating private blog networks and leaving no fingerprint at all. It's really easy to browse without leaving a trace. Of course, such cookie storing like Remember Me? should be out of question then. Also, you can still prevent from being tracked and still stay remembered on the site. Just block trackers and spying ads.

Let's stay on ball topic.. Economics undergrad shouldn't be talking about IT stuff.

Quirk wrote: View Post
                      In anycase, my comment was intended to be funny. I guess it's a joke that only plays in certain crowds.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 24, 2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        From cbs sports

The guy with the flashlight must be Dion Waiters...

Comment

Working...
                        X