Raptors Cavaliers
    PG Kyle Lowry PG Kyrie Irving
    SG Demar Derozan SG Shawn Marion
    SF Terrence Ross SF Lebron James
    PF Amir Johnson PF Kevin Love
    C Jonas Valanciunas C Anderson Varejao
    Last Time we Met:
    MARCH 25, 2014 CLEVELAND 102, TORONTO 100
    Dion Waiters scored 24 points, Luol Deng added 19 and the Cleveland Cavaliers prevented Toronto from getting closer to a postseason spot with a 102-100 win over the Raptors ... Toronto fell behind by 21 points in the third quarter, and then battled back to take a 95-94 lead ...But the Raptors fell apart in the final minutes ... Kyle Lowry scored 22 and Terrence Ross had 16 for the Raptors, who had a chance to tie it in the final seconds but guard Greivis Vasquez lost his footing and committed a turnover with 1.9 seconds left ... Toronto took a 95-94 lead on Vasquez's 3-pointer with 6:45 remaining, but the Raptors went just 1 of 9 from the floor and scored five points the rest of the way ... Tristan Thompson added 15 points and 13 rebounds and Jarret Jack had 13 points for theCavs ... Toronto missed three free throws in the final 4:26, but still had a chance to force overtime or possibly steal their 40th win after forcing a Cleveland turnover on an errant inbounds pass with 7.8 seconds to go ...But Vasquez, who finished with 16 points, drove the left side and slipped about 10 feet from the basket ... Toronto was just 16 of 26 from the line.

Game Notes:
    To be updated when Media Notes become available.

Keys to the Game:

+ Some guy named Lebron
    + Some guy named Kevin Love
    + Some guy named Kyrie Irving

Key Match-Ups

vs.

Kyrie has figured out how to be effective along side Lebron.

Lets Go Raptors!!

All I want for Christmas is to make LeBron cry.

*pic courtesy of reddit user elchupanibre5

Comment

if James Johnson is unavailable, should Patterson or Amir draw LBJ as the primary defensive assignment? If PP gets him, James' teammates become spectators. If Amir gets him, everyone else can play man-to-man and LeBron has to shoulder the load by himself.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong but I sort of have a bad feeling about tonight.

Their season has been a letdown so far but they have turned in impressive performances once every 3-4 games. Lebron and the Cavs seem due for a good one unfortunately. The absence of JJ will also hurt, as he would have been the most qualified LBJ-stopper on the team against a guy who has routinely beaten us down over the years.

Or… I could be wrong and the problems in Cleveland go deeper than just a new team figuring it out or whatever. Here's hoping for the latter.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

Their season has been a letdown so far but they have turned in impressive performances once every 3-4 games. Lebron and the Cavs seem due for a good one unfortunately. The absence of JJ will also hurt, as he would have been the most qualified LBJ-stopper on the team against a guy who has routinely beaten us down over the years.

Or… I could be wrong and the problems in Cleveland go deeper than just a new team figuring it out or whatever. Here's hoping for the latter.
          Yes, here is hoping for the latter.

Comment

Lebron is going to come out to play but lets hope the rest of the team doesn't show up. On the other hand, lets hope the entire 15 man squad shows up tomorrow and whoops some ass! lol

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

I do as well. If Cleveland comes out playing like they did against Atlanta, the Raptors (or basically anyone else in the league) have no chance. Yesterday was such a disaster for Cleveland that I can see them just coming out with an unquenchable fire. And then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth on RR.

I'm pretty sure the problems in Cleveland are just a new team figuring it out, but nothing says they can't still be a new team figuring it out tonight.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Best time to play them

Comment

If the Cavs play like they did against Washington, the team will get the Maple Leaf treatment from the home crowd. If LBJ takes over it will be game over, if he shows he is disinterested like last night against the Wizards and sulks,Raptors have a chance

Comment

Got a bad feeling tonight. Without James Johnson we're gonna have to play like we did against the Bucks. And JV has to dominate the boards.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I just can't see us beating Lebron. The guy can do anything on the court and generally, against the raps, he does. I'm okay with a 98-94 score one way or the other (obviously ecstatic with a W).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

All I want for Christmas is to make LeBron cry.

*pic courtesy of reddit user elchupanibre5
                        Made my day! I'm a big fan of that animated X-Men series... It's even better if you imagine Lebron saying Wade's name in the melancholy/nostalgic, drawn out whisper that Logan does for Jean... "Waaade

Soo good.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Wondering if it might be smart to give Landry some burn at SF. I think he's got a better shot defending Lebron than Ross.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Also, Miami's defense is a hot mess. If the Rap's offense is rolling (especially the second unit guys [GV, LW, PP]) I'm not afraid of trading punches.

Comment

Pretty scared to have either Lebron or Marion guarding Demar, he struggles against that type of size

Comment

Working...
                              X