Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Think Chicago's Schedule Isn't All That Noticeably Tougher?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused, do people still want the raps in the play offs?

I really don't see how prolonging this season with more blow outs is likely to salvage anything or garner any hope for next year. I want the raps to be competitive in every game for the rest of the season and then blow it in the last two minutes.

This team needs its draft pick if for no other reason than to give fans something positive to speculate over and not start counting down till July 1st.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the draft pick. I'm hoping the Raptors miss the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i want the raps to lose their pick this year, because i think next year's will be a higher one. Plus it doesn't seem like Colangelo has scouted this draft much.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    i want the raps to lose their pick this year, because i think next year's will be a higher one. Plus it doesn't seem like Colangelo has scouted this draft much.
    The pick is lottery protected until 2015. So if the Raptors finish in the lottery this season, and finish in the lottery again next year, they'll keep both picks.

They will not lose the pick until (1) if the make the playoffs between now and 2014, or, (2) their 2015 first round pick which is unprotected.

Edit: Sorry typo, I wrote 2016 instead of 2015 there. Hat tip to Buddahfan for catching the mistake.
    Last edited by Dave; Sat Apr 10th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

well, no LeBron against the Bulls - I guess I was right. I wonder if the other playoff teams will be resting their starters against the Bulls?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

and the Bulls beat the Cavs.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    The pick is lottery protected until 2015. So if the Raptors finish in the lottery this season, and finish in the lottery again next year, they'll keep both picks.

They will not lose the pick until (1) if the make the playoffs between now and 2015, or, (2) their 2016 first round pick which is unprotected.

2010 first round draft pick to Miami
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Toronto's own 2010 1st round pick to Miami (top 14 protected in the 2010 Draft, top 14 protected in 2011, top 14 protected in 2012, top 14 protected in 2013, top 14 protected in 2014 and unprotected in the 2015 Draft).

Additionally, if Toronto does not convey their own 1st round pick to Miami in 2010, they shall convey their own 2010 second round pick to Miami. [Miami - Toronto, 2/13/2009]
    http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

So if the Raptors make the playoffs any season between and including those that end in 2010 through 2014 the Heat get the Raptors pick only one time in the first year that the Raptors make the playoffs during those years.

If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in all seasons between 2010 and 2014 then the Heat get the Raptors pick in 2015

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

So if the Raptors make the playoffs any season between and including those that end in 2010 through 2014 the Heat get the Raptors pick only one time in the first year that the Raptors make the playoffs during those years.

If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in all seasons between 2010 and 2014 then the Heat get the Raptors pick in 2015
    Yep, so the Raptors are in no danger of losing next year's pick if they're due a lottery pick

Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    Not next season and not for three more years after that. Five years of lottery protection. Plenty of time for the Raptors to work themselves out of the lottery, build a quality team, and only lose a lesser draft pick.

A pick less valuable than the #12 they could get this summer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand the rationale behind not wanting the pick.

12th pick can very likely turn out to be a stud. The draft order is such a crap shoot that scouting is way more important than where your picking unless your in top 3 range. Just draft Jordan Crawford, the kid is money, I don't care where he's projected.

I want the raps to compete hard in every game for the rest of the season and then lose at the wire.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bulls beat the Cavs and are now tied with the Raptors for 8th seed. They take on the Nets next where as the Raptors have the Hawks. Then on Sunday the Bulls and Raptors square off against each other. The Bulls could have a two game lead on 8th seed by the end of the week...

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In case of you need (most likely scenario at the end of season)

TIEBREAKER BASIS:
    (-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
    (1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
    (2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
    (3) Division won-lost percentage
    (4) Conference won-lost percentage
    (5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
    (6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
    (7) Net Points, all games

Playoff Tie-Break Procedures

Teams 1 to 4 in each conference are the three division winners and the team with the next best regular-season record, with the seeding of these four teams determined by regular-season record. The playoffs seedings of Teams 5 to 8 are based upon regular-season record. Ties are broken pursuant to the rules set forth below.

Ties for playoff positions (including division winners) will be broken utilizing the criteria set forth in subparagraph a. below (in the case of ties involving two teams) and subparagraph b. below (in the case of ties involving more than two teams), and the guidelines set forth in subparagraph c. below.

a. Two Teams Tied b. More Than Two Teams Tied
    (1) Better winning percentage in games against each other . (1) Better winning percentage in all games among the tied teams.
    (2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division). (2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if all tied teams are in the same division).
    (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference. (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.
    (4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (5) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents ("point differential").
    (6) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents ("point differential").

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Yep, so the Raptors are in no danger of losing next year's pick if they're due a lottery pick

Not next season and not for three more years after that. Five years of lottery protection. Plenty of time for the Raptors to work themselves out of the lottery, build a quality team, and only lose a lesser draft pick.

A pick less valuable than the #12 they could get this summer.
    The pick is only protected through 2014 not the 2015 as you stated. If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in every year between 2010 and 2014 the pick automatically goes to the Heat in 2015. No protection in 2015 as you stated.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The pick is only protected through 2014 not the 2015 as you stated. If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in every year between 2010 and 2014 the pick automatically goes to the Heat in 2015. No protection in 2015 as you stated.
    Ah sorry, I missed what you were saying. It was a typo in my first post.

Okay, edited that now. Sorry about the mix up.

Thread Information