Who's better: Hayes or Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'MON man is this a real question?
    Chuck Wagon is 1000x better than Perkins.

It's like comparing Kevin Durant to Andrea Bargnani :rollseyes:
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Also forgetting about a big intangible that Hayes brings and that's a great locker room guy. One of the best qualities about this team is how everyone gets along.. Hayes is a big part of that. Perkins seems like he'd punch a guy out for looking at him funny. I can see Perkins going to LAC for the vet minimum though. Doc's the only guy that was able to bring out something decent from him.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Hopefully Bebe will be ready for some burn next year.
        This is the best option. In fact we should be getting Chuck to teach him as much as possible this year while he's still around.

As for Chuck vs Perk... I take Perk simply because of the size factor. Perk is a better all-round rim protector, allowing 46.8% FG by opponents at the rim, vs Chuck at 52.9%. You can plug Perk into more lineups, whereas Chuck is far more situational.

But if we can groom Bebe, maybe he can fit for us as backup C in a couple years.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Also forgetting about a big intangible that Hayes brings and that's a great locker room guy. One of the best qualities about this team is how everyone gets along.. Hayes is a big part of that. Perkins seems like he'd punch a guy out for looking at him funny. I can see Perkins going to LAC for the vet minimum though. Doc's the only guy that was able to bring out something decent from him.
          Perkins is a great locker room presence. Here's an article from Woj:
          http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...071044932.html

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Perkins is a great locker room presence. Here's an article from Woj:
            http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...071044932.html
            Beat me to it. Perkins is revered for his locker room presence and leadership as much as Hayes is, possibly more.

If it's just one game give me Hayes. If you're asking who the better player is at this point, it's Perkins.

Comment

Well, who's better at what? Perkins is likely far more of a "rim protector" than Chuck Hayes.
              In terms of overall defensive ability, I'm going with Chuck. At 6'6", its his IQ that has gotten him this far.
              Oh, being built like Hoover Dam. I'd be surprised if even Perk could back down Hayes.

In terms of locker room presence, I think Chuck plays a big role in the Locker room here. It's hard to say, but I imagine Chuck is equally as revered amongst his peers when it comes to a positive, experienced, veteran voice.

Offensively even, Perkins has proven to be a complete liability, where as Chuck.. well.. we've all seen his one footed 3 pointer. He could score 50 if he wanted to, but he knows better.
              Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 24, 2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                Beat me to it. Perkins is revered for his locker room presence and leadership as much as Hayes is, possibly more.

If it's just one game give me Hayes. If you're asking who the better player is at this point, it's Perkins.

Can we have them both,just trade Fields with trade exception and second rd pick for Perkins or Fields & Stiesma for Perkins,I've always been a fan of his. That's what this team needs more of,leadership,really good Defensively & rebounder(well back in day,maybe if changes team & is motivated,he might bring back his play). Both Fields and Perkins both are in last year of their contract.
                Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Mon Nov 24, 2014, 07:50 PM.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Chucky has been part of creating this brotherhood, and provides anything Perkins would. Given the choice, stick with the bird in hand.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    If Masai is looking for a minimum veteran to round out the roster thinking he has enough youth to develop as is, then yeah, I'd go Hayes..... for minimum.
                    yep. I think we should keep him tbh. I mean, if signing him is the difference between getting a really good player or not, then yeah we should let him go. But he does alot for the team IMO, and can bring something to the table even if he doesn't play. Great veteran leader.

Comment

I'd be down for resigning Chuck. Situational end-of-the-bench big man who already knows the offense and is actually really good at seeing the different options off that system. Sure he can't score it, but he is never in the wrong spots.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        The answer is Lou.

The answer is always Lou.
                        Not anymore lol
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Suns want to trade Miles Plumlee

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Suns want to trade Miles Plumlee
                            trade fields and 'bro

Comment

Comment

Is Amir as good as Hayes at interior defense?

If so,

Valanciunas/FA/Nogueira
                                ?????/Patterson/Johnson
                                DeRozan/Johnson/Caboclo
                                Vasquez/Ross
                                Lowry/Williams

Off course you want this.

Comment

Working...
                                X