No announcement yet.

Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry/DD/Raptor Jesus vs Dragic/Thomas/Bledsoe is going to be a pretty fast-paced matchup...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Boooooo!
      Are you saying Boo or Boourns?

Comment

Zan Tabak wrote: View Post
        Are you saying Boo or Boourns?
        I was saying Boo, but not sure about this guy...

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          The Suns are no joke and I keep feeling that the Raptors are due for a let down game.

As always, I hope I'm incorrect but I'll predict that the Raptors drop one tonight.

In the interests of providing some assistance please stare deeply at the image below and repeat 1000 times" "We shall overcome". Keep away from children.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
            I keep feeling this as well, but it keeps not happening. That Bucks game was a terrifying let down/trap combination and they won by more than 40. Maybe this team is just really good at avoiding let downs.
            You could be right. Milwaukee seemed like a classic trap game, and they ran them off the court. Then I had myself convinced that the Cavs would come out and thump them, it happened for 12 minutes, and then the Raptors blew them out of the water too.

At this point I almost feel like I owe it to the Raptors to keep repeating it, as they've become very good at proving me wrong.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              This is a game where the 3-ball will come in handy. Dare I say Bruno?
              i say we just park him near our rim the ENTIRE game so he can block all transition runs from phoenix.

Comment

Memphis and OKC were in different leagues in terms of being depleted. Memphis still had their 3 best players and 4 starters. Not that I think the Raptors are better than the Grizzlies, but it was a legitimate win.
                too bad more than 3 players need to play on the court. the other 2 starters usually play 30+ minutes a game. and you're also forcing those 3 best players to play more minutes than they should. beating a team that had to call up d-league players that arrive moments before the game started just so they can legally play is not a legitimate win.

Comment

I think this is a really good matchup for the Raptors, but only if they don't get sucked into the Suns pace and try to turn the speed up to 11 with the Suns. Val is going to be completely gassed if he has to book it to get in position on offense, because he's definitely going to have to book it to get in position on defense.

The Suns really shouldn't be able to stop the Raptors on D if the Raptors slow it down and play their "wait for an opening, and then either drive and kick or drive and get fouled" game. Plus the low turnover rate for the Raptors should lower the opportunity for the Suns to get fast break points.
                  Raps need be disciplined on offense. No crazy heaves from 3, leading to long rebounds, leading to fastbreak, leading to highlights on NBA.com and depression.

Give everyone (more of) a chance to get back on D. No matter how good the team's transition D can be, stopping the Suns from doing what they do is incredibly difficult... just try to keep fast breaks from happening. Maybe offense is more important than defense for this game lol
                  OG is our king

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    too bad more than 3 players need to play on the court. the other 2 starters usually play 30+ minutes a game. and you're also forcing those 3 best players to play more minutes than they should. beating a team that had to call up d-league players that arrive moments before the game started just so they can legally play is not a legitimate win.
                    And yet somehow it counts in the Standings just as much as any other win. Fancy that.

Comment

Can't remember who's praying for raps to get exactly "69" wins, but that's got to put a huge smile on his face.

The Raptors' plus-12.2 point differential is the best in the NBA. At 11-2, Toronto is on pace to win 69 games. The projected win total based on point differential is also 69.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Let it go brother.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                          Can't remember who's praying for raps to get exactly "69" wins, but that's got to put a huge smile on his face.
                          Its nice to dream .. but can you imagine only losing 13 games ALL Season?! I'd be forced to make Game Threads for the rest of my life!

Comment

The one area where we can dominate Phoenix is the free throws. We are 2nd in the league in free throws taken and made. Phoenix gives up the second most free throws per game.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              The one area where we can dominate Phoenix is the free throws. We are 2nd in the league in free throws taken and made. Phoenix gives up the second most free throws per game.
                              Predict refs swallow their whistles and let the teams play.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Predict refs swallow their whistles and let the teams play.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X