Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS10 wrote: View Post
    That is fucked up man
    Yes. I get that they're only allegations. But they're nasty.

Comment

• All celebrities "come out swinging". Think Jian Ghomeshi. Punching dates in the face. And then having the resources to hire PR people to (further) damage the plaintiffs ... in a desperate bid to save his own skin.

I get that it's hard to believe. How could a celebrity like Bill Cosby - as successful and wealthy as he is/was - need to do such things. Why would he take such risks?

But some do. And some don't. We can't tell, from where we sit. Superjudge is simply right - we have a single choice: join a poorly-informed mob of doubters ... or let the justice system (including highly paid PR and defence teams) do their jobs. Derek rose is not a vulnerable defendant (we can't confuse the additional exposure to law-suits, that may come with celebrity, with vulnerability to them). But the woman is almost always a frightened and truly vulnerable plaintiff ...
      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...QDBHNlYwNzYw--

Kyrie might be kept out until January as a percussion in order to have a long playoffs run.

Comment

• I just don't see any reason D Rose would have to do such a thing, but you never know. I'm hoping this is all just bs, he's always seemed like a clean and humble guy

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            STFU man.

You're a good dude Roc, but not on this one. You see it every day, first inclination for some people as soon as a beloved star is accused of anything is to lash out at the accuser.....how dare they.

same thing happened to the girl Kobe was involved with....she dropped her court case after receiving a shit load of actual death threats from crazed Kobe fanatics. She was publicly judged and found guilty because she was promiscuous and had been with guys the same weekend Kobe "didn't say no". He paid her a significant amount of money, ever AFTER she had already been destroyed by the media, and by the massive fan base that couldn't allow their precious star to be painted in anything but a positive way.

So now yo have Derrick Rose. You have an accuser. And the only response should be.... "wow, I hope not"

Thats it.
            In the Kobe case wasn't there also evidence that she planned to extort money from him via text messages with her boyfriend?

I also think the over reaction goes a bit both ways. Not a fault of the masses but of the media. I totally agree a victim shouldn't be shamed or attacked, or else they won't come forward. It is especially difficult when the accused is famous because then the courts don't decide or the evidence.

I want to believe that rose wouldn't do this, and I have to assume he didn't until he is proven to have done it.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              In the Kobe case wasn't there also evidence that she planned to extort money from him via text messages with her boyfriend?

I also think the over reaction goes a bit both ways. Not a fault of the masses but of the media. I totally agree a victim shouldn't be shamed or attacked, or else they won't come forward. It is especially difficult when the accused is famous because then the courts don't decide or the evidence.

I want to believe that rose wouldn't do this, and I have to assume he didn't until he is proven to have done it.
              So you're assuming this young woman is lying then about being Gang Raped? Gotta be careful with cases like this ... they never end well for anybody..

I think the media and authorities should try and be more responsible with these peoples identities (both the accuser and the accused) until more information comes to light.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know how this will turn out, and its not good for this young woman. Regardless of what truly happened.
              Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 30, 2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• I hope he didn't do it, but I also don't assume that she is lying.

Of course, like Joey, I have a feeling this is, unfortunately, going to swing DRose's way.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  I hope he didn't do it, but I also don't assume that she is lying.

Of course, like Joey, I have a feeling this is, unfortunately, going to swing DRose's way.
                  If he did it he needs to go to jail, if he didn't she does. This is one example of a gangbang that doesn't end well

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    If he did it he needs to go to jail, if he didn't she does. This is one example of a gangbang that doesn't end well
                    yea, i prefer the gang bangs that do end well
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                      yea, i prefer the gang bangs that do end well
                      Not that it matters but it could have been a train not a gangbang. News media is so unreliable.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Not that it matters but it could have been a train not a gangbang. News media is so unreliable.
                        true, the media don't know the difference, they just do what they're told and repeat whats on the prompt
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          So you're assuming this young woman is lying then about being Gang Raped? Gotta be careful with cases like this ... they never end well for anybody..

I think the media and authorities should try and be more responsible with these peoples identities (both the accuser and the accused) until more information comes to light.
                          totally agree with the second part. should definitely not be bringing any of this public until it at least gets to trial.

and for the first, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, under law. the prosecutor has to prove she isn't lying. it is a completely unfair situation for her which ties into the other point you made so well.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know how this will turn out, and its not good for this young woman. Regardless of what truly happened.
                            Hey man, its innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• really...joking about jerking off over a rape/potential rape? Please tell me I misunderstood that and that you meant something else
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                really...joking about jerking off over a rape/potential rape? Please tell me I misunderstood that and that you meant something else
                                😔

Comment

Working...
                                X