7. Washington
    6. New Orleans
    5. Milwaukee
    4. Golden State
    3. Memphis
    2. Sacramento
    1. Toronto
    NBA.com wrote:
    The ordering of these teams should be taken with a grain of salt, as any of these squads could make the argument that they have outperformed expectations the most so far. But the Raps are 12-2, and save Lou Williams, it seems like their individual players haven't even scratched the surface as to what they can become.

DeMar DeRozan is barely shooting 40 percent, Terrence Ross has gotten off to a slow start and Jonas Valanciunas is down in almost every statistical category from last season. But the Raptors' depth makes almost all of those issues irrelevant.

The Raptors were expected to finish in the top-four in the East, but did anyone expect them to be already be 10 games over .500?

Well, Drake probably did. Regardless, the Raptors are looking like the beast of the East thus far.

Source
    I guess its something. The Wizards got this awesome long "Big Surprise" write up by Aschburner, but I'll take it. LOL

I like that " Beast of the East" line.

Edit: But we're North side, can't start confusing people

Comment

I bet this is MU's signature on emails from his Blackberry to fellow GM's...

individual players haven't even scratched the surface as to what they can become

Comment

Hearing "The Beast of the East" made me think of this:

But even if we are a Goosebumps book, I'm still happy!!!!!
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

38% chance of winning championship
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

And 68% of making the Finals! Crazy. I don't know what any of this means, but I like it!

Not to mention, that 38% is BY FAR the best odds out of any team listed. Closest team in the East has a 2.9% Chance. Wild.

Comment

Philly's worst projected record: 1-81

Haha.

Comment

So, according to this, the Raptors/Mavs game on Friday is a FINALS PREVIEW! ESPN better be hyping the hell out of that game.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  So, according to this, the Raptors/Mavs game on Friday is a FINALS PREVIEW! ESPN better be hyping the hell out of that game.
                  That would be one hell of a finals. I would expect the Mavs to win it though.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Tyson and Jonas would kill each other in three games tops.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      JV plays Chandler well. Looking forward to it and LouW showing Dirk his version of the one-legged j

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        oh god. i will be at this game. TREMBLING ALREADY.

if the undermanned pacers could take them, i dont see why we cant.

they've largely had a relatively weak schedule as well.
                        Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Nov 25, 2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Interesting note: The Raptors are the only team who's worst record is still above .500 in the league. And really loving the Knicks being the second worst of the East team since so many were trying to make cases for them taking the Atlantic.

And really feeling for OKC after seeing this as well.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Not sure how anyone with a semi-functioning brain could've looked at the Knicks and saw a good team there.

Think Melo regrets leaving Denver?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Not sure how anyone with a semi-functioning brain could've looked at the Knicks and saw a good team there.

Think Melo regrets leaving Denver?
                              Triangle. New Coach who is going to be SO MUCH better than the last one (despite never coaching an NBA game in his life). Getting rid of Felton (who caused all their losses?). Getting rid of Chandler (who was lazy on defense?). Melo. Every other team overachieved.

I think those were the six most frequent things I recall hearing.

He does and he doesn't regret it.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                              X