Game #15: Toronto Raptors 126 - Atlanta Hawks 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NaijaBoy17 wrote:
    Not gonna lie, this is true. Haven't seen you or most of the others (with the exception of OldSkoolCool) talk negatively about DeMar lately. His play seems to be going back to what was working last year, just needs his shots to start falling again.
    Actually I've seen an improvement over last year despite lower fg%, 3pt%, points, and assists.

Since that boston game that I recall criticizing the hell out of, his shot selection and ball stopping ways have decreased significantly.

Those dreaded long 2s he is taking are more within the flow (ie. coming off screens or pull up as ball handler in pnr) and we are seeing more post ups.

Like JV he has also shown improvement at times on d too.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
      Oh for gawd's sake. I'm not using the "coach knows better" line in reference to play calling, offensive sets, defensive schemes, or even rotation patterns. All things someone may have a bit of experience in, we actually see before our eyes, and open to objective criticism. I'm talking about the adamant shouting about how Casey is abusing JV's development, to which there are a multitude of factors at play in the entire organization, that not a soul here knows one iota about.

It's like me critiquing a brain surgeon's decision on technique, and execution, on a major surgery. I'd be talking out of my ass. People want to express their opinion? That's fine, but it's a public forum where if you post something, especially over and over and over, there's no rules about what aspect of this "opinion" isn't open for critiquing. Can't take someone saying you know NOTHING about "X", well boohoo, prove otherwise.
      Psssssssst....

Hate to tell you but you're going on unsubstantiated beliefs.

It is usually months after the fact the truth comes out or when someone is fired/traded.

You keep saying no one is speaking out as proof all is good. Actually no. People aren't speaking out because you don't jump chain of command or talk negatively about the boss without consequences. That goes for more than nba basketball.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Actually I've seen an improvement over last year despite lower fg%, 3pt%, points, and assists.

Since that boston game that I recall criticizing the hell out of, his shot selection and ball stopping ways have decreased significantly.

Those dreaded long 2s he is taking are more within the flow (ie. coming off screens or pull up as ball handler in pnr) and we are seeing more post ups.

Like JV he has also shown improvement at times on d too.
        The stats seem to back this up too, as DeRozan is shooting about 3% less of his FGs from the long-2 range (16-23 feet), and 6% more in the paint.

Comment

Psssssssst....

It is usually months after the fact the truth comes out or when someone is fired/traded.

You keep saying no one is speaking out as proof all is good. Actually no. People aren't speaking out because you don't jump chain of command or talk negatively about the boss without consequences. That goes for more than nba basketball.
          Hopefully all is well though.

We just can't take that as gospel despite a 13-2 record.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
            The stats seem to back this up too, as DeRozan is shooting about 3% less of his FGs from the long-2 range (16-23 feet), and 6% more in the paint.
            I know

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
              Not gonna lie, this is true. Haven't seen you or most of the others (with the exception of OldSkoolCool) talk negatively about DeMar lately. His play seems to be going back to what was working last year, just needs his shots to start falling again.
              Ha

Comment

Psssssssst....

To borrow from your comment,

Pssssssssssst

Hate to tell you but you're going on far greater unsubstantiated beliefs, when it comes to commenting on handling of JVs development. There's a ton more clear evidence that players aren't just towing the company line, and are very clearly feeling the brotherhood and togetherness that the coaching staff has created.
                \
                On the other hand, the irony of you guys coming at me about using the "ya don't no what you're talking about", is that it's in reference to you guys saying that Casey either:
                - doesn't know what he's doing in JV's development
                - or even worse, is being biased and deliberately screwing with JV's development

Hilarious that you're insulted about being told you don't know what you say the coach doesn't know.

Comment

To borrow from your comment,

Pssssssssssst

Hate to tell you but you're going on far greater unsubstantiated beliefs, when it comes to commenting on handling of JVs development. There's a ton more clear evidence that players aren't just towing the company line, and are very clearly feeling the brotherhood and togetherness that the coaching staff has created.
                  \
                  On the other hand, the irony of you guys coming at me about using the "ya don't no what you're talking about", is that it's in reference to you guys saying that Casey either:
                  - doesn't know what he's doing in JV's development
                  - or even worse, is being biased and deliberately screwing with JV's development

Hilarious that you're insulted about being told you don't know what you say the coach doesn't know.
                  The difference, chico, is that I am well aware I'm talking out of my ass and merely giving opinions based on my own personal and professional experience in life and watching/following the Raptors.

I don't understand what the goal is for you here. It appears the goal is to be "right" all the time with every post an attempt at "CHECKMATE!"

Good luck with that.

Comment

• Yeah, yeah, the holier than thou schtick, while misrepresenting what your stance has been. All good.

Comment

• ^Chico, with the mostly collective opinion here on RR about Casey needing to get JV more crunch time minutes, I believe that the opinion has at least some valid traction. To continue with the argument that Casey is an NBA coach and knows exactly what he is doing is 100% right every time in the face of the collective agreement between many like and different minded individuals is a tough pill to swallow. This is why you are facing a lot of opposition.

I understand that having a completely differing opinion than the rest of the board is ok, and we acknowledge that you have voiced your concerns about this, however, we don't want to log in and read "Casey is an NBA coach and knows what he is doing and you're wrong" every second post.

You have voiced your opinion, and we get it, but unless you have anything more to add, stop posting different iterations of the same post and train wrecking an otherwise interesting subject for the rest of us.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        ^Chico, with the mostly collective opinion here on RR about Casey needing to get JV more crunch time minutes, I believe that the opinion has at least some valid traction. To continue with the argument that Casey is an NBA coach and knows exactly what he is doing is 100% right every time in the face of the collective agreement between many like and different minded individuals is a tough pill to swallow. This is why you are facing a lot of opposition.

I understand that having a completely differing opinion than the rest of the board is ok, and we acknowledge that you have voiced your concerns about this, however, we don't want to log in and read "Casey is an NBA coach and knows what he is doing and you're wrong" every second post.

You have voiced your opinion, and we get it, but unless you have anything more to add, stop posting different iterations of the same post and train wrecking an otherwise interesting subject for the rest of us.
                        1. This "collective" you refer to has actually been a small handful, and there has been just as many, if not more people with opposing views. Reality.
                        2. There's is not a single opinion that was voiced by your side, that hasn't been voiced MANY times in the past. So take your advise, put your arms around your pals, and take a good look in the mirror.
                        3. I've presented a hell of a lot more than this "Casey is an NBA coach..." argument. I even asked for specific game examples that we could discuss, rather than just imaginative perception. You know, something real as in actual games, as to how Jv got slighted or mistreated as has been the rhetoric. I got back 2 game examples, from 1 user, and both were way off base. Have you any actual examples to discuss? I'd be glad to. As well as discuss the significance over this 15 game stretch. Let's get real.

Comment

• i think that the difference in opinions is fine, but i don't agree with saying that "casey is ruining jv", "jv would be better leaving" etc. this type of rhetoric just cements a line that one way is better than the others. it isn't. looking at his PER, he was one of the top players in the league, so obviously production isn't what he is being judged on. saying that the coaches are making a mistake by taking that out of the line up in the forth quarters is a fallacy as we do very well in the fourths. who is to say we would be doing better or worse?

we do know how well the team plays when up in the fourth, we do know that we have the best point differential in the league during the fourth, how do we do when we are behind in the forth? is jv' absence hurting the team then? what is the record when trailing entering the fourth or when tied?

i am firmly against "jv needs to play fourths" as we might as well say "bruno needs to play firsts, or how else will he learn how to play in the first quarter?". saying casey is holding jv back now is giving him no credit for the past two years growth, last guy we force fed minutes at the expense of the team didn't turn out so well. but now we want it the other way?

also the "towing the company line" is not at all true for professional sports. players speak their minds, rudy walked around with a stat sheet to show how he felt, demeanors speak volumes also. remember when howard said everything was good in LA but we could see the truth. there is none of that here.

again, no one is bigger than the team and no one should be bigger. full support with the way casey is teaching these young men, whilst winning more than ever.
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Nov 29, 2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i think that the difference in opinions is fine, but i don't agree with saying that "casey is ruining jv", "jv would be better leaving" etc. this type of rhetoric just cements a line that one way is better than the others. it isn't. looking at his PER, he was one of the top players in the league, so obviously production isn't what he is being judged on. saying that the coaches are making a mistake by taking that out of the line up in the forth quarters is a fallacy as we do very well in the fourths. who is to say we would be doing better or worse?

we do know how well the team plays when up in the fourth, we do know that we have the best point differential in the league during the fourth, how do we do when we are behind in the forth? is jv' absence hurting the team then? what is the record when trailing entering the fourth or when tied?

i am firmly against "jv needs to play fourths"
                            Short term gain for long term loss

Case and point, we need JV to be a dominant C by the time we roll into the playoffs because he needs to match up against the bulls, wizards, cavs, hawks and maybe charlotte. Hell, look at the entire Eastern conference and you see a bunch of up-and-coming teams like detroit, indiana (next year), Orlando (next year), philly....every team is going to be strong at C so we need to get JV his reps now so that he can be dominant over them instead of having to pull him because we never got him meaningful reps and is a sub-par center.

Not getting him his reps like DD got is a huge mistake by our coaching staff (look how that worked for DD). Hell, even Kevin Durant has said "I want to go out there and make mistakes because that is how I will learn and get better". How the hell is JV gonna do that? Sure he gets some PT, but he never gets reps even because this team is a fustercluck offensively and our guards have free reign on taking 99% of the shots, things need to change.

Comment

1. This "collective" you refer to has actually been a small handful, and there has been just as many, if not more people with opposing views. Reality.
                              2. There's is not a single opinion that was voiced by your side, that hasn't been voiced MANY times in the past. So take your advise, put your arms around your pals, and take a good look in the mirror.
                              3. I've presented a hell of a lot more than this "Casey is an NBA coach..." argument. I even asked for specific game examples that we could discuss, rather than just imaginative perception. You know, something real as in actual games, as to how Jv got slighted or mistreated as has been the rhetoric. I got back 2 game examples, from 1 user, and both were way off base. Have you any actual examples to discuss? I'd be glad to. As well as discuss the significance over this 15 game stretch. Let's get real.
                              You've started asking for people to give you examples in no couple of places now. The reason you are not getting them is not because there are no examples. The reason is people with an opposing view don't like slamming their heads against the wall and ridiculed while they do it.

Comment

You've started asking for people to give you examples in no couple of places now. The reason you are not getting them is not because there are no examples. The reason is people with an opposing view don't like slamming their heads against the wall and ridiculed while they do it.
                                1. I've heard that a mod declared that it's okay to "attack comments", not posters. What are you doing here with these wide sweeping statements?

2. Not my fault if some people unable to contend with a rebuttal choose to slam their heads against the wall. Show me where I've been out of line with my rebuttals, and I'll apologize for my indiscretions. Be prepared that I may provide the whole context of what was being said.

3. Show me where I've ridiculed people, not comments, except when I've been ridiculed myself, like here.

Comment

Working...
                                X