Colangelo Almost Waived Weems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Almost Waived Weems

Phew ... what a relief. I don't know about the rest of you, but this kid is definitely one of the recent "diamonds in the rough" and I love his potential. Praying that he only continues to grow and improve. Although this season for the most part as been a disappointment on so many levels, Weems continues to impress and surprise me each week.

Courtesy of Ku-Ball from the RealGM:

BC: "I almost waived him (Weems) because his contract was only partially guaranteed. (Rogers BC txt msg during the game segment)

I have to admit, at the beginning of the year, I didn't even know if he'd be in the rotation. That mid-range jumpshot of his is looking nice. He's surprised me too; definitely one of the bright spots of this season.

Thank heavens he didn't get waived.

Comment

The first time I saw him shoot (literally, the very first time), I thought that this guy had a chance. The mid-range game is a lost art in the NBA and he's got it, now it's about refining his decision-making and developing some actual moves with finishes at the end of them. That's the hard part.

Comment

It would have been really unfortunate if Colangelo would have waived Weems all while still keeping POB on payroll.

Comment

He's got potential
          he's athletic
          trys hard on D
          and like Arse said he has a midrange game

Comment

Working...
          X