#we the north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #we the north

I think this campaign may deserve it's own thread. It struck me when a comment in a Suns gamethread said "We the Suns". Tonight's Atlanta posters clinched it. How often as a relatively new franchise do we try to copy what's worked for some other team? Naturally, a lot. But this is something so uniquely us. It is of Raptor origin and it's spreading. Feel free to post any tweets, pics or comments through the season that show how other teams are trying to steal our mojo...even if they're making fun of it.

Thanks for that one Rocwell

I heard this campaign was scheduled for this season, but the unexpected playoff run last year expedited that plan.

But ya, very original, unifying, and catchy. The ad agency deserves a TON of credit.

Comment

Hope MLSE trademarked this ish!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I heard this campaign was scheduled for this season, but the unexpected playoff run last year expedited that plan.

But ya, very original, unifying, and catchy. The ad agency deserves a TON of credit.
        to be honest, it would have probably been a huge flop if the raptors didn't go on their crazy run last year. i'm sure philly fans don't give a shit about "together we build" haha.

Comment

Raps are a hit

It's working...

Comment

Kind of getting tired of it. Its all over the acc and every single commercial. Great idea but like most things that work it looks like theyre going to beat this into the ground.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Kind of getting tired of it. Its all over the acc and every single commercial. Great idea but like most things that work it looks like theyre going to beat this into the ground.
              It's not nearly as bad as the SportCheck spin-off #mynorth

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's not nearly as bad as the SportCheck spin-off #mynorth
                so bad. Comes off as so cheap lol. Then in the commercial they say "share your stories...#mynorth" what stories? Where? Like did their marketing department think mynorth was amazing and everyone would flock to Twitter to share a story? Or are they just hoping enough people can't tell the difference and think theyre the same slogan?

Comment

so bad. Comes off as so cheap lol. Then in the commercial they say "share your stories...#mynorth" what stories? Where? Like did their marketing department think mynorth was amazing and everyone would flock to Twitter to share a story? Or are they just hoping enough people can't tell the difference and think theyre the same slogan?
                  Lol, probably the latter.

"There's a hashtag and the word 'north'. Yay Raptors!"

Comment

"We the South"....seriously?

To me that evokes scenes from movies like DJango & 12 yrs. the slave.....and nascar. Nice history.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      "We the South"....seriously?

To me that evokes scenes from movies like DJango & 12 yrs. the slave.....and nascar. Nice history.
                      when I read "we the south" I think of these guys...

or this guy...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

or this guy...

And this song....

And poor old Ned Beatty.... lol.

Comment

For phases 2 & 3, what do you suggest? Mine are #truenorthstrong & #canadianswordcanadianshield

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I preferred Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke over the original Catherine Bach

Last edited by godkingleonidas; Tue Dec 2, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                              For phases 2 & 3, what do you suggest? Mine are #truenorthstrong & #canadianswordcanadianshield
                              #beaverswaynegretzkymaplesyrup has a nice ring to it

Comment

Working...
                              X