Game #16: Dallas Mavericks 106 - Toronto Raptors 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Scott wrote: View Post
    We are not being disrespected by the US Media.

Stop.
    Disagree. Compare number of ESPN and TNT scheduled broadcasts for Raptors vs Grizzlies, Lakers Bulls even Knicks --Raptors are disrespected by much of US media not all but much of media outlets. Last Tues on TNT Chris Weber and Greg Anthony showed their ignorance towards the city of Toronto though that is a separate issue.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      He played under Don Nelson during his Marlon-Brando-in-the-Island-of-Dr-Moreau phase, and as a 22-year-old played with veterans Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, and Al Harrington. What Rick Carlisle's done with him is sort of a miracle.
      Hahahahahahahah
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Felton playing a game a day after the US Thanksgiving? lol Not likely.

Plus he probably goes to Montana's Cookhouse for breakfast...

Yes, that's a fried chicken sandwich served on Belgium Waffles. Yes, there's bacon. And yes, it is delicious.
        fuck.......me. I just want 1 bite....

Shit like this is why I will be carrying an extra 20 - 30 for my entire life
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          fuck.......me. I just want 1 bite....

Shit like this is why I will be carrying an extra 20 - 30 for my entire life
          Don't fight it cause it's totally worth the 2 hours of exercise needed to balance the force.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

From a Dallas preview:

DeRozan is their leading scorer, although his low shooting percentage (40 percent) means that other teams aren't sweating his 20 points per game too much. At 6'7 220, he is an elite athlete who plays with a high motor, but he isn't the most skilled player in the world and he settles for far too many long twos. You want to take away DeRozan's driving lanes and give him space to fire away from the perimeter.
            http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/game-co...s-game-preview

DeRozan, stop playing into the defense's hands by settling for long, contested twos. It's exactly what they want you to do.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              From a Dallas preview:

DeRozan, stop playing into the defense's hands by settling for long, contested twos. It's exactly what they want you to do.
              He may have to settle for long two's this game 'cause he will have one of the leagues best shot blockers and help defenders waiting for him at the rim. DeRozan might be athletic, but that ain't no Kyle Singler out there.

Comment

From a Dallas preview:

That definetely is an area for improvement .

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                  If DeRozan doesn't play like an idiot he should be able to go off this game pretty efficiently. Dallas has a bunch of small guards who he could easily just post up, and if they put Parsons on him he has a huge speed advantage.

Interested to see how Jonas matches up against Chandler as well, that's gonna be a good test for him.
                  Only posted this to test who would like it. Test results match my hypothesis

Comment

This game feels like a loss... but I hope I get surprised.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Ouch. Has someone tweeted the link to DD yet?

Comment

From a Dallas preview:

I proposed this once before, and I don't mind saying it again, as I'm curious about rebuttals that never came.

I don't mind DD taking these tough shots, and getting lots of in-game practice with them, as long as the team continues to do well, and set themselves up for a playoff run. Come playoff time, NO TEAM has ever gotten far without a player or two making tough shots against tough defense. If you never practice them, good luck in the playoffs. Take Dirk's one-legged, mid-range fade away for example. He didn't just start making that shot overnight, and didn't develop that ability without numerous misses of a shot that "nobody should take".

For example, DD is actually getting pretty good at that baseline spin and fade shot. Far from the highest percentage shot, but would that ever come in handy come playoff time, when teams give you few high percentage shots. Yeah, there may be a couple of shots per game that it's clear there were better options for, but there isn't a scorer in the league that doesn't do that. Not one. The thing is, that too often gets translated here to being selfish, despite the fact that DeMar continues to develop his "create for others" game, which doesn't always show up in the boxscore. He really is getting much better at breaking down the D and finding open guys, that often doesn't result in him getting an official assist in the boxscore. End of rant.

Comment

Faulty hypothesis. Your post contains many points, any which could've warranted the 'like'.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                            I proposed this once before, and I don't mind saying it again, as I'm curious about rebuttals that never came.

I don't mind DD taking these tough shots, and getting lots of in-game practice with them, as long as the team continues to do well, and set themselves up for a playoff run. Come playoff time, NO TEAM has ever gotten far without a player or two making tough shots against tough defense. If you never practice them, good luck in the playoffs. Take Dirk's one-legged, mid-range fade away for example. He didn't just start making that shot overnight, and didn't develop that ability without numerous misses of a shot that "nobody should take".

For example, DD is actually getting pretty good at that baseline spin and fade shot. Far from the highest percentage shot, but would that ever come in handy come playoff time, when teams give you few high percentage shots. Yeah, there may be a couple of shots per game that it's clear there were better options for, but there isn't a scorer in the league that doesn't do that. Not one. The thing is, that too often gets translated here to being selfish, despite the fact that DeMar continues to develop his "create for others" game, which doesn't always show up in the boxscore. He really is getting much better at breaking down the D and finding open guys, that often doesn't result in him getting an official assist in the boxscore. End of rant.
                            Yes, easy looks are harder to come by in the playoffs. We can all agree on that. But IMO, sacrificing possessions during the regular season to practice miracles shots, isn't a sound strategy.

As simple as it sounds, the best strategy is to aim for the best shot available every trip down the floor (regular or post season).

If DeRozan wants to practice tough shots, save them for short clock situations.

Comment

I liked your post because when DeRozan focuses on playing within the team system and punishes smaller defenders, instead of relying on hero/ISO-ball, he's a true all-around all-star. If Ellis guards DeRozan, it's a matchup that I hope DC chooses to exploit repeatedly, by attacking and posting-up.

I also liked your post because this will be a tough test for Valanciunas, to see how his improving/expanding offensive game stacks up against one of the few elite post defenders.

Note: I ignored your typical condescending, passive-aggressive BS, because hidden underneath the trolling bait were a couple legitimate, quality insights. Go figure.
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Nov 28, 2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

You literally just admitted to being a Troll. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X