No announcement yet.

Sleeper Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has to be a stretch.. the other amnesty can only be done during the summer, and only includes contracts that were signed before the last new CBA became official.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      It has to be a stretch.. the other amnesty can only be done during the summer, and only includes contracts that were signed before the last new CBA became official.
      It could be a straight waiving though...

*Nevermind, finally saw a tweet somewhere that said they're using the stretch....Not sure that's a good idea, personally.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        It could be a straight waiving though...
        Yeah, good point.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yeah, good point.
          Haha, see my edit, apparently he is being stretched...So he'll be eating some capspace in Detroit for 5 more years after this one.

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I would just love to see Masai pull something off with Jersey to get Garnett to come up to Toronto this year. As a bench guy to give you 10-15 minutes, more when needed.... in the room, on the floor, on the bench, KG is a man that could really fit in well with what Toronto is doing right now, he fits the culture, and man, would our bigs ever learn from him.

How would this get done..... possible??

Comment

• IDEA...get Motiejunas from Houston after THEY sign Josh Smith
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Anyone ever see Josh Smith smile the last few years? He is just not a very "happy" person.And in my view that translates to the court and by extension the team. The Raptors are in a good place mentally. Dont mess with that unless it is an acquisition to good to pass up. JS is definitely not that.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Did they? I don't remember any specific scenarios being reported, just that they had negotiations. Sacto doesn't really have much in terms of expiring contracts, and I would figure would've wanted to shed at least one of their PFs on longer deals (ie Thompson or Landry, who both have the same contract length as Smith), and SVG probably had no interest in any such offer.

Waiving is still crazy though....doesn't it mean they still have his contract count toward the cap for the next 2 years? That's a horrible move, if so. Think SVG might be in over his head on the exec side of things. Even if the best offer was Jason Thompson/Carl Landry + Derrick Williams, you take it.
                  As long as Williams is included, they would actually save money and have more cap space as long as they were taking just one of Thompson and Landry.

This doesn't make sense.

.....or the offers reported weren't actually out there.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    The more I think about it, the more I would just love to see Masai pull something off with Jersey to get Garnett to come up to Toronto this year. As a bench guy to give you 10-15 minutes, more when needed.... in the room, on the floor, on the bench, KG is a man that could really fit in well with what Toronto is doing right now, he fits the culture, and man, would our bigs ever learn from him.

How would this get done..... possible??
                    Not unless Raps are willing to pay tax.

Comment

• How much of a f*ck up do you have to be for a team to write you a cheque for $41M to just go away?

Ouch.

Given how well Raps have been playing, with chemistry playing a big part of it, I'd say no way to Smith - despite the talent and filling of needs.

Very similar situation to Lance Stephenson's impact on Charlotte I think.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Not unless Raps are willing to pay tax.
                        Trade KG for Fields + Hayes, and the Raps aren't over the tax. The key to any KG deal is getting him to waive his no trade clause, and for Brooklyn to accept a heavily protected first round pick.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          As long as Williams is included, they would actually save money and have more cap space as long as they were taking just one of Thompson and Landry.

This doesn't make sense.

.....or the offers reported weren't actually out there.
                          Well the only reported offer was sending both Landry and Thompson for him.....but I can't imagine Sacto had "strong" interest and their best offer was sending two worse PFs with the same length of contract for him. If they were serious they have to have made some kind of better offer....right?

Comment

• If he goes to Houston I'd rather have Terrence Jones. I really hope something like that goes down. Offer them the TPE and a 2nd rounder for Jones.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              If he goes to Houston I'd rather have Terrence Jones. I really hope something like that goes down. Offer them the TPE and a 2nd rounder for Jones.
                              I'd be shocked if we could get Terrence Jones for basically a 2nd rounder. SHOCKED! Even Masai can't be that big a magician. That would be a terrible terrible deal for Houston.

Jones is injured right now...and I have no clue how serious a peroneal nerve contusion is, nor how long it takes to rehab.....but unless it's a crippling injury that totally destroys his game, there's no way he's that cheap. He's been putting up solid numbers going back to last year, and if his 3pt% reflects actual improvement (not just small sample), he's taken a step forward in a very valuable area. An athletic 22 year old who can be an energy big, defend multiple positions, stretch the floor, rebound, get blocks and steals....yeah, if we get that for a 2nd rounder, Masai's actually got supernatural powers.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                If he goes to Houston I'd rather have Terrence Jones. I really hope something like that goes down. Offer them the TPE and a 2nd rounder for Jones.
                                TJ would be a very good get. I think this guy is on his way to becoming a Al Horford type of player. A bit undersized at PF and considered a bit of a tweener but makes up for it with playing hard/tenacious. Sidebar....good buds with TRoss which may not necessarily be a plus . Saw him on Open Gym during the trip with Amir/Masai to Africa this past summer and he was speaking fondly of the closeness of the above/Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X