Sleeper Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    What about Thad Young? I can't see him being a huge part of what the Wolves want to have going forward....
    Thad would be a great add, depending on the cost. Adding him as a backup F to help spell minutes for Amir at the 4 and to fill in at the 3 would be nice.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Thad would be a great add, depending on the cost. Adding him as a backup F to help spell minutes for Amir at the 4 and to fill in at the 3 would be nice.
      Agreed, he'd be such a good option given Amir's wonky ankles. It's a tough situation, Amir is too fragile to count on as a starter, PPat can't fill Amir's spot and with Amir's pending free agency what do u do to retain him? Can't over pay a guy you can't count on to be healthy and you definitely don't want to see him go. He seems like a huge reason for the chemistry this team has....
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Agreed, he'd be such a good option given Amir's wonky ankles. It's a tough situation, Amir is too fragile to count on as a starter, PPat can't fill Amir's spot and with Amir's pending free agency what do u do to retain him? Can't over pay a guy you can't count on to be healthy and you definitely don't want to see him go. He seems like a huge reason for the chemistry this team has....
        At the beginning of the season we were discussing the fact that we would have to pay him around 10M$/yr to retain him. Right now I'd say that a 3yr deal at around 8M$ would do it. Lou Will, 2 yr/12 M$.

I also think that Thaddeus Young would be a great option if we don't bring back Hansbrough and Stiemsma. I think next year Nogueira will be able to fill some minutes at the backup C spot.

Valanciunas/Nogueira/Hayes
        Johnson/Patterson/Johnson
        Ross/Young/Daniels
        DeRozan/Williams/Caboclo
        Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

If everyone accept their role... wow.

Comment

• But why the Wolves would not want him long term?

Comment

• Taj Gibson is a target. Bulls will need to extend Butler this Summer and have sunk money into Gasol, Mirotic and McDermott.

Comment

• Sorry for the 3rd post in a row but would you rather have JJ or Thad?

Comment

• Don't really know what to think of this thread.

However if we are talking talent for under-the-radar I gotta throw out Anthony Morrow's name. Dude can shoot, and we need shooting

Comment

• I'm going to propose something risky.

Fields, Hansbrough and... Lou, for Thaddeus Young and Kevin Martin. (Consider contracts and all on both sides)

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Don't really know what to think of this thread.

However if we are talking talent for under-the-radar I gotta throw out Anthony Morrow's name. Dude can shoot, and we need shooting
                    We have Kyle (35% career 3pt), Vasquez (35% career 3pt), Lou (38% 2014 3pt), Ross (44% 2014 3pt), and Patterson (43% 2014 3pt)

Thats 2-man deep in shooting for the guard positions (2 point guards, 2 shooting guards), and we have a stretch 4 with >40% so far. Im not sure shooting has been our weakness.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      We have Kyle (35% career 3pt), Vasquez (35% career 3pt), Lou (38% 2014 3pt), Ross (44% 2014 3pt), and Patterson (43% 2014 3pt)

Thats 2-man deep in shooting for the guard positions (2 point guards, 2 shooting guards), and we have a stretch 4 with >40% so far. Im not sure shooting has been our weakness.
                      Not to mention the 2nd best offense in both PPG and Per100
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Not to mention the 2nd best offense in both PPG and Per100
                        Let me just add to that:

- T-5th in the league in TS% at 56.6%
                        - 4th in the league in PPS (points per shot) at 1.30
                        - 5th in the league in 3PT% at 37.3%
                        - 8th in the league in 3PM at 8.8 per game
                        - 9th in the league in FG% at 46.1%
                        - 2nd in the league in FT% at 80.6%

Shooting is not a damn issue on this team, not sure what OSK is talking about.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Not sure if Harrison Barnes is a sleeper. And i don't think he's going anywhere anyway. But if i'm MU i'd offer Ross for Barnes straight up, see if GS bites.

Not sure if Tobias Harris is a sleeper as well but whatever.

My sleeper targets:

Mozgov

Bismack Biyombo

John Henson

Ian Mahinmi

Rudy Gobert

Zaza Pachulia
                          You nailed it, that's a great sleeper list and also addresses our needs! We're lacking in rim protection and rebounds to be a complete team right now, that's our most glaring weakness statistically. We need to dump Chuck Hayes and Handsbro at the deadline and pick up one of those guys, for me it'd be Mozgov, Henson, or Zaza.

On the not so under the radar it'd be Al Horford (not a big chance as many have suggested) or David West. I think the Pacers would part with West at the deadline and that'd be a perfect coup for Masai, he provides the right amount of toughness, veteran leadership, and skillset to put this team over the top! We could move Amir to backup center which would also protect his ankles and have PP back up West.

*I was hot on Millsap for awhile too but I think he's a little undersized for PF and we don't really need offense, we need some size defensively and if they have offensive upside than that's just a bonus..
                          Last edited by Raps76; Sun Dec 7, 2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Ross for Kyle Korver
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Ross for Kyle Korver
                              Yes!! That would be perfect and the plus is Korver is sooo dreamy!! Call Masai right nowwwwww and go ahead with this trade. I approve!!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Ross for Kyle Korver
                                ATL will laugh everyday and twice on Sundays.

Comment

Working...
                                X