Sleeper Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I could see a trade for Wright including our first if Masai had a good feeling about extending or re-signing him. Assuming we send Hayes back, that allows us to re-sign Amir and Lou and solidify our big rotation for years.
    Bro and steamer would put raps in tax by about $35k

Shitty

Comment

• Wright + Green for Chuck, Fields, Bro, 2015 pick and Daniels.

Boston gets expiring contracts for both, as well as a pick and a prospect playing overseas.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I could see a trade for Wright including our first if Masai had a good feeling about extending or re-signing him. Assuming we send Hayes back, that allows us to re-sign Amir and Lou and solidify our big rotation for years.
        That would be unreal...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Wright + Green for Chuck, Fields, Bro, 2015 pick and Daniels.

Boston gets expiring contracts for both, as well as a pick and a prospect playing overseas.
          Great for Toronto, no chance Boston does this... unless that's Willie Green.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            Great for Toronto, no chance Boston does this... unless that's Willie Green.
            It doesn't pay to doubt Masai.

Comment

• I don't know if you would consider them a sleeper target, but we could use a replacement for Vasquez. If there was any way to pry one of the PG's from Phoenix...I'm thinking Dragic or Thomas would be the most likely they would let go...it would be an upgrade to Vasquez.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I don't know if you would consider them a sleeper target, but we could use a replacement for Vasquez. If there was any way to pry one of the PG's from Phoenix...I'm thinking Dragic or Thomas would be the most likely they would let go...it would be an upgrade to Vasquez.
                Ennis would be the PG I target from Phoenix.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I really like what another Canadian PG would bring to the team, Joseph reminds me of Alvin Williams. Williams was a bit of a late bloomer in the league and was far from flashy. His assist numbers were never high nor was he a big scorer, but I would love to have him join the team as the starter for when Lowry's current contract is up. Decent Size, solid defender, very steady.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ennis would be very nice as a 3rd PG, but no way I'd want him to be our 2nd, until he shows a lot more than he has thus far..
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Ennis would be very nice as a 3rd PG, but no way I'd want him to be our 2nd, until he shows a lot more than he has thus far..
                      Yeah, he'd need to be given the opportunity to learn through his mistakes. Not sure if Toronto is the best environment for that.

But then again, if he flourishes with extra minutes in Phoenix, the asking price goes up.

Either way, I think he's worth the gamble.

Comment

As a future prospect yes, but for right now, I think Ennis may not be nba ready. Not sure if he's a good shooter from 3 either.

Comment

As a future prospect yes, but for right now, I think Ennis may not be nba ready. Not sure if he's a good shooter from 3 either.
                          Agreed.

But in terms of either Bledsoe or Dragic, both are good enough to start. Not sure if they'd be ideal for the 2nd unit.

Comment

If you think that Ennis will be good, now would be the time to get him is seems to me. Not sure what you give up for him, but he would probably get more playing time here than in Phoenix, as they have guards on guards on guards on guards.

Main concern, which has been said, is that he is not able to learn from mistakes and that the Raps already have so many young players that someone's overall development gets lost. I guess too many good young players isn't really an issue though, and could help get back a more established player if one becomes available.

Comment

• Markieff Morris?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Markieff Morris?
                                You'd also have to take his brother and they play together.

Comment

Working...
                                X