Sleeper Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I think I'm not really answering the question posted in the OP, but the sleeper target I'd like to acquire is MORE DRAFT PICKS.

If we would have had our pick two drafts ago Masai is on record as going to take Giannis.

Last draft we got Bruno.

I'd much rather target strategic draft picks, than attempt to find more "sleepers" who are already in the NBA.
    Ya that makes sense. Go and acquire more talent that you can't use for 3 or 4 years. We're beyond that stage now. Besides there's Bebe and Bruno still developing in the background, Deandre Daniels in aussieland and we have 3 first round draft picks over the next 2 years. Not to mention we have 2 3rd year players in the starting line up.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

What about Draymond Green?

Still just 24 years old, putting up 13-7-3 on 58 TS% for the Warriors this year.

He can play SF or PF and defend both positions, he's the good kind of SF/PF tweener imo. Listed at 6'7, but measured at 6'7.5 at the draft combine with a 7'1 wingspan. He's as long as Paul Millsap, but 20lbs lighter and a lot quicker.

Can hit the three, rebound, and pass at a high level for his position(s).

Expiring this year, and was a 2nd round pick. The Warriors already have 78M committed next year, and still have to worry about paying Harrison Barnes at the end of that season. I think he could be had in free agency or perhaps even via trade.

Could this be a guy that we acquire and he blossoms even more on our team?
      Last edited by NaijaBoy17; Mon Dec 1, 2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

Still just 24 years old, putting up 13-7-3 on 58 TS% for the Warriors this year.

He can play SF or PF and defend both positions, he's the good kind of SF/PF tweener imo. Listed at 6'7, but measured at 6'7.5 at the draft combine with a 7'1 wingspan. He's as long as Paul Millsap, but 20lbs lighter and a lot quicker.

Expiring this year, and was a 2nd round pick. The Warriors already have 78M committed next year, and still have to worry about paying Harrison Barnes at the end of that season. I think he could be had in free agency or perhaps even via trade.

Hmm... another guy I was looking at for us. (Demarre Carroll and Luke Babbit are the two others)
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

They would rather have Green than Barnes I think. Green is much more involved in their offense, and seems to be better on defense. I imagine they try to deal David Lee sometime this season to avoid the tax because of Klay Thompson's extention, so I imagine, if you are willing to take back David Lee you could get Barnes/Green but more likely Barnes.

Comment

I'd be all over Green.

I don't think GS lets him go though.

I see Barnes and Lee traded, but that is just opinion of course, as DL1234 said.

Green is playing more of an undersized stretch four. He has a huge wingspan I believe that helps make up for lack of height.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of finesse players, but Mirza Teletovic seems like he would fit well into the Raptors offense. Pretty decent rebounding numbers so far this season as well.

Mike Scott is also a player that has some potential as a 3 & D guy.

Comment

Killasova
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Couldn't we poison pill Green to deter the Warriors though? He was a 2nd round pick.

Comment

I'd love B.Wright, but from what I've heard Dallas is actually very high on him. Very high on a 7-footer basically means untradeable.

Comment

GS won't trade Green unless they get something crazy for him, he's too important to their success.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

gonna echo the henson/harris/mcdaniels sentiments

all good, getable players. henson for rim protection (desperately needed), harris for size and scoring on the wing and mcdaniels as a defensive stopper, like JJ but better/less crazy.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Green is not going anywhere. I would say he's pretty much untouchable. He's a critical part of their team.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

It'll never happen. BUT... What if , somehow, the Masai landed Marc Gasol
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              It'll never happen. BUT... What if , somehow, the Masai landed Marc Gasol
                              Also not much of a sleeper target

---

Wasn't part of the premise that a "sleeper" is someone who could potentially break out into a much larger impact/role? Doesn't that pretty much rule out all veterans who are known quantities?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                gonna echo the henson/harris/mcdaniels sentiments

all good, getable players. henson for rim protection (desperately needed), harris for size and scoring on the wing and mcdaniels as a defensive stopper, like JJ but better/less crazy.
                                Yeah, these are decent examples of "sleepers"...

Not so big on Henson. He is too skinny for C, too slow for PF. Seems to have an inconsistent motor too from what I've seen. Not sure where he actually fits. Would rather target an established guy or someone with better physical tools for C.

Harris is not that much of a sleeper. It's unknown how he'll fair in a winning situation, but he's clearly talented. Going to have his share of suitors when his contract runs out.

McDaniels is intriguing. He was a real draft option, but the staff went with the higher ceiling guy in Bruno. Could be a way to have them both.

I think I saw Biyombo mentioned earlier. If he can be had at a low cost, he could be a good target for backup C. Could be the type of guy who just needs to find his niche.

Gobert has been mentioned in these forums every now and then, but seems unrealistic. No reason for Utah to give up on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X