Sleeper Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    You'd also have to take his brother and they play together.
    Seriously?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Seriously?
      The Morrii are observably both much better when they play in the same lineup, and Markieff is even better when Marcus is playing but not on the floor with him as opposed to not playing because of injury or similar. That was the entire logic behind Marcus' slightly-larger-than-expected extension: he makes Markieff better.

The Morrii are a unit and it's silly to trade for one without the other.

Comment

• twins are psychic so they call plays to each other through their minds
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          As a future prospect yes, but for right now, I think Ennis may not be nba ready. Not sure if he's a good shooter from 3 either.
          Ennis is an average shooter at best, but shooting was never the reason he was a quality point guard in college: he was a quality point guard because he was a strong defender, a decent cutter and a very good passer. He went as low as he did because he's not a freak athlete, but athleticism goes away and skill remains - just look at Andre Miller.

Ennis is never going to be a superstar point guard, but he's already got the skills for a long, productive NBA career, and his one area of deficiency - shooting - happens to be the one area that's easiest to improve with practice. He's got high basketball IQ and that's really hard to teach.

Comment

• Okay, here's a sleeper target for you:

Josh Smith.

Detroit just waived him. Yes, really.

I'd take him on a minimum contract and see if he's willing to stop taking shots, because if he is then he's exactly what we need at power forward.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Okay, here's a sleeper target for you:

Josh Smith.

Detroit just waived him. Yes, really.

I'd take him on a minimum contract and see if he's willing to stop taking shots, because if he is then he's exactly what we need at power forward.
              WOW. I bet noone saw that comming. Goes to show what the trade market is like. Even the Sacremento Kings didnt wanna send expirings for Josh Smith. what a waste of a talent.

But yea, No. Dude is weird. He'll probably kill the locker room chemistry.

Something tells me the Lakers are all over him with that Nash's injury exception.

Comment

• the fact that they couldn't even find a team willing to dump contracts to take him his pretty telling.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Josh Smith waived by Pistons

The Detroit Pistons announced today the club has requested waivers on forward Josh Smith.

"Our team has not performed the way we had expected throughout the first third of the season and adjustments need to be made in terms of our focus and direction," said Stan Van Gundy, Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations for the Detroit Pistons. "We are shifting priorities to aggressively develop our younger players while also expanding the roles of other players in the current rotation to improve performance and build for our future. As we expand certain roles, others will be reduced. In fairness to Josh, being a highly versatile 10-year veteran in this league, we feel it's best to give him his freedom to move forward. We have full respect for Josh as a player and a person."

The 6-foot-9, 225-pound forward has averaged 13.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.7 assists while shooting 39.1% from the field, 24.3% from three point range and 46.8% from the free throw line. In 105 games with the Pistons, the Georgia native averaged 15.5 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game.

Smith was acquired by the Pistons as a free agent on July 10, 2013. Drafted with the 17th overall selection in the 2004 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks, the former Oak Hill Academy product has averaged 15.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 2.0 blocks and 34.2 minutes in 781 career games (758 starts).

Should Raptosr go after him. I think they should not

Teams i think that will go after him- Kings and NYK
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    the fact that they couldn't even find a team willing to dump contracts to take him his pretty telling.
                    14m per year for this year and the next two: too expensive.

A non-guaranteed minimum, though? Smoove will have his choice of teams. So long as you can keep him from shooting the longball - and if there are better distance shooters on the team, which Detroit did not have, and give Smith the inside plays to make him happy, you might be able to do that - he's a vicious upgrade at power forward for a lot of teams, us included.

Comment

• Raptors have no cap space.. and a minimum bid will not win his rights. Only a few teams with cap space right now including: Atlanta, Utah, Phoenix, Orlando, Milwaukee and Philly.

Milwaukee could be a good fit.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        the fact that they couldn't even find a team willing to dump contracts to take him his pretty telling.
                        Well he's paid 14M$ this year and next 2 years...

We should at least look at it

Comment

• If the Raps could get him for relatively cheap and he bought into the team-first approach, he'd be a great PF. When he played hard inside during his early years with the Hawks, he was a force.

Whether he starts over Amir or provides an inside presence on the 2nd unit, either way it would mean no more Hansbrough!

I think he'll go chase a ring with a higher profile team.

Comment

• Jeremy Lin at 26 is a good target. Will be cheap and could either start or come off the bench. Upgrades defensively at PG/SG like him better than GV tbh

Comment

• few coaches could effectively reign him in.

not sure where he fits... adding him to that Sacremento locker room could cause things to go nuclear
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                If the Raps could get him for relatively cheap and he bought into the team-first approach, he'd be a great PF. When he played hard inside during his early years with the Hawks, he was a force.

Whether he starts over Amir or provides an inside presence on the 2nd unit, either way it would mean no more Hansbrough!

I think he'll go chase a ring with a higher profile team.
                                I vehemently...militantly...and in every way under the sun could not disagree with you more.

He is on the downside of what made him great...athleticism. he is shooting 40% from 2 50% from the free throw line and seems to be locker room poison

Comment

Working...
                                X