No announcement yet.

DeRozan Injury & Raptors Gameplan Without Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to say we're going to miss COMP10. Rudy & Boogie are gonna lay the smack on us.

Comment

• Hopefully Boogie is out lmao. But knowing our luck he'll be back for Raptors.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote:
        probably one of the most pathetic posts i've seen here in a while.
        Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Has anyone stated in a post they were happy DeRozan is injured? Absolutely not.

In fact if you go back to my post a few weeks ago where I stated it would be good to have DeRozan sit for about 5 games it was about seeing what Ross was all about TO RAISE ROSS' TRADE VALUE - that part was always left out of the criticism.

DeRozan goes out so all the posts are suppose to be how Raptors are lost in his absence? Please.

You can whine about how awful everything is or you can pick yourself up and seek to positives from a negative situation.

And people wonder where the idea of District of DeRozan came from?

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
          I wonder were all those people where that thought DD going down was a blessing in disguise?
          Both Ross and JV made huge, huge plays to send the game into overtime. You can't get that kind of experience in practice, or on the bench.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I like the idea of a JV/PP/JJ/TR/KL line-up as well.

I don't think I've ever seen that line-up on the floor though. Closest we've ever come to that was when PP was starting while Amir was injured.
            Love that lineup - even when DD gets back.

However, a lot of the Raps success will hinge on Lowry trusting teammates other than DD. Seems like Casey has given him Peyton Manning freedom to call plays as he sees fit. And I think it's starting to get beaten to death that Lowry needs to develop some PnR chemistry with JV and Amir. Either that, or play Lowry as the 2-guard and let GV run more PnRs when they're in the backcourt together. Lowry doesn't have to be involved in every single play.

Comment

• Maybe someone can confirm or disprove me. But doesn't it seem that defenses are daring guards to take it to the hole during PnR. Seems like they stick to roll guys and roll the dice with Lowry and GV finishing at the rim. Lowry is undersized and GV has no athleticism. So it's hard for them to finish. DD is not that good of a passer in traffic.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I like the idea of a JV/PP/JJ/TR/KL line-up as well.

I don't think I've ever seen that line-up on the floor though. Closest we've ever come to that was when PP was starting while Amir was injured.
                I agree with this line-up. Use this as our starting group, play Bruno at SF once in a while instead of using Fields, and we'll be fine.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Has anyone stated in a post they were happy DeRozan is injured? Absolutely not.

In fact if you go back to my post a few weeks ago where I stated it would be good to have DeRozan sit for about 5 games it was about seeing what Ross was all about TO RAISE ROSS' TRADE VALUE - that part was always left out of the criticism.

DeRozan goes out so all the posts are suppose to be how Raptors are lost in his absence? Please.

You can whine about how awful everything is or you can pick yourself up and seek to positives from a negative situation.

And people wonder where the idea of District of DeRozan came from?
                  I don't think 5 games would raise Ross' trade value very much.

Although 15-20 might if he keeps getting numbers like he did last night.

Comment

We had the 2nd best offence with DD on the floor. Do you think that it will become the number 1 offense without him?

DD attracts a lot of attention from opposing defenses when he gets the ball, as well as keeps defense honest when he's off the ball. One of the reasons why our starting line-up is so effective is that every one of our starters is a threat to score, without giving up anything defensively.

Without DD it will be a lot easier for teams to double Lowry and Ross, if JJ replaces him. Or teams can attack or post-up Lou Williams on the defensive end, if he replaces him. Can you imagine Lou Williams guarding the likes of Lebron or Joe Johnson on a switch?

I'm sure the team will be fine against the Lakers tonight, but a competent defensive team should be able to double-team the crap out of us or exploit mismatches. It reminds me of an interview I read with Mo Pete, years ago, when Vince was injured. Suddenly Mo P was getting all the doubles and ball pressure Vince had, because he was the only viable offensive option on the team at the time. Needless to say, it takes years of experience and skill development facing that kind defense to know what to do against it.
                    if you read any opposing teams game previews, they generally like to have derozan shooting as many shots as he can. the dude is shooting the toronto version of rudy gay numbers right now (just a smidgen above 38%). with that logic, i guess we should have kept rudy gay last year since he "attracts a lot of attention from opposing defenses when he gets the ball" too.

and do we actually have the 2nd best offense with DD on the floor? i thought it was our mighty bench that was actually doing the majority of the damage now. also what stat are you using to say we have the 2nd best? i hope its not PPG since its obvious the milwaukee game largely skews that figure, especially considering the small sample size.
                    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Dec 1, 2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      if you read any opposing teams game previews, they generally like to have derozan shooting as many shots as he can. the dude is shooting the toronto version of rudy gay numbers right now (just a smidgen above 38%). with that logic, i guess we should have kept rudy gay last year since he "attracts a lot of attention from opposing defenses when he gets the ball" too.

and do we actually have the 2nd best offense with DD on the floor? i thought it was our mighty bench that was actually doing the majority of the damage now. also what stat are you using to say we have the 2nd best? i hope its not PPG since its obvious the milwaukee game largely skews that figure, especially considering the small sample size.
                      He was using John Hollinger oRTG.

Comment

• Going forward, Casey will likely plug in different players into the starting SG spot depending on match up's. I would like to see Lou start a couple of games next to Lowry to see how they play off each other. Would have to be against small starting back courts though.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully Boogie is out lmao. But knowing our luck he'll be back for Raptors.
                          We are depending on boogie being out to beat these Sacramento queens. Man! We are the number 1 team in the eastern conference...

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            We are depending on boogie being out to beat these Sacramento queens. Man! We are the number 1 team in the eastern conference...
                            You do realize being first in the east at this point is kind of like being the tallest midget at the dwarf convention? And our leading scorer is hurt on the road and these queens are above .500 in the ridiculous west?

Yeah, we're in tough
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              You do realize being first in the east at this point is kind of like being the tallest midget at the dwarf convention? And our leading scorer is hurt on the road and these queens are above .500 in the ridiculous west?

Yeah, we're in tough
                              This is kinda my point in the post....I guess that was a bad at attempt at sarcasm.

Comment

• Hey, DeMar!

Comment

Working...
                                X