Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They keep coming ...
    We have a Margot Robbie / Harley Quinn sighting, and its pretty awesome.

I'm satisfied.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun May 3, 2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Deadshot:

Last edited by Joey; Sun May 3, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, I clicked on this link thinking it meant "Dwane Casey's Suicide Squad or tank/rebuild squad" or it was about the Wizards winning Game 1 vs ATL.

Comment

• I admit, I knew nothing about Suicide Squad until all the posts on social media lately.

Like the idea, still worry about the execution. Superhero movies are very hit or miss, but there seems to be a fair bit of hype on this one; so hopefully it is warranted.

Look forward to learning more about it.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I rarely watch superhero movies, but might give this one a chance.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I admit, I knew nothing about Suicide Squad until all the posts on social media lately.

Like the idea, still worry about the execution. Superhero movies are very hit or miss, but there seems to be a fair bit of hype on this one; so hopefully it is warranted.

Look forward to learning more about it.
              I'm trying to figure out if the "hype" is mainly due to the fact that its being filmed here in Toronto and therefore the Canadian Media is a little more aware of it...

I do really like how they've managed to seemingly ground the 'villains' in more realistic contexts... namely Killer Croc not looking like a giant anthropromorphic Crocodile. Lol

007 wrote: View Post
              I rarely watch superhero movies, but might give this one a chance.
              Its because they're anti-heroes. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                What does Scarlett Johansson even do? Besides be the butt of the movie.
                I actually think her fight scenes are the best in the movie. The rest are all just CGI super-powers, but she has real fight scenes. Adds a nice human element to all the battles. (One of the reasons I feel that the Transformers movies were crap - well that and Michael Bay).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if the "hype" is mainly due to the fact that its being filmed here in Toronto and therefore the Canadian Media is a little more aware of it...

I do really like how they've managed to seemingly ground the 'villains' in more realistic contexts... namely Killer Croc not looking like a giant anthropromorphic Crocodile. Lol
                  I dunno, I don't live in Toronto, nor to most of my social media peeps, but I do have lots of comic book fans.

I didn't mind the Spiderman version of Killer Croc in Amazing Spiderman (was a good movie but the sequel was awful), but it would be different if he was that way the entire movie.

I don't know all the DC characters as well (other than Batman, don't really pay attention to DC) as many Marvel counterparts, but since most of the characters are simply recycled and reused in multiple movies, will be nice to see some new faces.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I didn't mind the Spiderman version of Killer Croc in Amazing Spiderman (was a good movie but the sequel was awful), but it would be different if he was that way the entire movie.

I don't know all the DC characters as well (other than Batman, don't really pay attention to DC) as many Marvel counterparts, but since most of the characters are simply recycled and reused in multiple movies, will be nice to see some new faces.
                    That was actually "The Lizard" in Spiderman, but to be fair, its hilarious how Marvel and DC all have the exact same characters, just different names.

The funniest of them being Deathstroke and Deadpool.
                    Deathstroke has been around since the 80's, and his real name is Slade Wilson.
                    Deadpool came along in the early 90s, as an obvious rip-off of Deathstroke, and his name is Wade Wilson.

And ya, I really like how DC is bringing out some of their lesser known villains. Suicide Squad is a great vehicle to introduce low end Baddies, while still letting us get to know them, and even get attached to them as characters.

Comment

That was actually "The Lizard" in Spiderman, but to be fair, its hilarious how Marvel and DC all have the exact same characters, just different names.

The funniest of them being Deathstroke and Deadpool.
                      Deathstroke has been around since the 80's, and his real name is Slade Wilson.
                      Deadpool came along in the early 90s, as an obvious rip-off of Deathstroke, and his name is Wade Wilson.

And ya, I really like how DC is bringing out some of their lesser known villains. Suicide Squad is a great vehicle to introduce low end Baddies, while still letting us get to know them, and even get attached to them as characters.
                      True you are. Croc/Lizard, whatever, didn't mind his cgi costume in ASM.

I constantly get Deathstroke and Deadpool confused in my mind. Then I try to remember that one is in Arkham City on PS3 and the other is Ryan Reynolds lol. Having Will Smith play Deathstroke should help a bit, due to his popularity as an actor and in part, his race stands out as comics are fairly "white").

I think that sometimes Execs forget that what is most popular as a comic, doesn't mean it is best suited for a movie. Different mediums and success in one, doesn't guarantee anything for the other. Hopefully we can stop getting crap with big names pumped out and finally get to see some good characters who simply happen to have some sort of "ability" in a good story.

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LOL What are you trying to say ceez?!

Comment

LOL What are you trying to say ceez?!
                            That Ceez is dressing up as Harley Quinn for Halloween....

Comment

• i'm saying it looks terrible
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                i'm saying it looks terrible
                                Meh, I like that they're not all wearing super-outfits or whatever.
                                DC has really seperated themselves from the Marvel Universe, and I'm pretty happy with the direction they've chosen.

How Wonder Woman and her golden Laso, or Green Lantern and his Ring, or Aquaman and his fish, incorporates into the whole thing I have NO idea though.

Comment

Working...
                                X