Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just move Atlanta to Seattle or Vancouver please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just move Atlanta to Seattle or Vancouver please.

Looooool this is just sad.
    Atlanta has an NBA team and doesn't even care and the fans in Seattle are dieing for another chance smh
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

kinda interesting that nba and turner are based out of Atlanta. totally agree good team that deserves better support.

Comment

Move Atlanta to Seattle, and put Memphis in the Eastern Conference in their place.....Seattle into the northwest division, move OKC into the southwest division, and Memphis moves over into the Southeast division

Comment

The really crazy thing about that picture is it is the LOWER BOWL.

I'd say only the rodents are strolling the upper bowl.

Comment

I don't remember Seattle having such great attendance either though. I know they are all hot to have a team now, but I do question their long term sustainability.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd like a Vancouver NBA return.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I don't remember Seattle having such great attendance either though. I know they are all hot to have a team now, but I do question their long term sustainability.
                More than Atlanta though? I honestly don't remember if Seattle attendance was good or bad, but I can't imagine it was as bad as Atlanta.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  More than Atlanta though? I honestly don't remember if Seattle attendance was good or bad, but I can't imagine it was as bad as Atlanta.
                  Atlanta is currently 22nd in per game attendance.

23 Pacers
                  24 Suns
                  25 Pelicans
                  26 Nuggets
                  27 Timberwolves
                  28 Bucks
                  29 76ers
                  30 Pistons

They finished 28th last year, 26th in 2013, 23rd in 2012 and 22nd in 2011.

So they aren't a powerhouse, but it's not like they are really as bad as the picture shows.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Atlanta is currently 22nd in per game attendance.

23 Pacers
                    24 Suns
                    25 Pelicans
                    26 Nuggets
                    27 Timberwolves
                    28 Bucks
                    29 76ers
                    30 Pistons

They finished 28th last year, 26th in 2013, 23rd in 2012 and 22nd in 2011.

So they aren't a powerhouse, but it's not like they are really as bad as the picture shows.
                    The thing about attendance is knowing what they're actually counting....often it's not literally attendance, but something like tix distributed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      The thing about attendance is knowing what they're actually counting....often it's not literally attendance, but something like tix distributed
                      Very true. This data was from ESPN fwiw. Point is though, I think this pic is a funny exaggeration and that the Hawks aren't nearly as bad in attendance as say the NHL Florida Panthers or Coyotes (these are the worst attended teams I can think of).

It's also possible that the pic was taken when Atlanta had that huge snow storm (2 yrs ago?) or some other strange circumstance.

Comment

Very true. This data was from ESPN fwiw. Point is though, I think this pic is a funny exaggeration and that the Hawks aren't nearly as bad in attendance as say the NHL Florida Panthers or Coyotes (these are the worst attended teams I can think of).

It's also possible that the pic was taken when Atlanta had that huge snow storm (2 yrs ago?) or some other strange circumstance.
                        Game was Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014.

Espn boxscore puts attendance at 12,705.

Comment

Seattle had terrible attendance:

2008 (Last year): 28th (ATL 20th)
                          2007: 25th (ATL 26th)
                          2006: 23rd
                          2005: 21st
                          2004: 23rd
                          2003: 20th
                          2002: 21st
                          2001: 17th
                          2000: 21st

So one appearance in the top 20 in attendance since the turn of the century. Zero appearances in the top half of the league. The last time they were in the top half of the league was the last lockout (the 50 games one in 1998-99). I didn't even bother going back far enough to see when they last ranked top 10.

Mediocre fanbase. Don't need a team, don't really deserve one.

Classic case of you don't know what you have till it's gone.

Comment

Part of the problem not alluded to here is that NBA tickets are so overpriced.

Comment

Working...
                            X