ESPN Playoff Predictor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Playoff Predictor

I just found this hilarious, i tried the ESPN playoff predictor, using all the seedings, and not once did the raptors upset the cavs. all the other underdogs in the other series were able to upset the favored team at least once, but not the raps. hahahaha

try it - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/predictions

This is BS. The raptors have a much better chance of beating the Cavs than the 3% it is showing... I would say 80-20 is more logical.

Historically, raps have been really good against the Cavs in the past 4-5 years. I think Cavs and Orlando is our best match up from the top 4 teams in the east.
    Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

I thought 3 percent was high. If they played the series 100 times, Lebron probably gets appendicitis once, breaks his wrist dunking too hard once and gets kidnapped Celtic pride style once.

I'm not sure what history you have been following, but Lebron owns the raps. We've squeaked out a couple wins when he's put triple doubles before, but that was before they added faded stars Shaq and Jamison to solidify thier front line and nullify our only advantage.

If the raps win a game, it will be considered a mini miracle.

Comment

ha, they had portland making it all the way to the west finals against dallas and orlando vs. cleveland and then dallas vs. orlando with orlando winning it all.

the finals match up is a definite probable match up but, i don't think portland is going to beat the lakers which in this they beat lakers and jazz. portland had a 9% chance of beating the lakers they did it, had a 21% chance beating jazz they did it.

it's possible but i mean c'mon 9 and then 21% c' mon.

raptors=4% shot at beating cleveland i think it's a bit higher.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

oh, go figure it's hollinger he has the magic winning it all against the thunder. the thunder won't make it very far because of inexperience and orlando can't make it with wince.

i put us in 7th against orlando are odds increase to 6% bahahaha.

put us against miami as 5th seed and we have 16% chance when do we actually get a good chance?
          Last edited by LBF; Mon Apr 5, 2010, 12:59 PM.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

hahaha glad you all liked the predictor.

honestly, i dont really know who's a good match up for the raps. they cant defend the perimeter, theyre a liability on rebounding and an easy target for dribble penetration.

unless they shoot 70% through the whole series, then only then theyll have a chance to advance. the cavs would be a decent match up since they dont have spot up shooters, but lebron is gonna kill them with drives and shaq will probably get 20pts with his inside scoring.

Comment

Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anthony Parker, Booby Gibson.....all spot up shooters

Everyone gets all caught in up in the near losses to the Cavs where Bron was more motivated about the ensuing Jay-Z concert than the game itself.

Comment

I tried making custom seeds. I put all the worst teams in the East there. The Raptors never made it to the conference finals once. Detroit, or New York always beat them before they made it that far. Chicago usually won the East.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  i put us in 7th against orlando are odds increase to 6% bahahaha.

put us against miami as 5th seed and we have 16% chance when do we actually get a good chance?
                  When we get a better team. I am assuming that there is some considerable preference given to defensive minded teams since their is a huge correlation with defensive toughness and winning playoff series...
                  When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                    When we get a better team. I am assuming that there is some considerable preference given to defensive minded teams since their is a huge correlation with defensive toughness and winning playoff series...
                    i'm ghoing to try us as the 1st seed and like new jersey as the 8th and see if we win.

Comment

Working...
                    X