Is Lowry a superstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lowry a superstar?

Don't mean to be reactionary, but my word this dude is crazy.

Seriously who in the east besides LeBron can you say is actually clear-cut better than him at basketball?

As close as we have to one!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

Seriously who in the east besides LeBron can you say is actually clear-cut better than him at basketball?
      Right now, you could make a strong case that no one is. But that also tells you how straight up UGLY the east is.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

Melo? Paul George?

Way too early too call Lowry a superstar. Right now he's an all-star caliber type of player.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Melo? Paul George?

Way too early too call Lowry a superstar. Right now he's an all-star caliber type of player.
          Is melo really a superstar tho? Can't carry a team on offence, can't play defence. Isn't much of a leader. Not so sure about him anymore...

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
            Is melo really a superstar tho? Can't carry a team on offence, can't play defence. Isn't much of a leader. Not so sure about him anymore...
            skill wise fantastic, depends on what makes the superstar. if it is money to the team, he is for sure. personal stats, yes. fit with team, team player etc. nope.

Comment

It depends on your definition of "superstar". I think there are maybe just 3 players in the NBA that would be agreed upon superstars by everyone (LeBron, Durant, Davis).

With that said, I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind that Lowry isn't a number 1 guy.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Lowry is great. He should be the number one option even when derozans healthy.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                  Yes he can, are you crazy? You give Melo a supporting cast as good as Lowry has here and he'd be insane.

But I don't think Lowry is quite there. LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry, Paul, and a couple of others. But Lowry's on the next tier if he keeps playing this well.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Yes he can, are you crazy? You give Melo a supporting cast as good as Lowry has here and he'd be insane.

But I don't think Lowry is quite there. LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry, Paul, and a couple of others. But Lowry's on the next tier if he keeps playing this well.

i think melo would take away from lowry. give melo rondo. melo with the ball at all times is bad offense.

i think that legit superstars are lebron, durant and paul. unfortunately paul is injured too much. davis keeps it up and he is there. best in league might go from lebron to davis and skip durant all together. davis is so so sick.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i think melo would take away from lowry. give melo rondo. melo with the ball at all times is bad offense.

i think that legit superstars are lebron, durant and paul. unfortunately paul is injured too much. davis keeps it up and he is there. best in league might go from lebron to davis and skip durant all together. davis is so so sick.
                      I'd put Curry on that list too. And obviously Duncan, Nowitzki, and Kobe. Can't forget about them.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post

Check his history. He's had some VERY good supporting casts. Has never made much noise.

I'm not saying the dude's not offensively talented, I'm just saying he's not the superstar everyone thought he was when he was drafted.

Comment

Question then: on how many teams in the league KL wouldn't be the #1 guy? Like if you add him to the roster, where wouldn't he own the team?

You have to get rid of the ego parameter (that's for you, Melo!) and assume the coaching staff dictates what's best for the team.

Comment

Lowry's first career all-star appearance will be as a starter

Comment

Kyle doesn't have along enough sustained period of excellence to call him a superstar. Very very good player, yes. Leader of the Raptors, yes. Elite point guard numbers, close to yes. Will to win, in spades.

His play this year should ensure he gets the nod for all-star. But there is still quite a step from all-star to Super Star. But he belongs in the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X