Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I guess we're honoring Bosh too?
    Of course. Bargnani too.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        We should have a All-Time Raptors bigs honour night.
        Pops, Pape Sow, Loren Woods, Solomon Alabi and The Original Primo: Primoz Brezec.
        How could you have forgotten Patrick O'Bryant and his untucked shirt fashion statements?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          We should honor Antwain Jameson and Roy Hibbert. Dr. J came to the ACC once too. Isiah Thomas. Raptors have an impressive history
          Isaiah Thomas got a round of applause at the Raptors preseason game in Vancouver.

I was SOOOOOO pissed.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            We should have a All-Time Raptors bigs honour night.
            Pops, Pape Sow, Loren Woods, Solomon Alabi and The Original Primo: Primoz Brezec.
            Then we'll have the failed Colangelo SF night; Kapono, Moon, Weems, Kleiza, etc.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Then we'll have the failed Colangelo SF night; Kapono, Moon, Weems, Kleiza, etc.
              Could even have a Brazilian/South American raptor night, honouring our best:

PG Greivis
              SG Barbosa
              SF Bruno
              PF Hoffa!
              C Bebe
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

This a slap in the face to any player who wanted to remain with team & couldn't. It cheapens the meaning of "honour". It turns gold medals into participation ribbons, it's so putrid. If I were there, I'd boo lustily until I went hoarse or lost consciousness.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  Isaiah Thomas got a round of applause at the Raptors preseason game in Vancouver.

I was SOOOOOO pissed.
                  Why? He played a major part in bringing an NBA team here in Toronto, Canada. He may not be Masai in terms of GM skills, but he has a great eye for talent: Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady. And he didn't do to the Raptors what he did to the Knicks.

Comment

I think the only active player who deserves to be honoured is VC, and the Raptors successfully did. So no the Raptors shouldn't honour Bargs, Jose, Rupaul, etc. this season. Jalen Rose and TMac are already retired so I think it's fair that they honour them. It's called marketing. This is good for a young franchise, who's best performance ever is yet to come. I'm still waiting for them to honour Damon Stoudemire, the team's first star.

We are very blessed to still have a team here and honour players who played for this team. Look at the Seattle and OKC situation with Gary Payton. Though the Thunder were the original Supersonics, they can't get GP's Jersey retired as they stole the team from Seattle, and GP represents Seattle.

Comment

this is just about being honored and acknowledged for their time as Raptors players. Nobody got their jerseys retired that's ultimate honor and we didn't do that so take it easy. It's just Friday night acknowledgement.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

McGrady caused us to lose to the Cavaliers.

Comment

the oliver miller smorgasbord value pack coming up in a couple weeks.

i didn't see the mcgrady bit. did he get an ovation? i hope not. i understand vince's (i wouldn't have stood) but mcgrady really did nothing.

Comment

Where's JYD in all this??? He contributed to the franchise, even off the court during his retirement. Public Relations, if I'm not mistaken.
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Plus a huge fan fave.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Forget JYD, why are we not honouring Alvin Williams? This guy literally lives and dies for the Raptors.....he used to lay his heart on the line every time he played. Loved his effort!!

Comment

Working...
                                X