Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota

I just think we could really do a trade that would be worth it with that team.

Here are the guys that are worth a look:

1. Thaddeus Young 2. Kevin Martin 3. Corey Brewer 4. Gorgui Dieng 5. Nikola Pekovic

1st trade idea:

Landry Fields and Tyler Hansbrough for Thaddeus Young. I guess other pieces could be involved, but Raptors would do it to get more talented at the 3 and the 4 spot, while the Wolves would do it to save 9M$ next season.

2nd trade idea:

Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough and Lou Williams for Thaddeus Young and Kevin Martin. Minnesota would do it to same 15M$. We would do it to get better at the 3 and 4 spot, while getting a 20PPG player to be our backup SG for the next 2 years and a half (pretty much with the same contract we would have brought Lou back).

3rd trade idea:

Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Terrence Ross and Lou Williams for Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Corey Brewer and Gorgui Dieng. Raps improve at the 3 and 4 spot and at the backup 2, plus they now have their legit backup C in Dieng. As for the Wolves, they save 15 M$ at the end of the season and they are getting a promising SG that could fit in really well with the core of Rubio, Wiggins, Bennett and Pekovic.

*This one could work out without involving Lou Williams and Kevin Martin but I'm not sure the Wolves would do it if not so let's propose them in the trade.

4th trade idea:

Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Terrence Ross, Lou Williams, Jonas Valanciunas and Chuck Hayes for Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Corey Brewer, Gorgui Dieng and Nikola Pekovic. Raps do it to get better at the 5, 4, 3 and 2 spot, while Minnesota do it to clear about 20M$ at the end of the season while getting 2 promising starters in the names of Ross and Valanciunas.

All these trade ideas could be done differently, but those are pretty much the 4 ideas I'd like you guys to discuss about.

Which one do you think is better? Is there a possibility that one of those comes to reality? Do you think those ideas are crazy?

Thank you very much!

Thaddeus Young is worth more than any combination of scrubs. I'd wager that any serious trade for Young starts with Ross (would fill Brewer's role), likely includes a first rounder and then some salary matching scrubs.

I don't think he's worth the price though.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

And no, you wouldn't get any other rotations players or first rounders included by Minnesota.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Thaddeus Young is worth more than any combination of scrubs. I'd wager that any serious trade for Young starts with Ross (would fill Brewer's role), likely includes a first rounder and then some salary matching scrubs.

I don't think he's worth the price though.
        Young was traded for a late first rounder and filler.

Comment

Yes he's probably worth more. But could the Wolves get better?

In this league, money means a lot. IMO the 3rd trade could be a possibility.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Young was traded for a late first rounder and filler.
            By a Philly team in a desperate fire sale to remove any player that might hurt their chances in the draft lottery. Not exactly the same scenario.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Yes he's probably worth more. But could the Wolves get better?

In this league, money means a lot. IMO the 3rd trade could be a possibility.
              Better than a bunch of expirings and Ross? Probably. It really depends on whether Minnesota is trying to cut costs or improve their team. Young is a good player to help steady the ship with some young players learning the game. He plays a valuable role to them and is young enough to still be valuable once their prospects develop.

If Minny wants to go into to cost cutting mode, typically the type of owner directive that gets out into the media and there hasn't been any reason to think this will happen, then yes, #3 is the closest possible scenario but still a long shot.

Comment

Corey Brewer is the player to pry away from the Twolves.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Corey Brewer is the player to pry away from the Twolves.
                  I like Brewer but unless you are moving one of our rotation players for him (and I think Ross would best fit Minnesota's desired return - but that is an overpay) I don't see where he would get minutes.

Barring moving one of these guys, how does Brewer bump:

JJ from the defensive wing role - and frankly JJ is better suited due to his size

Lou from a bench scoring role

GV from a combo role of passer/scorer

Ross from the starting lineup as floor spreader

Without one of these guys getting traded, don't see the value in trading for Brewer. And no, I wouldn't move Ross for Brewer.

Comment

I would definately stay away from Pekovic -- no defense, overrated on offense, injury prone and being paid way too much for too long.
                    You are trading a gem on a rookie contract for Pekovic? Forget about number 4 sorry lol

1st trade Minny wouldnt do -- they gave up Cavs first rounder for this guy in the offseason, why would they flip him for expirings? They obviously want this guy or teams would give up more to get him than us.

2nd trade i like, but again, I think Minny would be skeptical to hand over Young for expirings. Minny would do this purely for salary reasons, but still Young is a talented player and Martin is a great bench player to have.

I think it would come down to:

Lou Will, Hansbrough, Ross, Fields for Kevin Martin, T. Young, Brewer.
                    Thats fair for both sides I think. Minny loses salary and gains a young athletic piece to fit with their core.

Raptors have:

Lowry, Vasquez
                    Derozan, K-Mart
                    Brewer, JJ, Bruno
                    Young, 2Pat
                    JV, Amir, Hayes, Bebe

Cut Steisma...
                    is that a squad fulla killaz or nahh

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                      I would definately stay away from Pekovic -- no defense, overrated on offense, injury prone and being paid way too much for too long.
                      You are trading a gem on a rookie contract for Pekovic? Forget about number 4 sorry lol

1st trade Minny wouldnt do -- they gave up Cavs first rounder for this guy in the offseason, why would they flip him for expirings? They obviously want this guy or teams would give up more to get him than us.

2nd trade i like, but again, I think Minny would be skeptical to hand over Young for expirings. Minny would do this purely for salary reasons, but still Young is a talented player and Martin is a great bench player to have.

I think it would come down to:

Lou Will, Hansbrough, Ross, Fields for Kevin Martin, T. Young, Brewer.
                      Thats fair for both sides I think. Minny loses salary and gains a young athletic piece to fit with their core.

Raptors have:

Lowry, Vasquez
                      Derozan, K-Mart
                      Brewer, JJ, Bruno
                      Young, 2Pat
                      JV, Amir, Hayes, Bebe

Cut Steisma...
                      is that a squad fulla killaz or nahh

I would love to see corey brewer at Sf starting spot for Raptors... he cuts pretty often unlike Ross
                      and I think Corey Brewer too would do better as a SG, but I think he would still be much better than Ross at SF

Comment

Corey Brewer is 16 % from three this season.

As much as you guys don't like Ross, he provides crucial floor spacing. His man can never collapse in on a guard driving, otherwise Ross will have an open three. You REALLY underrate that. Among starters Ross is the only legit threat from three (Amir is the only other starter shooting over 40% but he takes less than 1 attempt per game). I dislike watching him stand around the line all game a lot, but it makes sense for spacing reasons i guess. Still want to see more out of him though.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Corey Brewer is 16 % from three this season.

As much as you guys don't like Ross, he provides crucial floor spacing. His man can never collapse in on a guard driving, otherwise Ross will have an open three. You REALLY underrate that. Among starters Ross is the only legit threat from three (Amir is the only other starter shooting over 40% but he takes less than 1 attempt per game). I dislike watching him stand around the line all game a lot, but it makes sense for spacing reasons i guess. Still want to see more out of him though.
                          You put up a good point. Plus K-Mart would want to start.

So I guess it would be:

Lowry, Vasquez
                          Derozan, Brewer
                          Kevin Martin, J. Johnson, Bruno
                          Young, Patterson
                          JV, Amir, Hayes, Bebe

Where is that lineup weak?
                          I don't think we can keep Amir as a backup C tho, he will command too high of a salary.

Comment

I don't think any of these trades would happen.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                            X