No announcement yet.

Game #21: Denver Nuggets 107 - Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was gonna watch the game since I missed it but it seems it was the same old same old with this team so I'll save myself the stress lol. We have no hope tomorrow.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• loved Jonas effort tonight guys. Dude had only two retarded plays and couple pnr D mess ups.

Like I said before, I want aggressive Jonas. Have you seen tonight screens from him? Communication with ball-handler and correctly set STRONG SCREEN is almost guaranteed points.

Comment

• Honestly, I think Jonas just gets caught out of position too many times that it contributes greatly to an opposition score. He just looks like he's one step behind when reacting & that's so crucial esp in the 4th qtr. He has the physical attributes but I can see why he gets benched. Let's just say if he had the IQ of Patterson or Amir, with his size, length & skill, we have an All Star. Then again, he's only 22, so I'm confident that with time, he will get better.

Remember that ghost defense Colangelo published? I'd be curious to see if there is a stat that captures the variance between where he is on the court & where he should be. Jonas just gets out positioned by more savvy centres but he feasts on the young ones (who struggle in the same way as he does in terms of positioning). This shows he has talent, just lacks the experience & the savvy-ness. The day he gets "it" consistently, he will beast on everyone. Until then, he's not going to see plenty of 4th qtr minutes; not when DC can put more savvy defenders in Amir, PP & JJ; esp not when we're competing for the top seed.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Seriously when will Casey stop starting Vasquez? ??????

This guy is fucking atrocious
          - No defense
          - Random pull up 3's

Why the hell is he still playing???
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mack11 wrote: View Post
            seriously when will casey stop starting vasquez? ??????

This guy is fucking atrocious
            - no defense
            - random pull up 3's

why the hell is he still playing???
            lmao
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Nevermind JV getting benched. He's always getting benched. But that TO that resulted in us losing the possession. Brutal Casey.
              Casey saw a crunch time possession with 5 seconds left on the shot clock from the baseline, a difficult to inbound position. 90% of coaches would've called a timeout there, come on.

Also since there was that HUGE discussion about DeRozan not getting back on defence a couple of times he thought he got fouled/got injured, what about the possession this game where Lowry didn't even try and get back on defence just because he missed an open lay up

Comment

• I did notice a play where a guard (or Ross) got the defensive board, and immediately started running up the court with the other three guys. JV pretty much didn't bother with the play and just walked back to half court. By the time he got there the Raptors were already playing 4 on 5 and Kyle Lowry got to the line.

It's not the end of the world, but it always bugs me when dudes just decide not to bother.

Comment

• dwayne casey should never touch a clipboard when a play is being drawn up
                  why the fuck else did we bring in nick nurse?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Seriously when will Casey stop starting Vasquez?

- No defense
                    - Random pull up 3's
                    His stat line was pretty good in this game: 4-9 from the field for 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 33 minutes. The main thing I see is that he always seems to be a step behind his defender, oftentimes trailing the play. Surely that can be improved with better technique and anticipation? It's not just about speed.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Casey saw a crunch time possession with 5 seconds left on the shot clock from the baseline, a difficult to inbound position. 90% of coaches would've called a timeout there, come on.

Also since there was that HUGE discussion about DeRozan not getting back on defence a couple of times he thought he got fouled/got injured, what about the possession this game where Lowry didn't even try and get back on defence just because he missed an open lay up
                      Saw that, Lowry literally looked up and stood at the baseline for a couple seconds, which is usually the entire play in basketball time.

I have to say, there were some frustrating misses, as if someone was controlling every shot from above.

Basketball gods eventually put us over the top, though.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                        His stat line was pretty good in this game: 4-9 from the field for 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 33 minutes. The main thing I see is that he always seems to be a step behind his defender, oftentimes trailing the play. Surely that can be improved with better technique and anticipation? It's not just about speed.
                        I agree with his comment, however, considering the defence has dropped off significantly since DeMar's injury. I think Johnson makes so much more sense than Vasquez on the opening line-up. Adding size, but versatility, defence and energy from the jump. Vasquez is so streaky and stint-y of a player, that he's so much better suited off the bench with Lou. Not to mention he's not a good defender.

I think Greivis/Lou/Patterson/Hansbrough makes a whole lot more sense in my honest opinion. For example, tomorrow against Cleveland, I sure as hell am not starting Vasquez.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I've never seen a single play executed in game deciding situations lol always fucking iso and usually ends up either us losing in regulation or losing in OT. Today was an anomaly

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            I agree with his comment, however, considering the defence has dropped off significantly since DeMar's injury. I think Johnson makes so much more sense than Vasquez on the opening line-up. Adding size, but versatility, defence and energy from the jump. Vasquez is so streaky and stint-y of a player, that he's so much better suited off the bench with Lou. Not to mention he's not a good defender.

I think Greivis/Lou/Patterson/Hansbrough makes a whole lot more sense in my honest opinion. For example, tomorrow against Cleveland, I sure as hell am not starting Vasquez.
                            I'd prefer Johnson starting at the 3, myself. But we both know Casey don't play dat

Comment

• I always thought that Casey was starting Vasquez because the Raptors rank in the lower quarter of NBA teams in assists. With DeMar out and all those extra shots to go around for players that have a hard time creating for themselves, and no other ball handlers other than Lowry, you sort of need another PG out there to help create ball movement and help out with distribution.

You move Ross to the SG and James Johnson to SF with Amir and JV, and teams just have to get the ball out of Lowry's hands via a trap/double team and where does the offence go? Ross doesn't have the vision/passing ability or handles to create consistently.

Comment

• Win is a win. On to the next one.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X