Happy Tradaversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To recap:

Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy, Aaron Gray= Vasquez, Patrick Patterson, Chuck Hayes, Lou Williams + Bebe (via the Salmons trade).

Pretty sweet haul.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Yeah, there's no way ujiri just had "tank" in mind. He saw the addition by subtraction in trading iso gay, and theres no bringing back all those quality pieces (above average backup pg, above average backup big) would have made us a lot worse.
      failed lowry deal right after

Comment

It worked both ways imo. Rudy Gay fits Sacramento well and can still be the go-to-guy that he was in Memphis while having a dominant centre being the primary offense. And of course, the Raptors gained an entire bench.

What's more memorable though is that Open Gym suddenly went viral, esp the part where Aaron Grey and Quincy Acy were crying (or almost crying) and saying goodbye to the team. I remember one of the top comments on that video/article was that the video touched him so much that he regrets trading players in 2K. LOOOL.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, there's no way ujiri just had "tank" in mind. He saw the addition by subtraction in trading iso gay, and theres no bringing back all those quality pieces (above average backup pg, above average backup big) would have made us a lot worse.
            Jeff Weltman already proved that Masai indeed had tanking on his mind following the Gay trade. Hence why Lowry was still being shopped.

Comment

When I first heard of this deal, I was pissed we didn't get any picks thrown in....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Jeff Weltman already proved that Masai indeed had tanking on his mind following the Gay trade. Hence why Lowry was still being shopped.
                Who the fuck is Jeff weltman? Is that another name for masai ujiris brain? If not, I'll remain with my stance on things.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Who the fuck is Jeff weltman? Is that another name for masai ujiris brain? If not, I'll remain with my stance on things.
                  I think that's what he calls his member.

Or his assistant GM...I'm always confusing the two
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle22000710/

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      I think that's what he calls his member.

Or his assistant GM...I'm always confusing the two
                      ...and Weltman was of course holding back...for obvious reasons. Glen Grunwald (why dont MLSE have a honour day for him for doing the Bargs trade) recently in an interview also mentioned that he believed Dolan got cold feet on the deal because of previous transactions with Masai. This guy was Dolan's right hand man in NY so should know Dolan's psyche (GG wasn't there when all this went down though...but why would he make this up).

The truth is as MU himself keeps saying...."we got lucky"...and I am very glad. Some people still fighting old battles.

Comment

Lol, that's some serious denial, my friend.

Comment

What was the anniversary of the Bargnani trade? That seemed to be the 1st domino to fall.

We spent years arguing both here, and on the main page, that this team cannot win games with Bargnani and Calderon playing heavy minutes. Low and behold, the first full season they're gone, we win the division. lol.
                          We actually did the exact same thing with them on the team as well.. :S

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            We actually did the exact same thing with them on the team as well.. :S
                            That was 100% because of Jamario Moon....

Comment

That was 100% because of Jamario Moon....
                              Amen. Glory be to Moon.

PS. Looked who got "Mooned" in this picture.

Comment

lol, why is Moon not looking at the basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X