Game #22: Toronto Raptors 101 - Cleveland Cavaliers 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• themasao wrote: View Post
    Are we sure that is Ross's real twitter? I thought he was tdotflight31 or some dumb shit
    His twitter is that not his Instagram
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Honestly, I don't have a problem with Ross at all tonight. He had a solid game except for the turnovers, and those are part of the learning process.

I don't mind losing a few games if it means Val and Ross are a bigger part of the game.
      Exactly, this is a "good" loss, if you can call it that. Ross is getting badly needed development reps that went to Salmons last year and Alan Anderson the year before. The type of development reps that DD was gifted under Jay Triano, that Casey is now reaping the benefits of.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Creating off the dribble is not Ross' strength, so you shouldn't be making him do something he's not proficient at in crunch time with the game on the line. On the other hand, not getting the ball into Jonas in the 4th quarter when he's having a great game is inexcusable. I mean, if Matthew Dela-whateva can toss of perfect alley oop lob passes to Tristan Thompson, surely one of Lowry, Vasquez or Lou Will can get some touches into JV and put some pressure on the basket. Even if the refs are against us, you can't make it even easier for them.
        Give the Cavs some credit too though ... they were bullying ALL our guards and getting away with it. Not just Ross.

Creating off the dribble and passing definitely isn't his strength (trust me, I've been complaining and shoving stats in people's faces all week about it) but he actually impressed me in the first quarter.

The lack of JV and Amir touches in the fourth? I think all our guards were getting having trouble getting the ball to them, and the few times they did, the refs stopped the play with some bullshit fouls. It was ridiculous. I don't think the lack of JV touches was intentional at all.

Comment

• Can we seriously stop with the moral victories?

Comment

• Tristan Thompson killed us on the boards both games. He was the x-factor imo; he may not have gotten every offensive board, but his presence alone allowed for other Cavs to get it

Fuck him and his ugly ass form

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
              Tristan Thompson killed us on the boards both games. He was the x-factor imo; he may not have gotten every offensive board, but his presence alone allowed for other Cavs to get it
              It's pretty easy to get boards when you set up a camp site in the paint

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                It's pretty easy to get boards when you set up a camp site in the paint
                This.

For some reason 3 second violations don't count if you play with Lebron James.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Give the Cavs some credit too though ... they were bullying ALL our guards and getting away with it. Not just Ross.

Creating off the dribble and passing definitely isn't his strength (trust me, I've been complaining and shoving stats in people's faces all week about it) but he actually impressed me in the first quarter.

The lack of JV and Amir touches in the fourth? I think all our guards were getting having trouble getting the ball to them, and the few times they did, the refs stopped the play with some bullshit fouls. It was ridiculous. I don't think the lack of JV touches was intentional at all.
                    Huh? Our whole offense is predicated on lack of touches to JV and Amir. Guards are hovering around 28% usg, a whopping 10% higher than anybody else. Nothing new here, really.

Comment

• Btw, i know they lost and i know the Cavs scored 105 but this is probably the best defensive performance i've seen this team play in like forever. Vasquez only played 13 mins, coincidence?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Btw, i know they lost and i know the Cavs scored 105 but this is probably the best defensive performance i've seen this team play in like forever. Vasquez only played 13 mins, coincidence?
                        Disagree.

Comment

• One last thing, Fields better start the rest of the way till DeRozan returns.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Btw, i know they lost and i know the Cavs scored 105 but this is probably the best defensive performance i've seen this team play in like forever. Vasquez only played 13 mins, coincidence?
                            Were we watching the same game? Sooo many open 3s.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              that's a fine right?
                              A little to nonchalant for my liking. If he said "shit happens" and then threw his chair across the room and injured Ross so he couldn't play for the remainder of the year, then I'd be like ... fuck ya. Jonas cares. Buuuuut, he just appeared a little too dismissive with the quote I read. To each their own, right?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Too many teams are shooting good on raptors.

A stat I like is oppFG%

Most teams in top 10 are playoff teams - usually - there are exceptions

League average is .452

Raps are 23rd at .461
                                Our defense going to shit is what concerns me the most and it doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon. We had a day of practice and our defense is still shit. This is what Casey is suppose to be good at and it doesn't seem to be working. But rebounding is a part of defense and if you keep giving a team offensive rebound after offensive rebound that will fuck of your defensive percentages as well. Until we get our defense in check we will continue to lose games, unless its a crappy team of course. So glad I missed the last two games because it seems like they were both a mess
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X