Game #22: Toronto Raptors 101 - Cleveland Cavaliers 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    if the kings lose to the lakers tonight I will be so happy.
    you got your wish lmao
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I haven't felt like we're first in Eastern for a long time now lmao
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Has Lebron bulked up since the start of the season?
        2 weeks ago, he was looking lethargic, tired, skinny Lebron.
        Now I'm seeing Miami Heat Lebron --- is it just me?

I liked the defense on Lebron last night first 3 quarters --- we forced him into tough tough shots, almost all jumpers.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I haven't felt like we're first in Eastern for a long time now lmao
          The east is so shit it's not even funny... okay it's a little funny lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            I don't know why we don't use Amir more in the high post to set up JV. He's definitely a good enough passer/decision maker.
            Yes please.

Also run the same set for Val. Val can hit the FT jumper better than Amir. Also JV shows at least one pass a game from the center of the court/ft line and in, and should be seeing some plays run for him there.

Jangles wrote: View Post
            Vasquez has had, what, 4 good games this year? Every other game he has been crap.
            I voted to keep De Colo over Vasquez...

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Ross' brain left in the last 2:30 min of the game. Stats tell us 70% of the game.
            Finally got around to finishing the game and of the last 4 minutes of the game, Ross gambled on 1 play and got owned. The rest of his D was very good.

If you want to point fingers for poor defense late you should maybe look at Lowry, who missed several rotations which led to some poor rebounding positions for our guys.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I fucking hate Lowry and is hero ball in the 4th pass the ball you moron
            Ditto

Lowry of the third quarter finding JV+Amir was an NBA All-1st team point guard.

Lowry of the fourth quarter was....Rudy Gay?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              What? We already lost once against the cavs before this game.
              Winning a series= winning more games than your opponent. Had we won today, we would've led the season series 2-1 with a chance to win it in March (3-1). Since we failed to execute, best we could do is tie it at 2-2
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• casey should have his rights stripped from him when it comes to anything on the offensive end
                hes nothing more than an assistant imo, isos for the smallest player on the floor is not an effective way to win games

Comment

• Bright side: we almost won, without Demar, twice. Come playoffs, both of these teams will be better. I like our long term chances this season.

We still obviously have work to do. Far too many, your turn, my turn ISOs on offence (especially as the game wore on). Ball movement was much better early on (loved the high-low work with Amir/JV in the first) but it seems like we lose our way as the game progresses. Defence was better, but still need to clean up the glass and chase off the 3 point line.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Bright side: we almost won, without Demar, twice. Come playoffs, both of these teams will be better. I like our long term chances this season.

We still obviously have work to do. Far too many, your turn, my turn ISOs on offence (especially as the game wore on). Ball movement was much better early on (loved the high-low work with Amir/JV in the first) but it seems like we lose our way as the game progresses. Defence was better, but still need to clean up the glass and chase off the 3 point line.
                    The bold is something that is a real concern.

Maybe it is because I played post - and I was a really good rebounder *pats own back* - but rebounding is a team effort. You can't lay it all on the bigs. Sure they are the ones who will usually collect the ball but if you don't have everyone boxing out, including perimeter, you see what happened versus Cleveland.

Anyways, lots of work to be done.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Maybe it is because I played post - and I was a really good rebounder *pats own back* - but rebounding is a team effort. You can't lay it all on the bigs. Sure they are the ones who will usually collect the ball but if you don't have everyone boxing out, including perimeter, you see what happened versus Cleveland.

Another reason why I really liked Landry in the lineup (even if he was to come off the bench), guy is a good rebounder from the wing. We always get killed on long rebounds, in part because our guards tend to stand and watch until it's too late. A lot of our defensive rebounding problems is because we never seem to have a weakside wing crashing to cover the bigs on help rotation. Also, Patterson has really struggled on the glass (he can gets going in spurts but really doesn't have it sustained over the game).
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Worst thing about this...no game til Friday. BTW....remember that a year ago today we were tanking. Now we can't fathom how we lost to a team with Lebron, Love and Irving. Hope that numbs some of the pain
                        Not really. All we had to do was grab a couple of rebounds in the fourth and we would have won.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Yeah, Casey's been complaining about this since training camp. Its really starting to show it's ugly head. The guys looked really upset losing this game. I except a blow out on Friday.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            According to the shot chart we took a bunch of long 2's on the left side in the 4th

Cleveland took 1 long 2 and made it.

We should really stop taking such inefficient shots
                            Shot discipline has been non-existent all season. Analytics be damned.

And it's not just one player. It's everyone. That's on coaching.

Comment

• I guess after this game we can put the "We the 4th" to rest.. first loss of the season I believe after taking a lead into the 4th quarter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I guess after this game we can put the "We the 4th" to rest.. first loss of the season I believe after taking a lead into the 4th quarter.
                                Win vs Cavs would have been 40 straight wins when leading after 3rd Q.

Comment

Working...
                                X