Game #22: Toronto Raptors 101 - Cleveland Cavaliers 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with Ross at all tonight. He had a solid game except for the turnovers, and those are part of the learning process.

I don't mind losing a few games if it means Val and Ross are a bigger part of the game.
    Preach. Get some perspective guys. This game really doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Of course we wanted it. Ref decisions went against us, Ross is a 3 not a 2, he is not good at creating off the dribble, or making guard decisions with the ball, at least at this stage. Derozan is injured, and we lost a bit of a heartbreaker. It hurts our collective ego. This team isn't winning anything important until our youngsters grow. Ross' turnovers is what letting young players grow looks like. JV was a damn beast last night. I'll take that over 1 reg season win. He can play at an all star level. Already. He's shown it. That is much more important in the scheme of things.

Looking fwd to playing them back at the AC with Demar hopefully, who miraculously played superb D on Lebron last time out. Maybe we'll get some calls. Maybe more open shots will go down. Maybe Lowry will make better decisions in the crunch. Maybe JJ won't have to play starters mins and we won't be carrying fields on the offensive end (even tho he played admirably on D)

The anger at Ross is a bit crazy. Fine, people are emotional, but he is so far from the finished product, right now he's a catch and shoot player who can play some D. And he does a decent job of it. He will grow. He needs to get stronger. and he could do with some better handle. Both things that demar added.

Comment

• We would have won if we could have gotten fucking defensive rebounds at the end.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        We would have won if we could have gotten fucking defensive rebounds at the end.
        Can't blame the refs there.

Comment

• We would've won if we had taken better shots.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            We would've won if we had taken better shots.
            You mean a long 3 by Lowry on an ISO isn't the perfect play to run out of a timeout?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Can't blame the refs there.
              we would have won if the ball went in the hole, we would have won if we won

tomato tomatoe
              - You can be called "Zemic" -

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                We would have won if we could have gotten fucking defensive rebounds at the end.
                I've figured out a solution to our rebounding woes. #55 is apparently a free agent and can hold his own.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I've figured out a solution to our rebounding woes. #55 is apparently a free agent and can hold his own.

Chuck Hayes 2.0

Comment

• This is another one and i'm surprised no one's talking about it, Raps got to the line just 10 times ALL GAME. 10.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      This is another one and i'm surprised no one's talking about it, Raps got to the line just 10 times ALL GAME. 10.

Zero in the 4th!
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This is another one and i'm surprised no one's talking about it, Raps got to the line just 10 times ALL GAME. 10.

And JV had 6 of those....and hit 6!

Yet had 0 touch in 4th when Raps also had 0 ft.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. 'Magine.

Comment

People are talking about it, its just that no one likes blaming the refs for 0 free throws to 12 freethrows in the 4th when the issues of rebounding, turn overs and limited ball movement are easier to point out.

There was a segment in the game here is the link

(http://replay.nbaliveonline.tv/cleve...ember-09-2014/)

From minute 70-73, the refs changed how they called fouls on Lou Val 2x JJ. They started calling touches, there is a part where there are 2 consecutive JJ fouls (first one was a ghost call, second was a LOLbron head jerk flop on a physical defensive effort). That put the cavs in the bonus. This completely killed the raps defense... a few plays after where ROFLbron just walks through the defense because their bat shit scared of fouling. A missed JJ 3 some demoralizing Offense after that and thats your ball game. You can see casey telling LELbron he knows exactly what is going on (raptors announcers were saying Casey was pleading saying why are there no fouls on us while there are touch fouls on them), with the ref right there, not saying shit to casey because he knows it, KEKbron knows it, and a few seconds later it happened... and there is nothing you can do but watch as everything crashed and burned

Yes the rebounds KILLED the Raps, if they made some of those rebounds I wouldn't be typing this...
                          Yes the Turn overs KILLED the Raps, going back to the development of Ross at the 2 (I think he played great dispite the growing pains)
                          And yes the Offense got stagnant at the end when the Raps entered panic mode. (Poor lowry isos poor shot selection) but on that note check out the link at 89 min to 90 min. watch the replay of Lowry being fouled (i counted at least 2) while he was working on TT and Waiters. Waiters reach in slashed his arms, no call, TT was playing Physical defense on him, NO call... and LeFLOP on the other end was getting called on a small bump? What happened to officials being consistent calling the entire game fair square same thing for both teams?

If anyone is going to sit there and talk about the negative in rebounding, isos, no jv and turn overs they also have to talk about how the Refs took the game over and allowed the Cavs to dictate the flow of the game in the 4th quarter.

You can tell just how demoralized the Raps were, just how much everything changed after those calls. How hard do you think that is for a fairly young team on the road? It was the raptors game to win, they have to get used to playing 8v5... just how the league works

edit: I'm sure Mchappy will disagree with me and make some comment on me being tinfoil hatting mic dropping anti-moron, but apparently if i don't talk about it no one will
                          Last edited by Zeknight; Wed Dec 10, 2014, 02:02 PM.
                          - You can be called "Zemic" -

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Bright side: we almost won, without Demar, twice. Come playoffs, both of these teams will be better. I like our long term chances this season.

We still obviously have work to do. Far too many, your turn, my turn ISOs on offence (especially as the game wore on). Ball movement was much better early on (loved the high-low work with Amir/JV in the first) but it seems like we lose our way as the game progresses. Defence was better, but still need to clean up the glass and chase off the 3 point line.
                            i think the third game we had a chance but the second I am not so sure. The third game had both teams closer to full strength and was played at a higher level than the second.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              i think the third game we had a chance but the second I am not so sure. The third game had both teams closer to full strength and was played at a higher level than the second.
                              Second game we could have won if we didn't miss so many open shots. Those are shots we'll hit most nights. We played like crap but could have won if we hit open jumpers, that is another silver lining game. I think we would win a series against them if we were healthy.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Second game we could have won if we didn't miss so many open shots. Those are shots we'll hit most nights. We played like crap but could have won if we hit open jumpers, that is another silver lining game. I think we would win a series against them if we were healthy.
                                you are right

Comment

Working...
                                X