Would you? (McGee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you? (McGee)

Would you trade Fields, Bro, and Steamer for McGee and rights to BETTER of NY/DEN pick in 2016?

Raps currently have rights to WORST of NY/DEN pick.

McGee has one more year and $12M on his contract for next season.

If the goal of 2016 is to be a free agent player, not much point in going after big free agent this summer anyways.

So - would you?

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Would you trade Fields, Bro, and Steamer for McGee and rights to BETTER of NY/DEN pick in 2016?

If the goal of 2016 is to be a free agent player, not much point in going after big free agent this summer anyways.

So - would you?
    I don't think Denver considers this because of the pick switch. Shedding the salary isn't enough of an incentive for that to happen IMO.

I would make this trade straight up though. If anything, we'd probably have to throw in a second rounder.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Pass.. We pretty much have McGee lite in Bebe already.. and is much more inexpensive. Casey would just give McGee more of JV's minutes anyway. I suspect Denver will start the tank brigade soon.. and if they do, that pick they have will be more valuable to them then the cap space a McGee trade would create.

Comment

I have no interest in McGee whatsoever. A numbskull who'd just be a waste of money/a roster space. My ideal going into next year would be to have Bebe and a 3rd string vet man the backup C spot (possibly bring back Hayes? maybe give him some stilts?).

I'd rather have a cheap young guy trying to make his way in the league making mistakes due to inexperience, rather than an expensive guy with 6 years experience (who turns 27 this year) who still makes the same mistakes he made as a rookie, and can't be counted on to play disciplined basketball at all.

*Oh, and his injury-proneness really doesn't help his case at all.

Comment

Mcgee is dumber than a toddler.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

So - would you?
            $12M cost to switching the 2016 draft rights? I struggle more with the financial evaluation than with having McGee come to Toronto.

I think I do it though. McGee, much like Fields this year, would be an interesting, albeit flawed bench player. Also this gives Toronto a huge expiring contract going ini the trade deadline or salary space in 2016.

A chance to jump towards the top of the draft would be worth it. Either NY (Melo already rumoured to be 'open' to escaping) or Denver (looking like a Western bottom feeder) seem destined to get a top 5 pick.

I do agree with JimiCliff though, Denver would be unlikely to do this...unless they somehow have the belief that both NY and them are going to be decent/good next year. If the believe they are giving up a pick in the 10-14 range, then saving $12M might be worth it.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I would like the deal only if we give up: 2nd round picks + fields and bro (must be included)

We need Chuck hayes or any other guys

Comment

I'd do it for them sending us the pick so that we get both Denver's and NYK's.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                X