Are they "showcasing" Landry Fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they "showcasing" Landry Fields?

Aside from trying to maintain the cohesion of the starters by plopping Landry (who knows the system) in for Demar, it seems to me they are showcasing Landry. What teams needs a 2 or 3 that have an asset or assets we need? Insurance big in the event Amir's injuries worsen? I mean surely the Knicks would love to take him back along with his contract. But seriously. How could David West for Landry come to pass? The Nets are selling but other then Ak47 who's now gone, not sure they have anything better then Landry. Any other bigs in the league in need a change of scenery that would positively impact the Raptors for Landry? Thoughts?

Thornbury wrote: View Post
    Aside from trying to maintain the cohesion of the starters by plopping Landry (who knows the system) in for Demar, it seems to me they are showcasing Landry. What teams needs a 2 or 3 that have an asset or assets we need? Insurance big in the event Amir's injuries worsen? I mean surely the Knicks would love to take him back along with his contract. But seriously. How could David West for Landry come to pass? The Nets are selling but other then Ak47 who's now gone, not sure they have anything better then Landry. Any other bigs in the league in need a change of scenery that would positively impact the Raptors for Landry? Thoughts?
    David Lee, a bunch on the Kings ( all crap ) , Pels need a wing but don't have a 4 except Ryan Anderson

Comment

Landry been shopped?

You think?
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Kevin Garnett
        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I could see KG. Might prove to be a valuable vet down the stretch and into the playoffs as a role player. And I know he loves the 6. David Lee, not sure he fits. Need someone who can board, get garbage buckets and intimidate as a shot blocker. Why do you think Lee works on this team?

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
            I could see KG. Might prove to be a valuable vet down the stretch and into the playoffs as a role player. And I know he loves the 6. David Lee, not sure he fits. Need someone who can board, get garbage buckets and intimidate as a shot blocker. Why do you think Lee works on this team?
            Lee does 2/3 but with DD out Fields is needed

Comment

KG would be massive.

Comment

It seems to me like this is just Dwane Casey's way of replacing GV in the starting lineup in the least disruptive way possible.
                @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Hypothetical scenario:

Let's when Landry Fields was signed, he recovered from his nerve injury, and could still shoot. Nothing crazy, just league average.

Would we have ever traded for Rudy Gay? Would Bargnani still be on the team? We would have had (I think): Lowry, Demar, Fields, Amir, JV with Calderon, Ross and (vomit) Bargnani.
                  Last edited by bryan colangelo; Sat Dec 13, 2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I don't think they're showcasing him.

Any team that wants him for something other than an expiring salary is probably in the same situation we are: a playoff team looking for a 4th/5th wing guy who can play solid D and is a great teammate. I'm not saying he won't be traded… but it's not because they have 'showcased' him in the last couple games.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      David Lee, a bunch on the Kings ( all crap ) , Pels need a wing but don't have a 4 except Ryan Anderson
                      Pass on David Lee. Even Bargs plays better defense than Lee.

Comment

Casey is simply playing a guy who has a lot to offer in a situation that can use what he has to offer. I like how in the last couple of games he has scored early, grabbed rebounds, gotten assists and played excellent D. Could have had this from him for the last year.
                        What is he for foul shots this season? Four for four?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Casey is simply playing a guy who has a lot to offer in a situation that can use what he has to offer. I like how in the last couple of games he has scored early, grabbed rebounds, gotten assists and played excellent D. Could have had this from him for the last year.
                          What is he for foul shots this season? Four for four?
                          DD will be back and 6.5M is a lot for depth. If Fields is a serviceable wing plenty of teams would want him as a player not an expiring. If he has any value MU should trade him when DD comes back. Suns could give up Ennis for TH and LF

Comment

I think part of it is to give Ross more time handling the ball, but mostly for the bench. I definitely think part of it is a 'showcase' because if he can be anything other than cap relief next season for a team that helps the Raps a ton. I think MU would try for a trade like the salmons one, in that he will go after both someone serviceable off the bench and a 2nd round pick.

Comment

this guys been a 10th man for the past 2 seasons, and still doesnt have a shot back
                              without his contact guy wouldnt be in the nba
                              he plays D with effort, good IQ, can finish sort of but he's like Ronnie Brewer
                              no team is stupid enough to give up assets for this guy
                              why would 3 weeks of playing him 20 minutes a game change his value from an expiring contract to anything of use?

Comment

Working...
                              X