Both Pacers and Nets have some interesting PARTS - intriguing for Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Pacers and Nets have some interesting PARTS - intriguing for Raptors

That's all I gotta say ... Both teams are sellers and have interesting assets worth a look
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Kevin Garnett or David West

Add one to the Raptors and You got yourself PRIMO recipe for success

Bamn
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

KG.

Comment

I think Indiana is going after a playoff spot. Also, they already have psycho-T so i see no reason to go after KG.

Comment

If Raptors do get a West he could help the problem with refs. Dude is loud and scary.

Comment

West may not be a bad idea. KG is a horrible idea
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

The guy on the Pacers that impressed me last night was Solomon Hill. Played with good energy, decent handle, defended well, hit the outside shot. He's a guy I'd keep my eye on.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Are Pacers really sellers? They can get to the 8th/7th spot in the EC and then when George is back they can become pseudo-contenders over night. I don't think Bird will panic and start trading guys this early.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Are Pacers really sellers? They can get to the 8th/7th spot in the EC and then when George is back they can become pseudo-contenders over night. I don't think Bird will panic and start trading guys this early.
                  Taking the eighth spot and then getting eliminated doesn't sound that great. Even if PG comes back for the playoffs he will be out of shape. If the Pacers tank and dump some salary they get a top 10 pick in a PF heavy draft and enough space to make a run at Dragic

Comment

The only reason KG is a more attractive option than West is because he will almost certainly cost less. If the Pacers move anyone, they'll want a great return. They'd rather sit pat and take their chances with a George playoff return than lose assets for little return. The Nets on the other hand are blowing it up - they want some return, but that's it.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      The only reason KG is a more attractive option than West is because he will almost certainly cost less. If the Pacers move anyone, they'll want a great return. They'd rather sit pat and take their chances with a George playoff return than lose assets for little return. The Nets on the other hand are blowing it up - they want some return, but that's it.
                      I'd rather have neither.

If we target a PF, personally I would go after McBob....But I have no faith in Casey's ability to use him properly so there is no point.

McBob is a special player at that PF position.

Comment

i wouldnt mind kevin garnett .. he would be cheap to get and i wouldnt expect him to play much ... just be an on court defensive coach to help set up the way our defense should be

and to be that grizzled vet who can help us get through the tough times during playoffs ... like a wise old grandpa simpson

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          But KG is expiring while West isn't. Only way to get KG is if BKN can get stuff for our expirings. West for expiring work if Indy seriously wants to upgrade at PG, SG and PF this off season.

Comment

Depends how desperate the Nets are to save money. Because they're so far over the tax threshold, every little bit they carve off their salary is a bonus for them.
                            For example, if you think of KG's salary at $12 million being taxed at a $3.75* rate, they're paying $45 million in tax just for that contract.
                            So, if we trade them a package like Fields + Hansbrough (totals $9.5 million, and works for KG according to trade machine), the tax on that at the same amount would be a relatively cheap $35.625. So ownership could save more than $10 million this year (adding tax savings to salary savings), and avoid taking on additional contracts for next year when the repeater rates kick in.
                            For what it's worth, I'm not really a fan of acquiring KG. And I believe such a deal puts us into the luxury tax threshold, which I don't think is worth it for KG (although a separate deal could bring us back under). Just saying that there may be enough incentive for the Nets to make a deal like this.

*This isn't exact, because KG's salary goes across thresholds, so his contract is taxed at different rates. I'm just ballparking because I don't feel like doing real math today.
                            Last edited by octothorp; Sat Dec 13, 2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I can see how and why a deal for KG would work out for us. KG gives us the positionally and fundamentally sound defence that we get from Chuck Hayes with better reach, rebounding and scoring. We might even be able to rest Amir completely for games depending on the frontcourt match-up if we had KG.

However, given how Landry-substitutes-for-Demar is working compared to how Greivis-substitutes-for-Demar went, I think the organization is going to be reluctant to trade Landry until they have a pretty good idea of when Demar returns.

On the other hand, if Landry continue to perform well and it turns out the lingering effects of his injury are gone, there might be something to be said for resigning him at a reasonable price and bolstering our frontcourt in free agency instead, so it's not the end of the world if we don't trade for KG either.

One of this morning's "Morning Coffee" links had the suggested that Marc Gasol might be a better free agency target than Kevin Durant for this team given that nobody is sure whether or not KD might even be interested, Drake's cajoling aside; having thought about it, I have to admit Gasol seems like he'd be an excellent fit. Of course there's that little thing about how the Grizzlies are going to want bring him back regardless...

Comment

Working...
                              X