Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endgame Philosophy: agree or disagree with Steve Kerr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Completely agree with Kerr. I'd rather have an open look, than a forced leaner over 2 defenders.
    Kerr is right. DC could perhaps consider this philosophy at end of game situations.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      So what exactly are you saying? that Kobe won all those championships mainly because of Shaq and Gasol?

You can pretty much say the same thing to Shaq and Gasol. There's no way Shaq wins 3 titles in LA without Kobe. Same thing w/ Gasol. No way he wins 2 titles in LA without Kobe.
      They needed each other to win the title. Hero ball can only get you so far.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        You're wrong. That was a shitty shot by Lou, but there were about 30 seconds left - it was a 2 for 1. Raps had one more possession where they got PP a good look from 3.
        If I remember correctly, they set up that last possession in such a way that it looked like an iso, and then at the last second Patterson popped open for a clean look. That's sorta what I was talking about in terms of plays that keep the defense honest.

Comment

I'd go to Lou, every end of every quarter and every end of every game. After a while..... it just becomes routine.

This is where stats are actually kinda cool. repetition creates a higher rate of success.

All that, and well, Lou is a killer.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY15CHD6FQ

This, I want this every time.

Unless its an opportunity like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPxH7tBhwY

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              I'd go to Lou, every end of every quarter and every end of every game. After a while..... it just becomes routine.

This is where stats are actually kinda cool. repetition creates a higher rate of success.

It's hilarious how Lou's misses suddenly become shots with 2 defenders draped over him, when almost every one was a clean look. Yeah he misses more than he makes, but so does Steph Curry.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

Unless we're talking about feeding the young guys

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY15CHD6FQ

This, I want this every time.

Unless its an opportunity like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPxH7tBhwY
                  Wow Waiters totally got hypnotized by Parker there. LOL.

Comment

This was discussed last year on the board and I believe there was a quote from a coach (can't recall who) to the effect that coaches ran ISO for stars late cause: ego of the players involved and, secondly, it was easier to explain to the media why the star missed than getting them to understand why the star didn't get the last look.

Comment

all of these guys were star players at one point, or one level in their lives
                      its how they got to the nba
                      open look anyday

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                        I'm reminded of Amir taking a corner 3 to win the game...

I think the whole ISO thing the team has been doing at the end of quarters needs to stop. A simple handoff or screen just to get players open can do wonders methinks.
                        Once in a while, lou should try to drive on one of those ISOs.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          This was discussed last year on the board and I believe there was a quote from a coach (can't recall who) to the effect that coaches ran ISO for stars late cause: ego of the players involved and, secondly, it was easier to explain to the media why the star missed than getting them to understand why the star didn't get the last look.
                          That's a concern if the coach lets what the media might think dictate their decision making process

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            That's a concern if the coach lets what the media might think dictate their decision making process
                            I'm guessing it's not just the media. There are meddling owners as well. I can imagine the Sacramento owner saying to Malone " I'm paying Rudy Gay $20 million and you have Nik fucking Stauskus taking the last shot????"
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              I'm guessing it's not just the media. There are meddling owners as well. I can imagine the Sacramento owner saying to Malone " I'm paying Rudy Gay $20 million and you have Nik fucking Stauskus taking the last shot????"
                              So true.

Comment

I hate owners....just buy the damn franchise hire competant people and get the fuck out of the way
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X