Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endgame Philosophy: agree or disagree with Steve Kerr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Which was showcased last night, when we got the ball off a Patterson rebound, who dished it to a wide open Ross (I think it was Ross) in the mid-range....and Casey called a timeout so he could run a Lowry ISO with like 3 seconds left.

Now, if we showed any creativity in drawing up plays out of timeouts, I'd be fine with it....but everyone knew it would just be an ISO for Kyle or Lou, and one that starts above the 3pt line. I would've much preferred Ross, who had a good shooting night, being forced to attack with those few seconds left and everybody scrambling.

**I understand the instinct of wanting to get a shot and not turn it over. I also understand the desire to avoid a disorganized possession, and also try to get it into the hands of one of your best players....But there has to be some situation(s) where you let things play out because calling a time out is unlikely to get a better opportunity.
    ->I mean, in this specific instance, the game was already tied, there wasn't really enough time for NYK to get a shot off even if we turned it over, and again, the ball ended up in our hottest shooting hand for the night after an offensive rebound where the opposing D was disorganized and scrambling....I'm not sure you could ask for a better situation to let things play out without calling a timeout (just to run an ISO).
    What bothered me just as much is that when Ross got the ball he wasn't even looking to get a shot off. He was trying to find Lou way back behind the 3 pt line. Makes me feel like the game plan is literally "let's give the ball to kyle or lou" and no mention of "if your teammate is wiiiiiide open he should take the shot"

Comment

I wish a reporter would ask dwane for his reasoning behind this..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I wish a reporter would ask dwane for his reasoning behind this..
        If someone does he's just gonna say

"He's our guy and ________ had it going"
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          If someone does he's just gonna say

"He's our guy and ________ had it going"
          Come hell or high water.

Comment

They should just run a play for 2Pat. He's clutch!

That pump fake, so perfectly timed

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              That shot is unguardable.
              Chuck Hayes is unguardable
              Nevermind what haters say,
              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                I'm reminded of Amir taking a corner 3 to win the game...

I think the whole ISO thing the team has been doing at the end of quarters needs to stop. A simple handoff or screen just to get players open can do wonders methinks.
                I also remember Steve Novak being open on that play.
                Nevermind what haters say,
                ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Superstars SHOULD always take the last shot. That's why their superstars.

If you're a Lakers fan, who would you rather see take the game winning shot? Kobe or Lin? exactly. Give me Kobe Bryant, doesn't matter if it's a fadeaway 3 or a stepback 3 over 2 guys. Give me that over a wide open Jeremy Lin jumpshot.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

chch166 wrote: View Post
                    Chuck Hayes is unguardable
                    So true. If by unguardable you mean there is no reason to guard him.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      So true. If by unguardable you mean there is no reason to guard him.
                      Chuck still causes lane violations on his free throws. That must be an awesome hitch.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

If you're a Lakers fan, who would you rather see take the game winning shot? Kobe or Lin? exactly. Give me Kobe Bryant, doesn't matter if it's a fadeaway 3 or a stepback 3 over 2 guys. Give me that over a wide open Jeremy Lin jumpshot.
                        When Kobe was the guy taking the last shot Lakers never got out of the first round.

Comment

Then why even have a team on the court just send kobe out. I couldn't disagree more, these guys are all world class players and an open shot from a starting point guard is much better than kobe forcing a hurl over a double team any day of the week.

Also kind of odd you could have picked any league average player and you went with Jeremy lin, the guy who is famous for coming out of nowhere and playing like michael Jordan for a few weeks, including a game winning 3 with a hand in his face against us lol.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            When Kobe was the guy taking the last shot Lakers never got out of the first round.
                            Lakers also won 5 championships with Kobe taking the last shot.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fisher took a lot of clutch shots during their championship run. Big Shot Bob too.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Heard of that guy shaquille o'neal for the first 3 ?

Or that gasol guy for the other 2 ?

Kobe's percentage for last second shot is around 30%, ESPN had an article about it last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X