Lance will make'em dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance will make'em dance?

If you were the Raptors, would you gamble on Lance Stephenson? Charlotte's looking to move him, and considering how quickly they announced their intentions he might very well be a cancer.

However, this guy is one year removed from having a good season. He's a tenacious, almost psychotic defender. He had a solid TS% last year with average 3 point shooting, but for whatever reason his shooting has dropped off, killing his effectiveness.

Maybe this guy needs a change of scenery. Maybe he needs a better system. Maybe he needs a Hall-of-Famer to be his boss. Who knows?

But a) would you trade for him and b) what would you give up?
    Last edited by bryan colangelo; Mon Dec 15, 2014, 03:24 PM.

I don't think we have anybody that can control him.. so it's not worth the risk. Besides, we have enough guards.

Comment

No interest in him. Far too high maintenance personality.

I mean, a HOFer has been his boss since he came into the league basically. First Larry, now MJ, and he's still just a knucklehead. A talented one, sure....but he's not so outstanding a player that it's worth the trouble, and I think that's what Indy learned having him for 4 years, and why they were easily willing to part with him.

Comment

I think its worth a look, because MU may be able to pry away some other valuable piece, like a pick, or some decent prospect. Also, he wouldn't be asked to do much in terms of offense, with DD, Lowry and JV(?). As you pointed out he is a very capable defender, I mean he has guarded Lebron pretty well. He is also only 24 so he can still improve his game. Obviously the risk is huge as he is known as a knucklehead. Sounds like Charlotte is desperate to get rid of him so if I could get something else I think its worth a look.

Comment

Zach Lowe: ...his demeanour has been awful. This is not like us from a thousand miles away saying this. I was there. People hate it there. It's a real thing. The team is not thrilled with what they have got out of him, let's put it that way.
          No thank you.

Comment

Nope!
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So many reasons not to sign him... but for me it comes down to this, we don't need any more off guards.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
              X