Kelly: Raptors Intrigued By Gasol, Will Go After Him In FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly: Raptors Intrigued By Gasol, Will Go After Him In FA

A player that increasingly intrigues Raptors management is Memphis centre Marc Gasol.

The Spaniard is a free agent this summer. The greatest lack on the Raptors roster is a truly dominant big man. Gasol is a Jungian figure that features prominently in GM Masai Ujiri’s bedside dream diary.

Gasol, 29, has good fiduciary and competitive reasons to stay where he is, but it’s still the Western Conference. He might be great for five or six more years and never make it past the second round of the playoffs. Maybe Gasol can be convinced that he should take a free-agent discount in order to ride roughshod over the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future.

However that pursuit shakes out, you still need to tighten the focus.

The Raptors know their main bigs – Valanciunas, Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson and James Johnson – are good, but not good enough to go deep. Valanciunas is too fragile; Amir Johnson is fragile in a different way, and James Johnson comes and goes. Only Patterson can be said to fit perfectly in his (limited) role.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Loooool this is false. Kelly making things up.

Nobody knows what Masai is trying to do.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

it would be amazing if we get him considering JV can net us something good in a deal.
      Abbas wrote:

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

ahahahahah
        thats sooooooooo true
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          it would be amazing if we get him considering JV can net us something good in a deal.
          Yeah Gasol would be amazing but it's extremely unlikely it's gonna happen.

Comment

Just cause he makes things up doesnt mean it's false. Im sure gasol will have a majority of teams make an offer towards him, including Toronto. The only question is who he picks.

The intriguing thing about gasol is that hes a Spaniard so he probably doesn't care which country he plays in, seems like he values winning more than the bright lights. I also believe us with marc gasol are closer to a championship than the current grizzlies. It truly would open up a championship window. Gasol, Lowry and derozan is a legit big 3.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, not sure I would consider this news. I'm sure Masai is one of a couple dozen GMs dreaming of Marc Gasol.

And Kelly has been known to be a bit of a shit-disturber, rather than a reporter of news.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Just cause he makes things up doesnt mean it's false. Im sure gasol will have a majority of teams make an offer towards him, including Toronto. The only question is who he picks.

The intriguing thing about gasol is that hes a Spaniard so he probably doesn't care which country he plays in, seems like he values winning more than the bright lights. I also believe us with marc gasol are closer to a championship than the current grizzlies. It truly would open up a championship window. Gasol, Lowry and derozan is a legit big 3.
                What? If someone makes something up out of nothing that does mean it's false?

Where are the facts to back this up? Anyone with the raptors organization has said anything?

This is another article made up by a writer who's thirsty for clicks loooool

Comment

What? If someone makes something up out of nothing that does mean it's false?

Where are the facts to back this up? Anyone with the raptors organization has said anything?

This is another article made up by a writer who's thirsty for clicks loooool
                  All I'm saying is its pretty much a guarantee the raptors will make an offer for gasol, i dont need a beat writer or something to confirm this for me.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    All I'm saying is its pretty much a guarantee the raptors will make an offer for gasol, i dont need a beat writer or something to confirm this for me.
                    Yeah that's what I was saying he's just looking for clicks. Everyone knows Marc will be a hot commodity this summer.

Comment

In other news, Raps interested in Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant and unicorns too. Stay tuned.

Comment

Durant is also intriguing. Wonder if the Raptors will go after him in 2016?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Dude, we already have Ross.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Dude, we already have Ross.

Don't forget the Brazilian Durant lol -.-

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Kevin Durant... who is that?

Oh, you mean the American Bruno Caboclo?
                              OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                              X