Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: The Hating on Hedo Thread

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    Just to get the ball rolling, so to speak:

    1) Can anyone honestly believe that instead of helping Bosh get off the ground he went and hugged Don Nelson?
    2) Can anyone honestly believe that instead of giving Jack Armstrong a reasonable interview, he said "Ball"?
    3) Can anyone honestly believe that while not going to practice because he was sick, he managed to go out to a club in Yorkville?
    4) Can anyone honestly believe that he still can't close-out on shooters in spite of the fact that he is 6"10?
    5) Can anyone honestly believe that he still can't turn the corner on a screen and attack the basket effectively?


    that's hedo's answer to all those questions.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What can we do with Hedo?

    I would love the Raptors to trade Hedo this summer... but I don't think that is going to happen. Even less likely is moving Bosh and Hedo together in a sign-and trade... unless a third team can get involved, because I don't think Bosh wants any part of Hedo.

    That being said I think the most likely scenario is resigning Bosh and having to keep Hedo. In this situation there are three other positions to fill in the starting rotation. I think Sonny should be given the chance to play the 2 position. This leaves two vacancies in the starting five....

    i) A point guard who can defend dribble penetration and can be effective on offense without the ball in his hands (and can hit the spot up three). Can Jarrett Jack handle this role???

    ii) A centre who can protect the rim and rebound at both ends of the court.

    Unfortunately, the Raptors have about $17 to 20 million tied up in Calderon and Bargnani for each of the next three seasons. I believe Calderon and Bargnani both have some value, they just don't fit with the Raptors other pieces.

    So what can BC get for Bargnani and Calderon? I don't think he can move them in one deal - so will he be able to make a couple of big deals this summer.
    Last edited by black angus; Tue Apr 6th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i like bargnani and calderon as people. i really do. but they just dont fit what im looking for right now. you cant have andrea, jose, and hedo playing defense simultaneously. jose just cant play with hedo. its been proven time and again.

    i would argue hedo was most effective during the stretch where jose was out of the lineup.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When you say "hate" think genocides of millions, countless wars and embarrassing moments in almost every people on the face of the earth. Let's get our terminology correct.
    Well, "hating someone" is generally too strong. "Hating on someone" usually mitigates the effects of the word. But, really, I used the word "hate" because of the alliteration.

    How about:
    "The Tell us About Turk Thread"?
    Or
    "The Lambaste the Lazy-Man Thread"?
    Or
    "Orate on the Ottoman Thread"?

    I think the point I am trying to make with this thread is everyone has a complaint about Hedo for something he has done or not done. All would be forgiven if he just went out there and played some passionate nose to the grindstone basketball. I mean, Kobe has talent coming out the ying yang but you NEVER see him rest on his laurels. All we have seen from Hedo, this professional basketball player, brought in to be the Camel Clutch, is wanting to rest as much as possible. He can't continue to rely on his diminishing talent.

    The reason I think it deserves its own thread is because, as I said, this is not one incident, or two. It us a systemic attitude that just doesn't sit well with us fans.
    Last edited by verbatim; Tue Apr 6th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

  5. #25
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just my personal opinion, I think suggesting this board needs a thread for "Hating on someone" is still an insult to the posters around here and is also flat out bogus. Hedo has given the fans and media a million things to criticize. I see people here using factual information to make valid criticisms against Hedo Turkoglu's game. Most fans in here are criticizing Hedo's game and then there is a group of fans defending Hedo the person. Well, I don't know Hedo the person but I do know a large amount about Hedo the player and he's been lazy, unprofessional and disinterested. That's just my opinion though and I guess it all comes back to your personal interpretation of the term "hate" or "hating".
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Apr 6th, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote:
    Suggesting this board needs a thread for "Hating on someone" is still an insult to the posters around here and is also flat out bogus. Hedo has given the fans and media a million things to criticize.
    I like to think that we are generally constructive when criticising Hedo; but there comes a point where the solutions seem obvious, and the management/players don't seem to get it, and you just feel like you hate them all. It's not hate, it's passion. In this thread, it's just being phrased wrong.

    It's not really hate for Hedo as a person, either- does anyone here hang with Hedo? I doubt it. You'd be going out to the clubs too much to post anything.

    I see this thread as an opportunity for venting frustrations that have been building all season.

    Scott.

    PS:
    Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    So what can BC get for Bargnani and Calderon? I don't think he can move them in one deal - so will he be able to make a couple of big deals this summer.
    Bargs ain't goin' no wheres.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hedo:



  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie jamesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1) Believe it, and get over it...it's called "having some class"
    2)Believe it, I've got nuthin else to say
    3) Believe it, people like to go out after work, even if they did jack all day...especially millionaires
    4) Believe that, you're wrong
    5) Believe that, you're wrong

    Believe everyone hating on Turk like a laser is missing the whole story of a team.

  9. #29
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jamesk wrote: View Post
    1) Believe it, and get over it...it's called "having some class"
    2)Believe it, I've got nuthin else to say
    3) Believe it, people like to go out after work, even if they did jack all day...especially millionaires
    4) Believe that, you're wrong
    5) Believe that, you're wrong

    Believe everyone hating on Turk like a laser is missing the whole story of a team.
    1.) So its a class act to leave your teammate on the ground and go celebrate with the team who just beat you? Whatever happened to an email or phone call the next day? That's called be conscious.
    3.) Yeah, people do go out after work for a drink and people call in sick and go out partying as well. One is fine and natural, one is unprofessional and disrespectful to your boss, your company and your co-workers.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahaha this thread has gone waaaaay over the top!
    everybody is getting angst over it!

    i dont think we can really blame hedo. like i said in my past posts, he came in to an entirely new system, with 9 new players including himself. i think its hard enough trying to adjust to a new team, let alone adjust with the other 9 players who are also adjusting like you. damn! also, if you look at his track record, he was more of a support player when he was with the kings, then the spurs and then orlando. only in the 07-08 season he put in career bests, and that was after being in orlando for his 5th year. in 08-09 his stats declined, so i dont know why BC thought that he would be the Raps saviour and signed him to a crazy ass deal. to tell you honestly, when he "defected" and signed with the Raps, me and my buddies were more disappointed than happy, since we already knew that he would not fit in the Raps system, which has jose whos always looking for bosh and bargs to pass, and two off the ball scorers (bosh and bargs).
    Remember when you all were playing in peewee basketball and there was another kid in your team always getting touches? dont tell me you kept scrapping and grinding every game just to pass the ball to that kid....common...now you know how hedo feels. and dont tell me that its different because hedo is getting paid money. the desire that we had while playing basketball when we were kids was far more worthy than if we were offered money back then.....
    It still comes down to how hedo feels during the game. Do you think that he's thinking he has to prove every game that he's worth the 50mil deal? He didnt ask for that contract, it was offered to him. Do you think when LBJ plays he thinks he'll be getting a max contract this year if he always tries to get a triple double? Hell no. LBJ plays coz he's a workhorse and Hedo is not built like that. Go blame BC for offering him that deal and making our lives stressful. I know i will when i see him.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:20 PM.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    City of Toronto disapproves:

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man, Hedo, what a wuss - head butt to the face, who is he kidding? This is what I mean, Hedo has just shown a complete lack of effort since the beginning - and now he couldn't even play through a meagre broken bone in his face. Pussy.

    (by the way, this is sarcasm - being seriously injured has nothing to do with legitimate criticisms of Hedo)

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, I took heat for this thread when I started it way back when.

    Now, I feel vindicated - Hedo is hatin' on us too!!! lol.
    Last edited by verbatim; Sun May 30th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.

  14. #34
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hedo's motto must be "if you tell a lie enough times people will start to believe it."

  15. #35
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    Well, I took heat for this thread when I started it way back when.

    Now, I feel vindicated - Hedo is hatin' on us too!!! lol.
    +1

    He cheated us all. Sure he might not of been used effectively this past season, but he did nothing to help himself here in Toronto either. Good riddance Hedo.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Rookie Hellgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha this thread has gone waaaaay over the top!
    everybody is getting angst over it!

    i dont think we can really blame hedo. like i said in my past posts, he came in to an entirely new system, with 9 new players including himself. i think its hard enough trying to adjust to a new team, let alone adjust with the other 9 players who are also adjusting like you. damn! also, if you look at his track record, he was more of a support player when he was with the kings, then the spurs and then orlando. only in the 07-08 season he put in career bests, and that was after being in orlando for his 5th year. in 08-09 his stats declined, so i dont know why BC thought that he would be the Raps saviour and signed him to a crazy ass deal. to tell you honestly, when he "defected" and signed with the Raps, me and my buddies were more disappointed than happy, since we already knew that he would not fit in the Raps system, which has jose whos always looking for bosh and bargs to pass, and two off the ball scorers (bosh and bargs).
    Remember when you all were playing in peewee basketball and there was another kid in your team always getting touches? dont tell me you kept scrapping and grinding every game just to pass the ball to that kid....common...now you know how hedo feels. and dont tell me that its different because hedo is getting paid money. the desire that we had while playing basketball when we were kids was far more worthy than if we were offered money back then.....
    It still comes down to how hedo feels during the game. Do you think that he's thinking he has to prove every game that he's worth the 50mil deal? He didnt ask for that contract, it was offered to him. Do you think when LBJ plays he thinks he'll be getting a max contract this year if he always tries to get a triple double? Hell no. LBJ plays coz he's a workhorse and Hedo is not built like that. Go blame BC for offering him that deal and making our lives stressful. I know i will when i see him.
    tbihis. Usually you make a lot of sense when you post. But this one your way off. The first part of the post you got right, however you could have heard it on any of the Raptor broad casts for the past three years. The Raptors #1 excuse for being a mediocre team the past three seasons is that there are so many new faces and they need to play together and get used to each other to get better. Blah blah blah!

    As for the second half of your post, you obviously have never played a team sport. If you did you’d know that everyone play’s a role on the team. In football your roles are defined by your position you don’t have a left tackle line up to run the BALL, you don’t see line backers taking snaps as QB no matter how much they may think they are better suited then the QB who’s playing. If you’re not playing your role the way you’re expected to you won’t be playing.

    In basket ball the roles are a lot less defined because starting small forwards can also play SG and PF and in Hedo’s case PG or point forward no matter how dumb a concept point forward is. But he knew when he came to the Raptors that he wasn’t going to be the main guy or even the second option and that he was supposed to play off the BALL for the most part because they had Jose and other capable ball handlers. His role was supposed to be a third or forth option, be another BALL handler and to take and make late game shots.
    It was only when he started suckin ass out there that he told the team and the media that the team was using him the wrong way and he needed the BALL in his hands more.
    Jay Triano obliged and gave him the majority of the possessions and he fucked the pooch. It was some of the ugliest BALL I’d ever seen.
    After awhile the only players that would pass the BALL to him was Calderon and Jack because they had to.

    In any sport you have to earn the respect of your team mates by bustin your ass regardless of how much you think you are being miss used by the coach’s. This by the way is the lamest excuse for bad play ever. You have to bust your ass to show your team and the fans that you care. Finally you have to bust your ass to win.
    And for 10 million a year, dam rights you have to earn it. By coming to play every game, weather you feel like it or not. As for him not asking for his $50 million contract. He shopped himself around to get paid that much because Orlando thought he was only worth 6 million.
    Last edited by Hellgate; Mon May 31st, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let all of us agree that Hedo will get booed at the ACC.... and the reason why JO did not get booed is because of intensity, heart even though he was injured a lot and not compatible with CB4....... Turk's situation is his attitude towards the media and organization (Ex. the whole mask incident...urg), excuses excuses about him not getting the freakin ball, he told Turkish news about him wanting to leave toronto....

    Turk should know that if you are not loyal to Raptors organization and finish off the contract or play well...you would get booed!!

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter Gurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Waive his ass
    Last name ever, first name greatest

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hey, hedo courtney lee has it worse than you and hes not complaining you're a pussy and a wimp and that makes you a WOOSE!!!!!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate this guy, period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •