Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Brandan Wright anyone? he'll be a FA after this season.
    Perfect Backup C for us
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Which one fits better at the starting PF spot for us? Green or Young?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Which one fits better at the starting PF spot for us? Green or Young?
        Offensively there's no doubt it's Green. With Jonas' offense being entirely in the paint and DD not having a three that stretches the defense, the more floor stretching we get the more the floor opens up for JV down low and DD to drive.

Defensively I have to admit I haven't watched enough of either to give an honest answer but I feel like Green would be too small to guard most 4's, but luckily the east doesn't have a ton of big 4's like the west (Z-Bo, Griffin, Aldridge, Boogie)

Comment

• Green has done fine at the 4 out West.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Green has done fine at the 4 out West.
            Dan I just wanted to say thanks for your detailed and understandable responses to questions. It seems every time you respond to a post you are answering the question in the poster's mind but also one that is in many readers minds as well. Many times you come at things from angles I haven't even considered and thereby provide a much richer insight for me and others. You are definitely one of the community who makes this a better place...in fact THE place for fans to go and get a deeper knowledge of their team and the business of basketball.

Great stuff.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Green is underrated...but max money? I don't know about that. He's basically a super glue-guy. Kind of hard to swallow paying max for him.
              And sets a TERRIBLE precedent for future signings throughout the league.

Comment

We don't know what the cap will jump to, but in the most optimistic case, we need to lose one of DD or Ross, plus GV and JJ to have max cap room. In the more pessimistic cases where the cap gets backloaded, we just can't do it without losing all of them. No matter where the cap ends up, sign and trades and trades leveraging our youth and picks is the way to approach 2016. Adding top talent in 2015 can only help that.

As for defensive metrics, the best ones are DRPM for overall impact and Opp FG% at the rim for rim protection.

In terms of rim protection, Green meets opponents at the rim 6 times per game and holds them to 47%, a good number, comparable to Jonas this year (who has improved a bunch from last year) but on less shots. Thompson? Allows 51% shooting.

Meanwhile, Thompson posts a -0.15 DRPM (slightly below average defender) while Green manages a +3.79 (elite).
                What are the overall team defensive numbers, the Cav's seem to have been atrocious as a team this year and that can't help individual numbers.

While I like what Draymond is doing with the Warriors, but I think he is a product of that team and his production and usefulness may not translate to the Raptors. He attempts over 4.5 three pointers per game, I don't see him doing that here, I also don't see him playing the 34 minutes per game he is logging with G-State. I think he would be a great lift off the bench for us, but would he be any more effective than Patterson. (who is only 1 year older than Green)

Tristan Thompson on the other hand seems like he would fit as a starter better than Green with our team, but still not convinced he is the perfect fit either. He is an elite offensive rebounder, shoots a good percentage from the field, and has a great motor. He changed shooting hands and it is still a work in progress, but if he could shoot it consistently out to 18 feet I would like him more.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Green has done fine at the 4 out West.
                  You've got me intrigued. I'm gonna start watching some GS games to see Green play. Really didn't know much about him until you brought him up.

Comment

• Just to make it clear my question was about Jeff, not Draymond...

Comment

• I have watched a decent amount of GS games and it really seems like he is drawing as a more integral part of that team, with them doing so unbelievably well with their current setup... Why change it . If they need cap relief they would get rid of Lee. He has played no part in this season success

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        I have watched a decent amount of GS games and it really seems like he is drawing as a more integral part of that team, with them doing so unbelievably well with their current setup... Why change it . If they need cap relief they would get rid of Lee. He has played no part in this season success
                        Both Lee and Iggy but Iggy is a glue guy. GSW are an innovative management group. They might not be afraid of the tax although Lee is just dead weight.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Both Lee and Iggy but Iggy is a glue guy. GSW are an innovative management group. They might not be afraid of the tax although Lee is just dead weight.
                          Lee would fit us better, and after an injury deserves a pay cut, his mid range jumper would give JV lots of room to work

Comment

Lee would fit us better, and after an injury deserves a pay cut, his mid range jumper would give JV lots of room to work
                            Lee is very available for Toronto's expiring of LF+Hayes+TH. Trades fits salary and TH replaces Lee. But Toronto could do better than Lee for that package.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Lee is very available for Toronto's expiring of LF+Hayes+TH. Trades fits salary and TH replaces Lee. But Toronto could do better than Lee for that package.
                              Idk, I think in this hunt people continue to hunt for the perfect player, instead of the perfect player for our type of play. I feel Lee fits that mould for us. I think he would fare far better in our offence than GS. They are to much of fast break and three ball, Lee is a link we need to merge our outside game with our post game

Comment

Idk, I think in this hunt people continue to hunt for the perfect player, instead of the perfect player for our type of play. I feel Lee fits that mould for us. I think he would fare far better in our offence than GS. They are to much of fast break and three ball, Lee is a link we need to merge our outside game with our post game
                                He upgrades at the C over TH. His contract also means Toronto won't be able to go after Millsap in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X