Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Huh? This is targeting potential FA if MU is targeting Gasol there is room to go after Millsap. Under your logic only Sixers, Knicks and Lakers will get FA. Teams with cap space get crap FA they overpay for.
    You're using some very faulty logic there.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      If Millsap wants to sign Toronto can send out contracts like GV and work with Amir and Lou bird rights or do a sign and trade. First get Millsap to agree then shuffle.
      You can't offer contracts without cap space.

Comment

everyone seems to be misunderstanding what we can actually do

if I understand Dan correctly

1.) You can only offer free agent contracts (that aren't exceptions) if you are under the cap

2.) In order to get near the 15 million needed to even MAKE AN OFFER to Millsap you need to let Amir, Hayes, Lou, Hansbrough and Fields walk.

3.) Then you need to assume that Amir and Lou take paycuts, with Amir being more likely in that regard but by no means a sure thing. Lou is playing himself into a very nice payday that starts around 5 - 6 million per

It's because of these factors that I think a sign and trade is probably the best route to go in order to get someone like Millsap so we can stay above the cap and resign our own guys.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          everyone seems to be misunderstanding what we can actually do

if I understand Dan correctly

1.) You can only offer free agent contracts (that aren't exceptions) if you are under the cap

2.) In order to get near the 15 million needed to even MAKE AN OFFER to Millsap you need to let Amir, Hayes, Lou, Hansbrough and Fields walk.

3.) Then you need to assume that Amir and Lou take paycuts, with Amir being more likely in that regard but by no means a sure thing. Lou is playing himself into a very nice payday that starts around 5 - 6 million per

It's because of these factors that I think a sign and trade is probably the best route to go in order to get someone like Millsap so we can stay above the cap and resign our own guys.
          No question it would be ideal.

However a team also has to receive something in a sign and trade.

What assets do the Raps give up? Atlanta aren't going to complete a sign and trade out of the goodness of their heart and a TPE.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            You can't offer contracts without cap space.
            Didn't Colangelo do that with Matt Barnes?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              did it work? lol
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                I honestly don't remember the details there.

Comment

chch166 wrote: View Post
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Tobias Harris is very injury prone. This guy never had healthy season, it's a risk to give up assets for a player thats injury prone.
                  Signing a free agent doesn't require to give up assets - unless you count renouncing players.

I'm not sure I would give him the injury prone label yet.

He has played 25 of 27 games this season - missed 2 with strained calf.

2013-14 - played 61 games.... he missed 21 games with sprained ankle which was October 29-December 11. He played rest of season.

2012-13 - Played 55 games with 19 inactive/DNP-CD. Missed 7 games due to elbow laceration.

2011-12 - 42 games as a rookie. A bunch of inactive/DNP. Missed 5 games due injury (2 dehydration, 3 shoulder contusion).

The only games he has missed due to a real injury was last season with an ankle sprain. There were huge expectations coming in to his 3rd year and he did not meet them. HE also came back slow from injury.

Raps will have cap space to offer max contract to 4-6 year experience player. Offer it to Harris, resign Lou on MLE. Wish Amir the best.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Signing a free agent doesn't require to give up assets - unless you count renouncing players.

I'm not sure I would give him the injury prone label yet.

He has played 25 of 27 games this season - missed 2 with strained calf.

2013-14 - played 61 games.... he missed 21 games with sprained ankle which was October 29-December 11. He played rest of season.

2012-13 - Played 55 games with 19 inactive/DNP-CD. Missed 7 games due to elbow laceration.

2011-12 - 42 games as a rookie. A bunch of inactive/DNP. Missed 5 games due injury (2 dehydration, 3 shoulder contusion).

The only games he has missed due to a real injury was last season with an ankle sprain. There were huge expectations coming in to his 3rd year and he did not meet them. HE also came back slow from injury.

Raps will have cap space to offer max contract to 4-6 year experience player. Offer it to Harris, resign Lou on MLE. Wish Amir the best.
                    Wait a minute!

How the hell does someone sit out 2 games due to dehydration?????
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I honestly don't remember the details there.
                      http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...after_all.html
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

This seems like it was all a verbal misunderstanding. You can call guys on the phone and say "we'll give you this much".

But what I meant is that you cannot sign an official offer sheet without cap space. So getting Millsap to agree (officially), and then finding financial room for him afterwards, isn't possible.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Wait a minute!

How the hell does someone sit out 2 games due to dehydration?????
                          Stomach flu?

Comment

actual dehydration...not just I'm thirsty but DEHYDRATED is a very serious sometimes fatal condition to be in.

Comment

Is nobody interested in what Greg Monroe could bring to Toronto. At least he is available. I doubt millsap leaves AOL with them playing like a team on the rise.

Comment

Greg Monroe brings another slow big that can't guard the pick n roll, good passing, reliable post up threat

Comment

Working...
                                X