Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    One is on the upswing and will be hitting his prime in 2 years. The other is on the downswing and is struggling with health issues. I like having Amir more this year, but looking to the future, Thompson makes more sense to me. If you aren't high on Thompson at all you really need to watch him play this year. Thompson is already a better rebounder than Amir, and he is much better at getting to the line. Amir basically peaked at age 25 and has been trending down ever since. Tristan won't be 25 for two more seasons, and he's already on par or superior to Amir in most stat categories. That's where my line of thinking comes from.

It's not just about rebounding.. and I know Amir is bad this year. It's about the other things.. setting picks, defense, being a leader. TT might be getting better and is younger so has upside, but Amir is as important to this team as DeMar is from what it means to be a Raptor. I also think TT will be more expensive because he's an RFA and I don't think the Cavs care about paying luxury tax.

Comment

• Issue with TT as an Amir replacement is that his defensive and rim protection metrics are nowhere near Amir's.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Huh? Probably 4 years. Why would you offer one year?

I think Green is underrated, and will only get better, and I think with the cap going up soon it wouldn't kill our flexibility. And he's played a lot of PF this year for GS with Lee out.
        Green is underrated...but max money? I don't know about that. He's basically a super glue-guy. Kind of hard to swallow paying max for him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          How many years at the max? 1 year? Then we lose his bird rights don't we? Multiple years? Seems like a lot for Draymond Green. Not totally against it. Definitely see him as more of a SF than PF so doesn't really address the PF issue for me. I do like him as a player though and would be happy if he ended up a Raptor somehow.
          Green wouldn't be a bad option, but the max?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Keep in mind the max is 15M, and soon enough the cap will be 90M - making that 15M effectively 10M in the current salary cap.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              It's not just about rebounding.. and I know Amir is bad this year. It's about the other things.. setting picks, defense, being a leader. TT might be getting better and is younger so has upside, but Amir is as important to this team as DeMar is from what it means to be a Raptor. I also think TT will be more expensive because he's an RFA and I don't think the Cavs care about paying luxury tax.
              The thing is, it's about the future. TT does have more upside, and it's betting on someone who's far more likely to improve rather than decline. Would you rather invest multiple years in TT or Amir (if that was the choice)? One's best years are likely ahead of him, the other's are likely behind him.

Either way, we need to start finding a replacement for Amir. He does not look like a guy who's got lots of good years ahead of him. And I wouldn't mind bringing him back...but yeah, not sure if he can keep handling his current role that much longer...maybe a year or two (??)...

Comment

Keep in mind the max is 15M, and soon enough the cap will be 90M - making that 15M effectively 10M in the current salary cap.
                If we are going that route... why not another player with that Max. With Draymond Green, wouldn't we be a little redundant in terms of stretch 4 usage with P.Pat, who is cheaper.

My personal opinion is using the max to pull Jimmy Butler away from the Bulls. And using Ross as a trade bait to land a Starting caliber PF.

Comment

Keep in mind the max is 15M, and soon enough the cap will be 90M - making that 15M effectively 10M in the current salary cap.
                  Still a pretty steep price to pay for a role player...again, he may be a super role player, but still.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Still a pretty steep price to pay for a role player...again, he may be a super role player, but still.
                    Well, with our current construction, we need super role players. Lowry and DD are very ball dominant.

If we upgrade to a true superstar, I expect it to involve DD or Lowry going the other way in a trade or sign-and-trade.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, with our current construction, we need super role players. Lowry and DD are very ball dominant.

If we upgrade to a true superstar, I expect it to involve DD or Lowry going the other way in a trade or sign-and-trade.
                      But do you want to be paying role players like superstars? Seems counter-intuitive

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        If we are going that route... why not another player with that Max. With Draymond Green, wouldn't we be a little redundant in terms of stretch 4 usage with P.Pat, who is cheaper.

My personal opinion is using the max to pull Jimmy Butler away from the Bulls. And using Ross as a trade bait to land a Starting caliber PF.
                        Green can also play the 3, which means our 2-4 is really robust. Butler is a bit redundant, and I think the Bulls are more likely to match than GS. That said, Butler is another good target (though I would keep Ross and try to leverage picks and expirings into a PF upgrade).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          But do you want to be paying role players like superstars? Seems counter-intuitive
                          Superstars won't be getting 15M in the new cap world.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's an idea - restricted free agent Draymond Green. Offer him the max (about 15M), see if GSW are too cash strapped to match. Can play 3 and 4, stretches the floor, is a very good rebounder. Would give us a ROCK solid 2 through 4, with key pieces in Lowry and JV at the ends. Would target a high potential PG in the draft, let BeBe grow into the backup C role.
                            What about a poison pill? He was a second round pick, right?

Or a chandler parsons offer.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              What about a poison pill? He was a second round pick, right?

Or a chandler parsons offer.
                              He was a second rounder, but he signed a three year deal, so no Gilbert Arenas provision (since the Warriors have his full Bird Rights).

No need for a Parsons offer I would think. Straight up max should do it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He was a second rounder, but he signed a three year deal, so no Gilbert Arenas provision (since the Warriors have his full Bird Rights).

No need for a Parsons offer I would think. Straight up max should do it.
                                Parsons is a max on an annual basis no?

I was more thinking 2 years, player option year 3, trade kicker

Those are the small details that made morey pass

Comment

Working...
                                X