X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firesale in Detroit

Greg Monroe anyone?

Mamba Mentality

I always liked Greg Monroe's game, but it's hard to give up a pick for a guy going into free agency. But a pick and one of our expirings sounds fair to me.
    Last edited by bryan colangelo; Mon Dec 15, 2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

A single first rounder is probably fair value for Monroe IF you think you're team can resign him. He's a good passer from the post, but overall, not sure he's a great fit here. He seems like a guy who really wants to be wanted more than anything else right now and I don't think we have the touches to give him here.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I wonder what our plans for power forward are in the summer. I love Amir but he's probably a 60-games a season type guy moving forward. He has way too many miles on ankles.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
          I wonder what our plans for power forward are in the summer. I love Amir but he's probably a 60-games a season type guy moving forward. He has way too many miles on ankles.
          I think Amir is likely done as our starter, but unless we are trading him this season (I'd be shocked), I don't think the Raps should trade for Monroe. That said, if Monroe is there in the summer, is be willing to throw some money that way. Just scared to move a pick for a probable rental.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think his bird rights will count for a lot in trying to sign him over the summer. If the Raptors think he fits going forward, then it's worth it to get him now so that you give him a taste of our culture, a taste a winning and playoffs, and hold an advantage over every other team in free agency.

There is a chance that a guy in his situation will want to take a one-year deal this summer go for a max in 2016 when the new TV deal cap probably kicks in, but that's true of every big free agent this summer. We can give him a one-year contract and keep his bird-rights for 2016.

For what it's worth, I'd probably trade our first-rounder this year or next. But I wouldn't trade the New York / Denver pick.
            Last edited by octothorp; Tue Dec 16, 2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I'm just not convinced Monroe is a good fit. He's still a guy who doesn't really fit anywhere defensively. Not at PF or C. And ideally you probably put him at C, and then need a very athletic energy/defensive PF beside him. Just seems like a lot more roster work would need to be done....I'd rather just try to find a true PF that fits with what we have already.

Comment

I like him, but has Monroe ever played a playoff game? Either way I'm not sure his style of play fits the Raps.

Comment

Monroe has always seemed a passive player to me....maybe he was just bummed to be a Piston...but passive is not what we need in a big.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I think his bird rights will count for a lot in trying to sign him over the summer. If the Raptors think he fits going forward, then it's worth it to get him now so that you give him a taste of our culture, a taste a winning and playoffs, and hold an advantage over every other team in free agency.

There is a chance that a guy in his situation will want to take a one-year deal this summer go for a max in 2016 when the new TV deal cap probably kicks in, but that's true of every big free agent this summer. We can give him a one-year contract and keep his bird-rights for 2016.

For what it's worth, I'd probably trade our first-rounder this year or next. But I wouldn't trade the New York / Denver pick.
                    Absolutely 100% his Bird Rights would count for a lot. Of course, any team that trades for him doesn't get his Bird Rights, so, yeah, it would be really stupid for any team to give up a pick for a 4 month rental.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

josh smith waived!!!! holy shit.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        josh smith waived!!!! holy shit.
                        Wow.. confirmed by Spears:

Comment

Holy crap ... They waived him ... I'm not at all surprised by this!
                          Me from 6 years ago though ... Damn.

I'll take Monroe though as a starter. I think him and JV could be a wicked pair down low.

Comment

I could see Josh Smith landing in Houston though.

Comment

Raptors better not pick this guy up.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X