Sheridan Hoops: 'Kyle Lowry is the Early Eastern Conference MVP'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheridan Hoops: 'Kyle Lowry is the Early Eastern Conference MVP'

I think the title of the link says it all: 'Kyle Lowry is the Early Eastern Conference MVP'

Good to get some recognition from the US media. That's the nice thing about stats based writers rather than opinion based ones:
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/12...onference-mvp/

He's the best player on the team with the best record. That's enough reason for my vote.

Comment

Toronto has the best record in the East??????

No WAY????

I was just on the top three US media sites for hoops and didn't see Toronto on any of um.... nah, they aint in first, there is no logical way they could be.

:|

Comment

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Wall too high. debatable on Westbrook vs Lowry. Russ is a very good SG as a PG he isn't very good. Both Curry and CP are better than Lowry

Comment

I'd have a hard time choosing between Wall, Lowry and Westbrook. But Curry and Paul are clearly ahead of them.

Comment

He's the best player on the team with the best record. That's enough reason for my vote.
              it almost makes too much sense
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Curry is clearly #1. And I'd have a hard time not ranking Lowry #2 right now. I think his impact has been that huge so far this season, granted I haven't watched Paul or Wall play much, if at all. Hard to make a judgement without actually watching them play. That top5 is tight no doubt.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  I think Curry is clearly #1. And I'd have a hard time not ranking Lowry #2 right now. I think his impact has been that huge so far this season, granted I haven't watched Paul or Wall play much, if at all. Hard to make a judgement without actually watching them play. That top5 is tight no doubt.
                  Curry has been #1

Then in no particular order: Lillard, Lowry, Wall, CP3

Don't know why Lillard is not near the tops of these top dog competitions at this point...

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Curry has been #1

Then in no particular order: Lillard, Lowry, Wall, CP3

Don't know why Lillard is not near the tops of these top dog competitions at this point...
                    Lillard is playing crazy no doubt, last night against the Spurs was like...wow, the dude's a star for sure. But there's something about Lillard for me, like Westbrook. Both are fantastic players but I just don't see either as players that can run a team and it's offense unless that offense includes them taking alot of shots. I am probably wrong, but I see them more as scorers that can get their assists by moving the ball when the defense is on them and a shot isn't available. I just don't see them as floor generals that can run an offense that is designed to get other players good shots. I used to feel similarly about Curry, but he can distribute the ball quite well and I think he has proven he can run an offence. Maybe Lillard can do the same, or maybe he presently is and I just haven't seen enough of him to notice.

I tend to value PG's like younger Nash, and current CP3 a little more, for better or worse. But hey, if one can score like Westbrook and Lillard, then one should probably play that way. In any event, the PG position is just full of great ball players at the moment. Pretty much every good team has a great player at the point. Houston probably has the weakest player at the position of all the good teams (top5 East, top 7 West + OKC), and Dallas was the worst but now have Rondo.

Comment

Working...
                    X