Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And?

They are rolling versus weaker teams.

When they come up against a strong defensive team, especially in the playoffs, how they have been scoring overall thus far will not be sustainable, in my opinion..... Especially when the refs swallow their whistles which will happen.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      basically it. they could've let casey walk and picked up another head coach but who was available?

until Masai zeroes in on a guy that he really likes i think he'll keep casey around since he's good enough to have the team competitive and in the playoff race
      I was watching the Open Gym episode and they had this segment on Casey and his wife about life in Toronto and what not. I found it weird when Casey's wife kept on mentioning that she was happy how Casey got the extension and happy to be in Toronto for TWO more years. Considering Casey got a 2+1 contract, it's weird she thinks shes only here for 2 years. I might be reading too much into it or could it be that Casey already knows he is out of here in 2 years.

To me, the Casey extension and its timing had everything to do with Masai selling Kyle on the continuity of the team.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
        I was watching the Open Gym episode and they had this segment on Casey and his wife about life in Toronto and what not. I found it weird when Casey's wife kept on mentioning that she was happy how Casey got the extension and happy to be in Toronto for TWO more years. Considering Casey got a 2+1 contract, it's weird she thinks shes only here for 2 years. I might be reading too much into it or could it be that Casey already knows he is out of here in 2 years.

To me, the Casey extension and its timing had everything to do with Masai selling Kyle on the continuity of the team.
        Well, maybe they just understand, as people in the business do, that the only guarantees are the ones written in ink. An option for a third year is no guarantee at all.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post

I think you're reading too much into it. I mean, wouldn't it be weirder if she said 3 years, given the third year is an option?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I think you're reading too much into it. I mean, wouldn't it be weirder if she said 3 years, given the third year is an option?
            DanH wrote: View Post
            Well, maybe they just understand, as people in the business do, that the only guarantees are the ones written in ink. An option for a third year is no guarantee at all.
            Fair enough.

Well, no reason to get excited about 2 years down the road then.

Comment

Take a look around - just how many coaches do you think are the total package in the league? The list begins and ends with one guy for me and that's Popovich.

DC is in a decent sized group of coaches that excel at some things but have shortcomings in other areas. But guess what? You can say that about pretty much every coach - including guys like Thibs, Doc, Spoelstra, etc.

What is the threshold of games/wins that he has to cross before people can admit that the Raptors success is partially because of him, and not exclusively in spite of him? We are past a full 82 game stretch where he's had the best record in the entire conference.

Call me crazy, a traditional thinker, or whatever else… But give me a great leader of men who oversees one of the hardest competing and cohesive teams in the league than an 'offensive mastermind' who wins 15 less games.
              Last edited by Fully; Wed Dec 17, 2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                Take a look around - just how many coaches do you think are the total package in the league? The list begins and ends with one guy for me and that's Popovich.

DC is in a decent sized group of coaches that excel at some things but have shortcomings in other areas. But guess what? You can say that about pretty much every coach - including guys like Thibs, Doc, Spoelstra, etc.

What is the threshold of games/wins that he has to cross before people can admit that the Raptors success is partially because of him, and not exclusively in spite of him? We are past a full 82 game stretch where he's had the best record in the entire conference.

Call me crazy, a traditional thinker, or whatever else… But give me a great leader of men who oversees one of the hardest competing and cohesive teams in the league than an 'offensive mastermind' who wins 15 less games.
                Worried that Toronto is winning due to depth over anything else. Toronto can play good for 48 straight minutes. The bench depth really puts pressure on teams to play almost playoff style basketball. When benches shorten in the playoffs does Casey follow or do what the Spurs do and ride the team depth. If Lowry and Co. play 40 min in the playoff we lose.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Worried that Toronto is winning due to depth over anything else. Toronto can play good for 48 straight minutes. The bench depth really puts pressure on teams to play almost playoff style basketball. When benches shorten in the playoffs does Casey follow or do what the Spurs do and ride the team depth. If Lowry and Co. play 40 min in the playoff we lose.
                  So you're condemning Casey for something that you think will happen in 4 months? Got it.

Comment

So you're condemning Casey for something that you think will happen in 4 months? Got it.
                    Not condemning just pointing out the reason Toronto is winning.

Comment

Not condemning just pointing out the reason Toronto is winning.
                      Having 5 guys who are willing to come off the bench and give you everything they've got has a lot more to do with coaching than you think.
                      Last edited by Fully; Thu Dec 18, 2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Plus what about last year when the team was less deep and yet still winning at a nearly same clip?

Comment

Having 5 guys who are willing to come off the bench and give you everything they've got has more to do with coaching than you think.
                          This has to do with will Casey shorten his bench for the playoff or use his bench like Pop. Popovich is really good at using the entire bench even in the playoffs. If Toronto is winning due to depth then goes back to riding starter for 40 minutes in the playoffs. Winning now is a mirage.

Comment

This has to do with will Casey shorten his bench for the playoff or use his bench like Pop. Popovich is really good at using the entire bench even in the playoffs. If Toronto is winning due to depth then goes back to riding starter for 40 minutes in the playoffs. Winning now is a mirage.
                            So once again you are condemning him for something that hasn't happened yet. We're going in circles now.

Comment

So once again you are condemning him for something that hasn't happened yet. We're going in circles now.
                              Just pointing out that BKN was playing even but couldnt keep up due to the bench. It's something to watch in the playoffs

Comment

Our starters typically outplay other starters. Our bench typically outplays other benches. But our bench does not typically outplay other team's starters.

If the opposition's starters are playing 36 minutes, ours should too. We can't be going long stretches giving up that much talent when teams shorten their rotations. Perhaps a slightly longer bench than other teams, but not on the order of 20 MPG like we've seen in the regular season.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X