No announcement yet.

George Karl: Casey 'one of the best coaches' in NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that he's still in Toronto after regime changes and they're having the success they're having this year despite all the turmoil should tell you:
    A.) Masai believes in Casey... For this phase of team development. I think they'll try to hire an elite coach later.
    B.) The team is buying in to what Casey is selling and that's a important considering what he guided them through since he's been there.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Or might Casey actually know how to coach better than some guy typing on a keyboard in his mothers basement.
      How come everytime we're referring to fans on the internet we always go to the moms basement comment? Ill finish this thought later grandma just called down, its lunchtime.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The fact that he's still in Toronto after regime changes and they're having the success they're having this year despite all the turmoil should tell you:
        A.) Masai believes in Casey... For this phase of team development. I think they'll try to hire an elite coach later.
        B.) The team is buying in to what Casey is selling and that's a important considering what he guided them through since he's been there.
        Is it a problem if everybody sees the coach as a interim solution?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Is it a problem if everybody sees the coach as a interim solution?
          If you actually believe you and a few other posters are everybody, yes there may be a problem.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

i don't think anyones suggesting Casey isn't a better basketball coach than we are, hell, he probably has a sweet lanyard, we're just saying don't expect to make the eastern finals with Casey at the helm.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              basically it. they could've let casey walk and picked up another head coach but who was available?

until Masai zeroes in on a guy that he really likes i think he'll keep casey around since he's good enough to have the team competitive and in the playoff race
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                basically it. they could've let casey walk and picked up another head coach but who was available?

until Masai zeroes in on a guy that he really likes i think he'll keep casey around since he's good enough to have the team competitive and in the playoff race
                Masai looks over at Casey everyday and says 'meh, could do worse'

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  How come everytime we're referring to fans on the internet we always go to the moms basement comment? Ill finish this thought later grandma just called down, its lunchtime.
                  Thought it sounded better than "texting in a bathroom stall at work while pretending to take a dump"
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Masai looks over at Casey everyday and says 'meh, could do worse'
                    Pretty much the same reason men get married

Comment

Thought it sounded better than "texting in a bathroom stall at work while pretending to take a dump"
                      Dude...are you watching me?

Comment

The Raps have the #2 offence in the NBA with
                        1. a clueless Head Coach,
                        2 their All Star missing 9 games and
                        3. 1 PG who hasn't played like shit much of this year.

Well all 3 can't be correct. #2 definitely is. Anyone disagree with #3? Or might Casey actually know how to coach better than some guy typing on a keyboard in his mothers basement.
                        Do you not recall the ISO centric offense in the playoffs? Do you not recall what has happened this season once teams pack the paint?

Raps are toast if they do not evolve, diversify, and add on and off ball movement.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Dude...are you watching me?
                          I'm like Woj. I have sources.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

He has the right kind of personality for a young team as well. He's not to hot, he's not too cold, he's just right. Goldielocks.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Do you not recall the ISO centric offense in the playoffs? Do you not recall what has happened this season once teams pack the paint?

Raps are toast if they do not evolve, diversify, and add on and off ball movement.
                              not necessarily

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...a?refresh=true

Comment

Every team since the Spurs are running a motion spread offense. Raptors are clustering together and handing the ball off. They are running a flying wedge offense

Comment

Working...
                                X