No announcement yet.

George Karl: Casey 'one of the best coaches' in NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey is a Raptor lifer. His done ain't amazing job. If he keeps this up Masai will look stupid if he doesn't extent him again.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Really though? If somebody a year and a half ago told you our future roster, player by player, you would think that this is a title contending team? I don't think any reasonable person would. Yet here we are first in the east more than one third through the season with the best rated offense in the league. You really think that has nothing to do with coaching?

We've picked up guys considered spare parts around the league. They get here and they play the best bball of their careers. I've "watched games" and I absolutely disagree with you. Casey is a solid coach and he's improving
      Well said ogi.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Casey is a Raptor lifer. His done ain't amazing job. If he keeps this up Masai will look stupid if he doesn't extent him again.
        I'm a big Casey advocator but I think you might be jumping the gun a little. Still lots of time for stuff to go wrong
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I'm a big Casey advocator but I think you might be jumping the gun a little. Still lots of time for stuff to go wrong
          That's why I said if he keeps this up.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's why I said if he keeps this up.
            Good point
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• One thing I don't get is why is Kerr consider a better coach than Casey after just a 30 game career.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

One thing I don't get is why is Kerr consider a better coach than Casey after just a 30 game career.
                I'm not sure if he is better or not.

The point is that Kerr has essentially the same team operating at a much higher level than a guy who had 50 wins in the west.

A strong playoffs will certainly change my tune but until then I've yet to see enough from Casey with regards to in game decisions/management and Xs & Os to think of him more than a stepping stone.

He is the right coach until the team's true identity and direction is revealed. Who knows? Maybe that will be Casey but I doubt it considering he has been publicly pounding that rock with the results we've seen on that side of the ball. Doc Rivers said it best regarding the mirage.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sure if he is better or not.

The point is that Kerr has essentially the same team operating at a much higher level than a guy who had 50 wins in the west.

A strong playoffs will certainly change my tune but until then I've yet to see enough from Casey with regards to in game decisions/management and Xs & Os to think of him more than a stepping stone.

He is the right coach until the team's true identity and direction is revealed. Who knows? Maybe that will be Casey but I doubt it considering he has been publicly pounding that rock with the results we've seen on that side of the ball. Doc Rivers said it best regarding the mirage.
                  Kerr is tough to evaluate. He can't possibly be a bad coach, considering how well his team is playing, but then again he inherited a high functioning team to begin with. Losing Bogut for an extended period is definitely his first test, it will be interesting to see how he fares.

A fun way of looking at Kerr or Casey is asking yourself, how would either be doing if they traded rosters? What if they had Fisher's New York roster? Or Kidd's Bucks roster?

Honestly, I think Kerr would probably do a bit better than Fisher, but not much. He definitely wouldn't be getting more wins than Casey right now (considering how well the team is playing). I can see him doing as well as Jason Kidd.

I can see Casey doing as well as Kidd, not better than Kerr, but definitely better than Fisher. I think that's what Casey is great at, just creating culture where people work hard and punishing stupidity.

Basically I think Casey could probably do more older players and less talent than Kerr, but that's just me talking out of my ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X