• Show
Clear All

• George Karl: Casey 'one of the best coaches' in NBA

Mamba Mentality

What would he know anyhow right.....

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      What would he know anyhow right.....
      Does Karl post on this board? Because you have to post here to truly understand that Casey is a shitty coach who should have been canned last year and was only rehired to be a placeholder until we get a superstar FA at which time Masai will can his ass and hire someone who knows X's and O's and how to run proper rotations while also giving our youngsters who are the future of the franchise all the playing time for proper development while also winning the NBA Championship.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Whatever...this is nice and all, but has anyone ever seen an NBA coach throw another NBA coach under the bus? It's a big lovefest between NBA coaches. Don't know if I've ever seen a coach do anything but praise another, no matter how bad a job they were doing.

Comment

And keep in mind, he's not biased at all, not one iota.

You know, Dwane is really a class coach who has done a great job in his career, and I’m proud that I kind of started him in the league in Seattle, and that we’ve remained close ever since then.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I found what coach Karl said about this being a guard oriented league and there not being a place for Centre's that don't stretch the floor in the league as much anymore really interesting. Really hits home as far as the Raptors go and JV. Seems like Casey really has his pulse on the current NBA, but of course nobody here would ever give him his due.

Screw both Casey and Karl, now as well. Neither of them actually know what they are talking about.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Whatever...this is nice and all, but has anyone ever seen an NBA coach throw another NBA coach under the bus? It's a big lovefest between NBA coaches. Don't know if I've ever seen a coach do anything but praise another, no matter how bad a job they were doing.
              Totally.

Phil Jackson has spoken highly of Triano this season and .... Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich, was the latest to praise Triano following Wednesday's 111-100 loss to the Spurs.

"I thought Coach Triano had a great gameplan and they gave us all we could handle," Popovich said
              http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17230541.html

All these guys do is love each other, lol.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I found what coach Karl said about this being a guard oriented league and there not being a place for Centre's that don't stretch the floor in the league as much anymore really interesting. Really hits home as far as the Raptors go and JV. Seems like Casey really has his pulse on the current NBA, but of course nobody here would ever give him his due.

Screw both Casey and Karl, now as well. Neither of them actually know what they are talking about.
                That's all good and fine, but teams running traditional bigs out there aren't exactly struggling. The Heat are the only recent winning team that played a floor-stretching big at C, and that was a PF in Bosh. Spurs started Splitter-Duncan with Diaw off the bench. Mavs had Chandler, who has pretty much no range, beside Nowitzki. Lakers had Bynum-Gasol with Odom off the bench. Celtics had Perkins-Garnett.

I think with zone D and more emphasis on 3pters, the offensive role of the big man has diminished. It's just impractical to try and pound the ball inside and score for most teams. Even the better scoring bigs will have to give the ball up more because of the lack of space and presence of quality shooters. However, I still think unless you're fielding a team with LeBron James, you still need true bigs, on both ends...but these days you also need at least one out of your top 3 bigs to be able to step out and shoot.

Comment

Is Casey one of the best coaches in the NBA? Well considering there are 30 coaches, the top[ 15 are technically the best. Is Casey top 5? Maybe, maybe not, though I personally don't see him top 5. Is he top 15? I do see him that way, although I'm not delusional enough to actually believe I can make any sort of informed judgement.

He definitely is good enough for Masai, which speaks far more tellingly than fawning by his old boss or incessant criticism by some on this board.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Bahhahahahahahahhahahah
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Chandler and Wright aren't used as post-up bigs, they're energy/clean up bigs surrounded by elite shooting. If Amir can stay healthy (they should just rest him, already) and JV keeps his hustle up, they can match their efficiency.

Tim Duncan, of course, is and has been an elite passer and post player his entire career. Ditto Garnett. Both could shoot from mid range more reliably than poor Jonas.

Personally I think you have it backwards. All teams need rim protection and rebounding to succeed. But unless your big man is an ELITE offensive player (Marc gasol, Cousins) it's hard to design a team around him with everyone else in the league zoning up and trending small.

Comment

I still think Triano could be a good coach. He was handed a shit sandwhich to work with
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          I still think Triano could be a good coach. He was handed a shit sandwhich to work with
                          The shit is so runny, it's spreading to multiple threads.

Triano will forever be known as the coach who didn't want to "demean" Bargnani by asking his wings to help rebound.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            That's all good and fine, but teams running traditional bigs out there aren't exactly struggling. The Heat are the only recent winning team that played a floor-stretching big at C, and that was a PF in Bosh. Spurs started Splitter-Duncan with Diaw off the bench. Mavs had Chandler, who has pretty much no range, beside Nowitzki. Lakers had Bynum-Gasol with Odom off the bench. Celtics had Perkins-Garnett.

I think with zone D and more emphasis on 3pters, the offensive role of the big man has diminished. It's just impractical to try and pound the ball inside and score for most teams. Even the better scoring bigs will have to give the ball up more because of the lack of space and presence of quality shooters. However, I still think unless you're fielding a team with LeBron James, you still need true bigs, on both ends...but these days you also need at least one out of your top 3 bigs to be able to step out and shoot.
                            And I think once JV gets to that next level Casey will play him all the minutes he can handle. But those players you mentioned are All Stars whereas JV isn't at that level yet.

I agree the role of the big man has diminished. For me though I see it as a result of the accelerating pace of the game. Traditional bigs can't keep up with the pace of the game on either side of the ball anymore...or have a hard time with it. And it's not just a Lebron team, but LeBron teams have done it the best thus far.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Totally.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17230541.html

All these guys do is love each other, lol.
                              Coming up with a game plan for offence was never Triano's problem. Coaching, and all other aspects of the game was.

Comment

Working...
                              X